[SGH-I337M] Lollipop Official Firmware + Modem - [MEGA]

Search This thread

bill_in_mtl

Jan 26, 2008
Montreal
Still on GOC4 here... seems like OH1 is the latest for Bell. What Modem are you using?
I am currently running the Trinidad/Tobago release. Rooted with custom recovery (TWRP)

Bootloader: 1337MVLUGOH1
PDA: 1337MUMUGOH3
CSC: 1337MUUBGOG1
Baseband: 1337MVLUGOH1

Flashed Imperium kernel V3.1

No issues to date

sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

cythraul

Dec 14, 2010
5.1.1 with JFLTECAN/I337M

So I want 5.1.1 because I don't like the BMC 5.0.1 ROM. :)

There's a few obscure jfltecan roms around but I prefer Carbon or CM. Neither have a jfltecan version. So I tried an unofficial Carbon jfltexx rom as well as a jfltexx rom nightly build of CM 12.1.

Both gave me pretty much all I wanted but while cellular (voice and SMS) were working fine, data is not working at all (found out the hard way while I was out of the house and badly needed Google Maps. ;)

I eventually found this thread which led me to extract modem.bin from the BMC rom in the first post of this thread and flash using Odin/CP my S4 modem. Upon reboot, cellular data was working but it would only switch between 3G and H+... no LTE.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Maybe everything. :)

For the record, my modem.bin MD5 is 4fde1c5e2f79ad3177e6fb81f2a11ef8.

Thanks!

Last edited:

SimorghDroid

Apr 14, 2013
Burlington, Ontario
Hello all,

I am still on STOCK ROM 4.2.2 with my Rooted S4 Rogers (I377M). Should I just update the modem or should I update to 5.0.1 STOCK ROM?
I would like to try the Unofficial CM 13, that's why I am wondering if I should update to latest firmware.

Thank you.

P.S. My Baseband is: I337MVLUAMG1

Regards

Last edited:

audit13

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Sometimes, flashing the bootloader is not enough. From my s3 days, I always make sure that my modem and bootloader match.

The easiest way to update both would be to flash back to the stock oh1 rom from sammobile, set things up to make sure everything works, then flash twrp, the flash the custom rom.

I always use Odin 3.07 as that is the version I use with the s2, s3, s4, note 2, and note 3. http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1168421

Reactions: SimorghDroid

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
Hello all,
I just downgraded my phone to MDJ. I found that Wi-Fi is broken, so I tried to update to MK6 via Odin but it kept falling. So now I want to update to this firmware in Odin. Is there any reason this should not work? I have the 1337M from Fido mobile. I am downloading the .tar for Bell. Should it work normally?

audit13

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Which firmware is MDJ? MK6 is 4.3? What bootloader is currently on the phone?

Doesn't matter if you flash the Fido or Bell firmware as they are identical except for some carrier apps.

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
Which firmware is MDJ? MK6 is 4.3? What bootloader is currently on the phone?

Doesn't matter if you flash the Fido or Bell firmware as they are identical except for some carrier apps.

MDJ is 4.2.2.
MK6 is 4.3.
So when i tried to odin mk6 over mdj, I got an error during the flashing process.
The phone is still on MDJ though. Should i be able to update directly from 4.2.2 to this 5.0.1 firmware?

audit13

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Was the original bootloader older or newer than MDJ? I didn't think the bootloader could be downgraded to anything prior to 4.3 once the phone has a 4.3 bootloader?

What was the Odin error? If the phone did have an MDJ bootloader, the MK6 flash should have worked.

Reactions: lilajrestnom

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
Was the original bootloader older or newer than MDJ? I didn't think the bootloader could be downgraded to anything prior to 4.3 once the phone has a 4.3 bootloader?

What was the Odin error? If the phone did have an MDJ bootloader, the MK6 flash should have worked.

So this is what happened exactly, The phone was on the latest 5.0.1 firmware. I downgraded to MDJ 4.2.2 so that I can SIM unlock it.
After I did the sim unlock, I tried to flash MK6 in odin but I got an error. I don't remember what it was but I can reproduce the error to let you know if necessary. So, when MK6 failed, I flashed MDJ again and thats where the phone currently is. My next step is to odin this 5.0.1 firmware. I just want to make sure this jump from MDJ 4.2.2 (phones original stock firmware) to the latest update, 5.0.1. will work.
I'm not an expert in bootloaders, but I also thought that once you passed a certain version of Android there would be a point of no return. So I was surprised the I can flash MDJ with no problem but can not flash MK6.
There was one update that is between MDJ & MK6 which was version 4.2.2 MG1 (I think), so could that update be necessary first to make the update to MK6 after it?
Has anyone flashed this 5.0.1 over a 4.2.2 firmware with success?

Reactions: emetamorph70

audit13

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Are you sure the bootloader is mdj? If it is, I am surprised as no one has been able to downgrade a stock 5.01 rom to a stock 4.2.2 rom.

Could you boot the phone into download and tell me if there is anything on the screen about Knox or warranty bit? Thanks.

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
Are you sure the bootloader is mdj? If it is, I am surprised as no one has been able to downgrade a stock 5.01 rom to a stock 4.2.2 rom.

Could you boot the phone into download and tell me if there is anything on the screen about Knox or warranty bit? Thanks.

So how can I find out what bootloader I am on?
I do recall it saying something about tripping knox but I didnt care about it.

audit13

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Glad it worked. I was asking about the bootloader because if you were able to flash an mdj bootloader over a 5.01 bootloader without bricking the phone, you would be the first xda member I know of that was successful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to the high demand I am opening a thread with the stock firmware for the Canadian SGH-I337M with fast links from MEGA.
    The firmware is multi-csc, so all Canadian carriers are supported.

Bell
    I337MVLUGOC4 - 5.0.1 Lollipop - Click Here
    Backup link thanks to nabbasi - Click Here

Rogers
    I337MVLUGOC4 - 5.0.1 Lollipop - Click Here

Modem/Baseband
    I337MVLUGOC4 - Modem - Click Here

To flash the firmware, extract the zip, and load the .md5 into the AP section of ODIN
    Make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked.
    Put your phone into download mode (Press power+home+volume down) and click start in ODIN.
    Once the flash is complete, hold volume up + home to boot into recovery. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and reboot.

To flash the modem only, load the .bin into the CP section of ODIN
    Make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked.
    Put your phone into download mode (Press power+home+volume down) and click start in ODIN.
    Phone will reboot and you are done.
    Hey Sn0wHookr! Thanks for these awesome links!

I'm a little new at this but figuring it out quickly..
    So how would I go about using these links for a TELUS branded SGH-I337M ?

(I am currently running stock 4.3 TELUS ROM, rooted, running SuperSU and I have with TWRP recovery).

Do I just install the BELL ROM with odin and per your instructions and then do then factory reset and it will upgrade my 4.3 to lolipop? Is that right?

Sincerely appreciate any help, please PM me if this doesn't belong here. thankyou!

You can download the TELUS stock 5.0.1 Rom from Sammobile.com and flash with ODIN. If you lose your recovery or root after flashing, you can follow my instructions given here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=60188793

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app
    @mxcoy
    Can you give me a step by step process, cuz i rlly dont know the basics

Here's the link to download the chainfire root file, download it to you computer:
    http://download.chainfire.eu/327/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-jfltecan-jfltevl-sghi337m.zip

1) Extract (unzip) the file
    2) Open Odin v.3.07
    3) Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    4) Connect the phone to computer and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    5) Add the "CF-Auto-Root-jfltecan-jfltevl-sghi337m.tar.md5" file to AP / PDA on Odin
    6) Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    7) Make sure auto-reboot IS ticked
    8) Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes, once the phone reboots, you can disconnect the phone from the computer

You should be rooted

Cheers
    Compatible with Mexico i337M

Hey, thanks for the MEGA link.

Apart from that I can confirm this rom is compatible with the Telcel i337M, mine is unlocked and I'm using it right now with Movistar and everything works, LTE and Wi-Fi. Word of advice, I had to flash it twice, the first one "Failed" the second one went through just fine.

Regards.
    If any one need backup link for stock rom for 5.0.1 (BMC) here it

https://mega.co.nz/#!2cN2RSZZ!V7O5uyA-q88dJtPmwstWarEIRCvr-SqIDEV_APaurQE

Thanks, added to OP.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone