SGH-I717UCLF5 - ICS Leak Discusstion

Search This thread

Talderon

Well, I figured a thread is needed to discuss this.

Leak is here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/28213-sgh-i717uclf5-oneclick-leak/

Per request, DO NOT MIRROR, link to the download page!!

I am downloading and will flash and report back. Meanwhile, if anyone gets to this sooner, let us know!!!

GPS ISSUE:

All, after testing, testing and even more testing, here is what I have found (and others seem to have similar results:

CLEAR CACHE - If you have CWM, then boot into it and clear cache/Dalvik - If you are NOT rooted with CWM, then FACTORY RESET - Do this BEFORE you flash/one-click Odin flash.

Doing this will go a LONG way in clearing up this GPS issue.

Bear in mind, I am NOT rooted, nor do I have CWM installed. I am completely STOCK in that regard.

I flashed back to GB. I set up my device. I updated to the second leak, then to UCL5. No Cache clearing. GPS issues.

Repeated with factory resets between flashes - No GPS issue.

I did this entire process twice with the same results.

Hope this helps!

EDIT:

Issues (please note that these are only reported by some people):

• It has been reported that GPS is not working (or not working well) - There are several users now reporting GPS issues (THANKS!!!) so it appears to be hit and miss with this one for which device has the issue. There is a CWM Flashable zip posted HERE that you can try. Need more people to report on this potential fix. -- Props to Texantx for adding this to the thread!
  • It still seems there are plenty reporting this GPS issue as an issue and plenty without issue. Please keep this in mind when deciding to flash this.
  • SMS Delayed - There were a couple users that reported this, but others have stated it works fine

Common Sense:

• Once you flash, reboot FULLY a couple times to let things settle in.
  • If something is not working, there is a good chance that a wipe or re-flash will fix it.
  • Be sure to have backed up everything you want/need to keep.
  • (Personal Point Here) - Remove your SD Card before you flash - Just in case. :)

Installation Procedure (NON-ROOTED PHONES):

You can do this if you come from a Stock GB or previous ICS version:

1. Backup ALL of your information on the INTERNAL SD Card
  2. Power OFF your device
  3. [OPTIONAL] Remove SD Card
  4. Power on in DOWNLOAD mode (Hold Vol Down + Power)
  5. Connect USB Cable (if it is not already connected)
  6. Wait for Drivers to install (this is only needed for the first time)
  7. Double Click on the Leak ICS EXE
  8. Wait until you see a message in the message box stating: <ID:0/003> Added!! (or something like that)
  9. Click on START and wait
  10. DO NOT TOUCH THE PHONE OR UNPLUG AT THIS TIME!!!
  11. Once everything is flashed and rebooted, set it up and enjoy!!

Based on information from replies:

• One-Click ODIN Install! (In other words, DO NOT try and flash this via CWM until someone makes a .zip for it)
  • Be sure to back up ALL your INTERNAL SD Card information - It WILL BE WIPED!
  • This WILL UN-ROOT you.
  • Previous ROOT methods are reported to work.
  • Reports are that this is smoother and less laggy than previous leaks.
  • This Update does NOT trip the Flash Counter.

I will add more info as I get it and have the time. :)

Thanks everyone for participating!!

Last edited:

COA4178

Apr 3, 2009
Crap I'm at work can't download it yet start posting the differences btween ucld2 and ucldf5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Me too. Something for me to do during work! ;-)

Sent from the TermiNOTEr! ;)

chriskwarren

Aug 8, 2009
Whitby
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Can't wait for flap to get a hold a this bad boy and deodex it and add his spices

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Assuming he even decides to release something. He is getting hammered over in his dev threads, to the point where he has mused about giving up posting updates.

Lets hope folks don't start whining about him not including this update in his roms...take what we can get and be grateful.

Reactions: Froid and jpeg42

jpeg42

Jul 22, 2010
Oregon
Assuming he even decides to release something. He is getting hammered over in his dev threads, to the point where he has mused about giving up posting updates.

Lets hope folks don't start whining about him not including this update in his roms...take what we can get and be grateful.

Absolutely. If you want this leak soon, flash it yourself. Otherwise don't bug the devs and cross post these threads in the development section. People just need to back off. With the disrespect I saw to DG I am surprised we even have a new leak. RESPECT YOUR DEVS PEOPLE!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

andrawer

Jun 3, 2011
SWEET! Downloaded (seeding).

Now, I just re-imaged my desktop with Windows 8, so now I have to get drivers installed so I can flash. :p

Crap you reminded me I need to do the same.... And the only reason I keep my wife's junk laptop is so I can flash android stuff.... But I couldn't resist installing Windows 8.
Oh well something to do after I get out of this mall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

bhundt

Aug 23, 2010
Calgary
I'm curious, does anyone have any feedback for us?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's too bad some of you noob turds pissed off one of our best devs.

Morons.
    Well, I figured a thread is needed to discuss this.

Leak is here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/28213-sgh-i717uclf5-oneclick-leak/

Per request, DO NOT MIRROR, link to the download page!!

I am downloading and will flash and report back. Meanwhile, if anyone gets to this sooner, let us know!!!

GPS ISSUE:

All, after testing, testing and even more testing, here is what I have found (and others seem to have similar results:

CLEAR CACHE - If you have CWM, then boot into it and clear cache/Dalvik - If you are NOT rooted with CWM, then FACTORY RESET - Do this BEFORE you flash/one-click Odin flash.

Doing this will go a LONG way in clearing up this GPS issue.

Bear in mind, I am NOT rooted, nor do I have CWM installed. I am completely STOCK in that regard.

I flashed back to GB. I set up my device. I updated to the second leak, then to UCL5. No Cache clearing. GPS issues.

Repeated with factory resets between flashes - No GPS issue.

I did this entire process twice with the same results.

Hope this helps!

EDIT:

Issues (please note that these are only reported by some people):

• It has been reported that GPS is not working (or not working well) - There are several users now reporting GPS issues (THANKS!!!) so it appears to be hit and miss with this one for which device has the issue. There is a CWM Flashable zip posted HERE that you can try. Need more people to report on this potential fix. -- Props to Texantx for adding this to the thread!
    • It still seems there are plenty reporting this GPS issue as an issue and plenty without issue. Please keep this in mind when deciding to flash this.
    • SMS Delayed - There were a couple users that reported this, but others have stated it works fine

Common Sense:

• Once you flash, reboot FULLY a couple times to let things settle in.
    • If something is not working, there is a good chance that a wipe or re-flash will fix it.
    • Be sure to have backed up everything you want/need to keep.
    • (Personal Point Here) - Remove your SD Card before you flash - Just in case. :)

Installation Procedure (NON-ROOTED PHONES):

You can do this if you come from a Stock GB or previous ICS version:

1. Backup ALL of your information on the INTERNAL SD Card
    2. Power OFF your device
    3. [OPTIONAL] Remove SD Card
    4. Power on in DOWNLOAD mode (Hold Vol Down + Power)
    5. Connect USB Cable (if it is not already connected)
    6. Wait for Drivers to install (this is only needed for the first time)
    7. Double Click on the Leak ICS EXE
    8. Wait until you see a message in the message box stating: <ID:0/003> Added!! (or something like that)
    9. Click on START and wait
    10. DO NOT TOUCH THE PHONE OR UNPLUG AT THIS TIME!!!
    11. Once everything is flashed and rebooted, set it up and enjoy!!

Based on information from replies:

• One-Click ODIN Install! (In other words, DO NOT try and flash this via CWM until someone makes a .zip for it)
    • Be sure to back up ALL your INTERNAL SD Card information - It WILL BE WIPED!
    • This WILL UN-ROOT you.
    • Previous ROOT methods are reported to work.
    • Reports are that this is smoother and less laggy than previous leaks.
    • This Update does NOT trip the Flash Counter.

I will add more info as I get it and have the time. :)

Thanks everyone for participating!!
    From the Moderator

Guys/Gals et al.......... Please be respectful and stop with all the childish bickering. Having different views and expressing them does not mean to argue..... it means to discuss.

FOLLOW THE RULES, BE RESPECTFUL WHEN POSTING

Behave or I close the Thread.......... Oka1
    Ok,

..........THREAD CLOSED ...........
    Getting this:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

Nothing happens on device, any help?

I had this happen to me on the first leak, are u running an antivirus, if so turn it off close odin, then open it again but run it as an administrator then it should work, if not then you might have a bad copy, redownload

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Thanks! Just pull down the notification window a bit and slide back and forth (make sure auto brightness is turned off for this test). It used to work in GB, but seems to be missing in the latest leaks:

medium

Nope it doesn't work, it did not change a thing, sorry