SGH-T989D Telus/Koodo Official Jelly Bean (4.1.2)

Search This thread

Jon4248

Sep 7, 2012
Update out! Check your Kies or flash via Odin.

From the Telus website;
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BENEFITS AND ENHANCEMENTS

-Actionable notifications will show up in the notification pane.
-Jelly Bean makes your Android device even more responsive by boosting your device's CPU instantly when you touch the screen, and turns it down when you don't need it to improve battery life.
-With Android Beam, you can now easily share your photos and videos.
-As you place widgets on the screen, everything else automatically moves to make room. If they're too big, widgets resize on their own. If you choose to resize a widget, apps and widgets will now also move out of the way.
-Google Now automatically delivers relevant real-time information.

NOTE: Google is releasing this update in stages. Your smartphone will receive a notification when this update becomes available to you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Odin Flash files:
Koodo:

Download now HERE

If you are with Telus, you can flash this as well, see HERE

Edit: I attached vlingo.apk from ICS for anyone who misses the Samsung voice commands and driving mode for bluetooth headsets. I figured they would of put that in, as it is law for hands free driving in Canada...but I guess they needed space. Enjoy.

Attachments

• vlingo.rar
    7.4 MB · Views: 2,816
Last edited:

Octane70

Dec 26, 2010
Okanagan
I had a feeling they were going to release it today, just flashed a rom last night.
Good thing im an addict, hehe

Its funny you check the add date of it on samsung firmware and it said that it was added Feb-27-13.

Last edited:

bngrybt

Feb 2, 2013
It's actually 4.1.2. I'm running it now. Haven't had a whole lot of time to try it out but it seems pretty nice so far. It's a huge change from 4.0.4, will take some getting used to before I'm sure of what I like about it and don't

Reactions: Octane70

treefrog321

Apr 13, 2011
Did you install with Kies or Odin? Are you on Telus or Koodo?

Based on the file names, it doesn't look like there is much functional difference between the TLS and the KDO (same radio this time around?). I'll be downloading tonight.

coltonbauman

Mar 23, 2013
So what is this like? I'm running CM 10 right now, and quite frankly, don't see a reason to change. I'm having no issues with it at all. Anyone have an opinion on it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update out! Check your Kies or flash via Odin.

From the Telus website;
    BENEFITS AND ENHANCEMENTS

-Actionable notifications will show up in the notification pane.
    -Jelly Bean makes your Android device even more responsive by boosting your device's CPU instantly when you touch the screen, and turns it down when you don't need it to improve battery life.
    -With Android Beam, you can now easily share your photos and videos.
    -As you place widgets on the screen, everything else automatically moves to make room. If they're too big, widgets resize on their own. If you choose to resize a widget, apps and widgets will now also move out of the way.
    -Google Now automatically delivers relevant real-time information.

NOTE: Google is releasing this update in stages. Your smartphone will receive a notification when this update becomes available to you.

Odin Flash files:
    Koodo:

Download now HERE

If you are with Telus, you can flash this as well, see HERE

Edit: I attached vlingo.apk from ICS for anyone who misses the Samsung voice commands and driving mode for bluetooth headsets. I figured they would of put that in, as it is law for hands free driving in Canada...but I guess they needed space. Enjoy.
    Hello,

I'm newbie need link to correct odin version to install T989DTLUMC4_T989DOYBMC4_TLS.zip
    on telus SGH-T989D

Thanks

For a link to the file you're talking about, you can check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2247881.

If you're also looking for a guide to use Odin, check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2226886

However, keep in mind that to get into download mode on the Telus/Koodo T989D (vs. T-Mobile T989), you need to use a different button combination. See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2079776

I found all of these links with searches on Google. If you're just starting to learn about this stuff, you really need to do some of your own searching. You will get harassed if you continue to ask questions about basics when answers can be easily found with some searching and reading of many, many existing tutorials and other helpful posts.
    Are you doing this immediately after odin flashing the rom? Or do you flash and let it boot up first then odin flash twrp

Sent from my SGH-T989D using xda app-developers app

Ok... let me clarify...

I installed the new rom using Odin... then booted... checked out the stock features quick

then went back to Odin... Installed the TWRP 2.5.0.0

Went into recovery just to see if it worked... gave me the option for SU

I went for it... rebooted system

updated SU from play store... done!

Worked like a charm

Cheers m8 :)

Oh... BTW... I have had issues with call echo since day one...
    the radio in this rom makes my calls and speaker phone crystal clear now
    me <- very happy lol
    could somebody extract it...? the t-mobile radio hasnt been doing me too well here in the great white north.

I've extracted it from the .tar file with universal extractor and replaced the mdm.bin with the one from the old koodo radio flashable .zip
    These instructions say it should work, seemed to for him.
    http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...3246-extract-radio-modem-tar-md5-package.html

Something I've noticed though is the mdm.bin file was around 100,000kb and the mdm.bin I got from the tar was only around 25,000kb
    I'll try the new tmo radio and see how the file sizes compare.

Edit: took apart the newest radio and the mdm.bin is very close to the same size so I've used that as my base to modify from.
    Edit: flashable radio confirmed to work heres link: https://hotfile.com/dl/204125050/d1fbd7b/SGH-T989D_TLMC4_radio.zip.html
    It's actually 4.1.2. I'm running it now. Haven't had a whole lot of time to try it out but it seems pretty nice so far. It's a huge change from 4.0.4, will take some getting used to before I'm sure of what I like about it and don't
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone