SGS Armani battery 1650 mAh [xda user ships worldwide - official Supplier for Europe]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

GMH24

Dec 7, 2010
Firstly, I searched the forum but I surprisingly couldn't find a matching post! I don't think I am the first user to have the following line of thoughts...

The Armani version of our SGS has a stronger stock battery (I assume no cheap china thing), therefore:

1. Does it fit in a regular SGS?
2. Where can I get one? Officially from Samsung?
3. Does anybody already own one? ;)

regards

EDIT:
Ersatzteile:
ASWO Electronic Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH
Tel: 0180 5 471102 (0,14 Euro/Min. Festnetz Deutsche Telekom)
Fax: 0180 5 471122 (0,14 Euro/Min. Festnetz Deutsche Telekom)
E-Mail: info@aswo.com
https://www.aswo.com/internet/icmDE99.nsf

Partner shops all over Europe:
https://www.aswo.com/internet/ICM99_ENG.NSF/(html)/LinkFrame_4?OpenDocument

The webshop is only for business owners, private customers must place their order by phone!

Artikelbezeichnung: 1650 mAh Akku EB575152LU
Positions-Nr.:
ASWO -ET. Nr.: 5865028
Preis* in € (netto): 13.62
Lieferzeit*: Voraussichtlich lieferbar innerhalb von 1 - 2 Wochen

zzgl. 5,84 € Versand + Mwst + 2,00 € Nachnahme

Die Lieferung kann nur per Nachnahme erfolgen.

Rough translation: What the quote says is that is 13,62 € net + 5,84 € shipping + VAT + 2 € cash on delivery fee. Delivery can only be made COD!

EDIT2:

Aparently, the GT-I9003 has this bigger battery as well!

Last edited by a moderator:

oswade

Jun 18, 2010
Good thinking, but has this actually been released yet? I could only find a few vids on the internet and no info on when it was released...

GMH24

Dec 7, 2010
Well, it's hard to say wheter the Armani GS is already out or not, the sources are quite conflicting...

Anyway, I just mailed to Samsung (Samsung Germany to be precise, they have the phone on their site) and I'll let you know as soon as I get a reply!

dehem333

Aug 21, 2010
According to samfirmware it's just an 1500 battery? There is 1 firmware btw , with a weird pit file lol :)

capactus

Dec 23, 2008
Bennekom
A review on a dutch site confirms that the battery fits the standard Galaxy S. It is indeed a 1650mAh battery.

The reply is in the comments:
http://www.mobilecowboys.nl/toestellen/13500

And yes, I do own one ;) It has great build quality and it feels faster than de normal Galaxy S. The only thing bugging me is the Armani logo on the front.

Quadrant score is about 1200 on the stock rom without lagfix or anything. Also, the GPS seems to work outstanding.

Last edited:

GMH24

Dec 7, 2010
A review on a dutch site confirms that the battery fits the standard Galaxy S. It is indeed a 1650mAh battery. The only thing bugging me is the Armani logo on the front.

Thanks for the info! I just have to believe you as Dutch is barely understandable to me ;)

Where did you buy your Armani GS? Maybe we can order batteries there?

And could you post a picture of the battery so that I have the data for further reference (product code etc.)? Would be highly appreciated!

capactus

Dec 23, 2008
Bennekom
Sure, no problem. i'll do this later this evening.

I bought mine at a store called "belcompany" in Holland. They sell the Armani version exclusively. I went to get a replacement for my broken Galaxy S and I saw the Armani version and took a chance ;)

http://www.belcompany.nl/Selecteren/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=p175080_1

The review is very positive. The reviewer states he would rate the phone a bit higher than the standard Galaxy S for buildquality and speed. The phone lacks FM-radio and a front facing camera. But it's not a deal breaker for the reviewer.

I'll upload some pictures tonight :)

The webshop doesn't seem to offer replacement batteries yet. I could walk by the store tomorrow and ask if there is a possibility to get extra batteries.

Last edited:

capactus

Dec 23, 2008
Bennekom
Here are the pics I promised.

foto1-kopie.jpg

foto2-kopie.jpg

foto3-kopie.jpg

foto4-kopie.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GMH24

GMH24

Dec 7, 2010
Thanks a lot!!!! With this information, it should be feasible to track down one of those battaries! :D I'll check with the stores I usually shop tomorrow! If they cannot provide that battary, I'll contact Belcompany...

Nice wallpaper btw!

capactus

Dec 23, 2008
Bennekom
You're welcome and good luck with your search ;)

I Attached the wallpaper.

Attachments

• vernal_by_c31marius.zip
    740.6 KB · Views: 173

GMH24

Dec 7, 2010
ok, short update! Seems like it is gonna get tougher than I thought to buy that battery :(

My Austrian shops basically say the same as belcompany, so I'll just post it as an example:

Good afternoon,

Unfortunately we cannot order this new battery from any of our suppliers (yet).
They are not sure if this battery will become available as a separate purchase, or if it will only be available as the standard battery that comes with this newer phone.

With regards,

Vertrouwende u hier voldoende mee te hebben geïnformeerd.
Met vriendelijke groet,

Esmeralda van der Linden
Medewerker Service

I wonder what Armani GS owners should do if they want a new battery :confused:

anyway, let's hope for the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts