[sGSI 9.0] AOSiP / Pixel Experience / AOSP //Personal Builds [S9/S9+/N9]

Search This thread

Justiz5533

May 20, 2016
In my opinion the device specific roms are way better in terms of battery and performance. (I build AEX, POSP and Arrow). I recommend Arrow if you want something clean, AEX and POSP have more customization.
Only bugs you have to deal with are HWC disabled and signal indicator showing 0.
You could make a TWRP backup of your current PE setup. I removed all the sgsi's except for AOSP from my repo.

Thanks for the fast answer :). I will install arrow because i want something fast and smooth. Besides HWC and Signal indicator, are there other bugs? (In PE i was facing a camera error 4 Times a Day so I had to restart my device often)

Olaetram

Aug 12, 2018
whats your recommended vendor/kernel for Arrow ?
im on your PE SGSI rn, should i flash the stock gsi again before installing the rom or can i leave the gsi ?

Last edited:

CrazyBeaver2377

Jan 19, 2018
Tilburg
Thanks for the fast answer :). I will install arrow because i want something fast and smooth. Besides HWC and Signal indicator, are there other bugs? (In PE i was facing a camera error 4 Times a Day so I had to restart my device often)
About the camera I don't know, stock camera app should be fine. Different gcam's give different results and idc too much about that to be honest.

Olaetram

Aug 12, 2018
Make sure you are on CSB3 vendor/firmware.
They are all in my repository. Second post of my arrow thread.
Just wipe everything and follow the flashing instructions in the thread.

I did everything as you told on your thread, but i think the ROM for the star2lte isnt booting, tried flashing it twice clean, still stuck in bootloader after 10 minutes

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

I did everything as you told on your thread, but i think the ROM for the star2lte isnt booting, tried flashing it twice clean, still stuck in bootloader after 10 minutes

update, its only booting in safe mode? why is that

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

update, its only booting in safe mode? why is that

found the solution, to every s9+ user, do not install stock gapps, but mini gapps, i think one of the app installed on the stock doesnt let the s9 boot, but with mini gapps it works

bark ohkba

Jan 17, 2019
Search Button Action setting Not working in aex and potato 10032019 on s9+ int ?, stuck at default settings

Last edited:

Olaetram

Aug 12, 2018
yo, with brk3 vendor and firmware my sim card is not getting detected,
im on pixel experience, everything works fine except my sim card

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you still want to run an SGSI (we have device specific roms now), I strongly recommend vanilla aosp. It is by far the smoothest and just simply works without issues. I will maintain AOSP for security patches until i'm using device specifics as a daily (still some bugs left). Go for my AEX or POSP now

What is this thread?
    This thread is hosting my personal builds of sGSI's. As we don't have stable device specific Pie roms yet I believe this is still in high demand for you people that love AOSP roms and are patiently waiting for development. Until we have a stable device tree (which would translate into stable device specific roms) I will be mainting these builds. Aside from a few minor quirks these builds should work fine for daily usage.

What are the quirks?
    For getting bluetooth to work you need a permissive kernel. You can use the magisk module provided in my mega library.
    The statusbar padding is a bit off by default (fix is in my library as well)
    AOSiP has longer boottime

What ROMS can I choose from?
    For now my stable sGSI's are AOSiP, Pixel Experience and AOSP.

What vendor/firmware/kernel to use for what rom?
    AOSiP:
    S9/S9+ needs BRK3 vendor/firmware and endurance AOSP kernel
    N9 needs ARH6 vendor/firmware and endurance GSI kernel
    Pixel Experience:
    S9/S9+ needs BRK3 vendor/firmware and endurance AOSP kernel
    AOSP:
    S9/S9+ needs BRK3 vendor/firmware and endurance GSI kernel

Flashing instructions

1. Wipe everything
    2. Flash firmware
    3. Flash vendor
    4. Flash gsi to system
    5. Reboot recovery
    6. Flash gapps
    7. Flash kernel
    8. Reboot

Note: skip step 5 and 6 for roms with gapps included

If you have an issue flashing gapps because of insufficient space, do the following in TWRP. Advanced wipe -> System Partition -> Repair or Change File System and Repair and Resize

Downloads:
    This is my MEGA library where I host all the files you need for running your sGSI (and some extras): https://mega.nz/#F!wFFQUYbI!GZvNOBSn1wVn8U9mQDzBiw

Source code
    https://github.com/TheCrazyBeaver/device_phh_treble

Credits:
    Phhusson for his generic device tree
    Codefox for being my main honi, the semi generic device tree and foxytreble
    AzzyC for being my second honi
    Eamo5 for his godlike endurance kernel

P.S. Note 9 plebs are welcome here but I won't make a thread in Note 9 forum as I don't own the device

XDA:DevDB Information
    [sGSI 9.0] AOSiP / Pixel Experience / ViperOS //Personal Builds [S9/S9+/N9], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    CrazyBeaver2377, CrazyBeaver2377, CodeFox
    Source Code: https://github.com/TheCrazyBeaver/device_phh_treble

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: BRK3 Vendor / Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-02-04
    Last Updated 2019-02-11

XDA:DevDB Information
    [sGSI 9.0] AOSiP / Pixel Experience / AOSP //Personal Builds [S9/S9+/N9], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    CrazyBeaver2377, CrazyBeaver2377, Codefox, Rainbow_Dash
    Source Code: https://github.com/TheCrazyBeaver/device_phh_treble

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: BRK3 Vendor / Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-02-04
    Last Updated 2019-02-13
    YEAH,just from offical 8.0 TW and doing factory reset in twrp.but it becomes a new phone with nothing now:/
    "factory reset"
    I'm not even going to comment any further on this.
    I just uploaded vanilla AOSP sGSI. Feel free to try. It is very barebones though but it will most likely work the best out of all GSI's.
    https://mega.nz/#!pBkzwKhC!qPQHVrZnsDcA3MfjFgGeFZ-xyTH1cmzLPHZMf0dfLH0
    I got feedback from a few note 9 users that their fingerprint sensor isn't working.
    For now note 9 users will have to use ARH6 vendor in order to be able to use fingerprint sensor (will put it in my mega repo later). I will fix this in my next builds (I have to implement this: https://github.com/phhusson/platform_frameworks_base/commit/8cdf614d084f763107d197852a7f6ba3db802b13)
    I will update the builds gradually later for the feb security patch.