• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[sGSI 9.0]Dirty Unicorns[UNOFFICIAL][06.12.2018][S9/S9+/N9]

Search This thread

LavaSnake54

Aug 20, 2018
Its a nice place tbh.

But guys like you make it not so nice TBH

EDIT: when u dont know what Im talking about...read your last commits ;)
You know what... Because you're a senior member, you have more experience than me. So, because I'm a new member, why not give an advice in a nice way? You really have to be like that?

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

It mostly is if you don't disrespect another person's work who has been as generous to give up their time to develop for a device they don't even own. If you could provide anything remotely constructive, perhaps it wouldn't be dismissed as hate so quickly.
Oh ok

shiva_rawlley

Jan 11, 2014
Stuck on samsung boot logo. Please help on what should I do. (Currently on BJR3)
Steps taken:
1. Installed lattest twrp.
2. Installed GSI Kernal
3. Install BRJ6
4. Install the image on System.

Since then i have just been getting boot loop.

LavaSnake54

Aug 20, 2018
Stuck on samsung boot logo. Please help on what should I do. (Currently on BJR3)
Steps taken:
1. Installed lattest twrp.
2. Installed GSI Kernal
3. Install BRJ6
4. Install the image on System.

Since then i have just been getting boot loop.
1. Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik
2. Flash system img into the system partition
3. Reboot into TWRP
4. Flash the GSI kernel normally
5. Flash magisk
6. Reboot

It might reboot two times btw

Vmb265

Jan 21, 2017
Any comments on the camera performance?

It's great! Gcam has HDR+ and Both Front and back Portrait mode

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Does volte work in this?

No

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

What's the difference between this rom and "pixel experience" one?

Pixel Experience has Pixel 3 like software with all wallpapers and Google apps preinstalled and Dirty unicorn has more customization options

Alt34

Dec 28, 2014
Help please, how to "install the image on system" ?? I downloaded it, but it doesn't appear...

gsser

Dec 22, 2012
Eskisehir
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hey there, i need the PHH settings too, cause some apps need the "Compatibility max aspect Ratio" set to "Infinite". Otherwise the apps are having ugly black stripes and 2 corners are round. Please brings them back.

I have already mentioned it cause i use many custom apps. Dont think its coming back. Pretty sad about it cause du and pe sgsi roms are the best in terms of performance. I dont really rely on antutu but i got 275k with pe which is the top score i got...

CodeFox

Sep 7, 2014
Manchester
Hey there, i need the PHH settings too, cause some apps need the "Compatibility max aspect Ratio" set to "Infinite". Otherwise the apps are having ugly black stripes and 2 corners are round. Please brings them back.

phh said there was a lineage related commit which prevents this setting from working. So even if I brought back the phh settings to be visible even changing the setting wouldn't change anything. The fix is currently incompatible I'm afraid.

shorty.marten

Dec 15, 2013
Magdeburg
phh said there was a lineage related commit which prevents this setting from working. So even if I brought back the phh settings to be visible even changing the setting wouldn't change anything. The fix is currently incompatible I'm afraid.

His settings worked for for KODi, for example. It is only not working in Pixel experience roms, thats right. But in this rom, it was perfect working, like in phh treble vanilla rom. :good: Where could i download older builds of your Dirty Unicorns rom?

CodeFox

Sep 7, 2014
Manchester
His settings worked for for KODi, for example. It is only not working in Pixel experience roms, thats right. But in this rom, it was perfect working, like in phh treble vanilla rom. :good: Where could i download older builds of your Dirty Unicorns rom?

Latest builds can always be found in our telegram. Link is in the OP. Just posted a new build there today.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fdirtyunicorns.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F08%2Fmaxresdefault-1-1.jpg

Dirty Unicorns Semi GSI for Samsung Devices
    By CodeFox & OpenSauce9810

I'm no longer maintaining this thread, check the note 9 thread here for latest updates

What is this?
    This is a Semi Generic System Image. That means it's a generic system image that's been optimized as much as possible for our Samsung Devices.

How the heck do I flash this?
    It's slightly different than flashing a zip, so here's what you need to do.
    • Download the image file
    • Flash Endurance GSI Kernel in TWRP
    • Flash BRJ6 Vendor
    • Flash the System Image to your System Partition
    • Optional if you want root (but reccomended): Reboot to recovery again then flash your choice of Magisk. I use 17.1 as I can get galaxy wear to work with that version.
    • Reboot your device and you should be good to go! No need to flash gapps as they're included.

• Initial Release

• Updated sources to 9.0 r21 release. (December Security Patch)
    • Gapps included, (dialer and messenger also included so you won't start without a phone or sms app)
    • Bootanimation changed to reduce boot times
    • Tweaks to ambient play ticker so it clears when you clear media notifications
    • Further performance tweaks thanks to @malinathani animations transition smoother now.

• PHH Settings Removed.
    • Dual Speaker permanently integrated, will always persist and no longer needs to be activated.
    • Enhanced brightness ranges permanently integrated.
    • Sync latest DU Sources
    • Potential ratio fix for S9/S9+ Devices.

Screenshots

YQNnhul.jpg

8BmI4CL.jpg

jOf4FqY.png

TlPQqiX.png

2JE3zHi.png

Video Review Thanks to @vmb265
    Click here to view video review

Downloads:
    BRJ6 Vendor
    System Image GDrive
    Endurance Kernel Thread (Use the GSI One)

Support & Feedback
    I'm happy to provide as much support as possible. Through XDA here or you can get in touch with me and the rest of OpenSauce9810 + our community at our Telegram group here

If you're happy with the work I've put into this (endless amounts of hours trying to perfect GSI building) then a simple thanks here or clicking the thanks button below is very appreciated! Donations are always welcome too, I've got electricity bills to pay!

Credits and Thanks
    Dirty Unicorns (The best ROM ever)
    Ivan - Thank you for helping me out every now and then when I'm being stoopid.
    Rainbow_Dash - Pointing me in the right direction with regards to fixing the errors.
    malinathani- For the UI Jank Fix (Used widely in other GSI's now)
    GRaf - best tester
    The guys in telegram as a whole, thank you for the feedback and support.
    phhusson - thank you for your work on project treble.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [sGSI 9.0]Dirty Unicorns[UNOFFICIAL][06.12.2018][S9/S9+/N9], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    CodeFox, Rainbow_Dash, malinathani, Ivanmeler, phhusson, Dirty Unicorns
    Source Code: https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns/android_manifest

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: BRJ6 Vendor

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1
    Stable Release Date: 2018-12-03

Created 2018-12-03
    Last Updated 2018-12-29
    Yeah..... I wish someone would make an android pie rom for the galaxy S9 plus specifically (not you... ehh)

If there was a stable device tree that was able to build device specific ROMs then I would have been happy to do so. We've already been attempting to do so, but they've been too unstable to release. I don't even have an s9 or s9+ but I'm supporting them in my sGSI's for people that do. Some people are so ungrateful.
    Yeah..... I wish someone would make an android pie rom for the galaxy S9 plus specifically (not you... ehh)
    Make your own rom and stfu.

New member on XDA and no respect to devolopers.

You got reportet, I hope your acc will be closed
    New build released. see OP for details.

Latest builds can always be found in our telegram. Link is in the OP. Just posted a new build there today.