[Shamu][2015/NOV/12] SlimLP 5.1.1 beta 0.12 / [2016/MAY/15] Slim6 alpha 0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

johnb380

Jan 25, 2011
Masury, Ohio
As you found out, encryption is optional.

4g is just another label for lte. It will be switched to displaying lte in the future.

Lockscreen will always show emergency (as opposed to aosp where it only shows emergency once you swipe up in secure lockscreen.

Calls should work (maybe due to multirom ?).

JP.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
Hey friend I just flashed your latest slim-aosp MM build and I must say its so freaking fast. I mean I just restored my apps thru play store so these are just my initial impressions but WOW! There is NO lag at all man!
I hope you continue to update this because I am now a Believer!

Thanks a million for all your hard work man!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Yank555

johnb380

Jan 25, 2011
Masury, Ohio
Man this Rom runs good! I can't believe more people aren't using this! Maybe you should make a separate thread for it to get it more attention. Cuz it definitely deserves more attention!
This thing runs better than most of the big name roms around here I can guarantee you that! I've tried them all! And with ARISE sound system it is even better!

Thank you @Yank555 you are awesome!

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
Man this Rom runs good! I can't believe more people aren't using this! Maybe you should make a separate thread for it to get it more attention. Cuz it definitely deserves more attention!
This thing runs better than most of the big name roms around here I can guarantee you that! I've tried them all! And with ARISE sound system it is even better!

Thank you @Yank555 you are awesome!

You running slim6 or slim-yasop? As both run really well slim6 just had no features yet

johnb380

Jan 25, 2011
Masury, Ohio
You running slim6 or slim-yasop? As both run really well slim6 just had no features yet
I'm running Slim-Yaosp and its freaking flawless! Of course I am using Elite kernel with it as it's the only kernel I use that fits all my needs! But the combo of Slim-Yaosp, Elite kernel, and A.R.I.S.E. Sound Exodus 0.8.4.1 is the best my N6 has ran and sounded since I bought it! I am really happy now.

One thing I don't like it the Am or Pm on the lock screen clock. With it on there you cant change the screen dpi to 560 without it cutting off the letters. O well... I just keep it 480 dpi.

Last edited:

slothdabski

Aug 3, 2015
Chicago

4g is just another label for lte. It will be switched to displaying lte in the future.

Lockscreen will always show emergency (as opposed to aosp where it only shows emergency once you swipe up in secure lockscreen.

JP.

Thanks for the response, I switched the install to primary in multirom and it solved the call issue! Thanks for the great build!

harpin14789

Nov 17, 2012
Dallas

JP.
Anybody figure out the issues with verizon being displayed as roaming? I just don't want to incur extra charges. If I change from global to LTE I can't make calls. If these can be fixed, I can move to this flawless rom.

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
Anybody figure out the issues with verizon being displayed as roaming? I just don't want to incur extra charges. If I change from global to LTE I can't make calls. If these can be fixed, I can move to this flawless rom.

Far as I know the roaming indicator was just that an indicator but your not really roaming. Thats what I remember reading in the slim builders thread. I am not a verizon user so cannot confirm and @Yank555 is on vacation till about the 6th or so but may yet chime in.

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
Sony Xperia Pro-I

Far as I know the roaming indicator was just that an indicator but your not really roaming. Thats what I remember reading in the slim builders thread. I am not a verizon user so cannot confirm and @Yank555 is on vacation till about the 6th or so but may yet chime in.

Here I am ;)

Afaik it's nothing but a cosmetical issue, but given I live in Europe, Verizon is but a name to me, and all I can think of is the fact that Verizon must either use a different carrier and the software just needs to consider that 'hidden' backbone carrier as 'home' to not see it as roaming. But this is wild guessing at best.

I hope it'll be addressed in the next update.

JP.

Here I am ;)

Afaik it's nothing but a cosmetical issue, but given I live in Europe, Verizon is but a name to me, and all I can think of is the fact that Verizon must either use a different carrier and the software just needs to consider that 'hidden' backbone carrier as 'home' to not see it as roaming. But this is wild guessing at best.

JP.

@Yank555 Great build, and great work with the source! Question, has anyone tried to build on ubuntu 16.04 yet? I'm trying to compile slim source, and I keep getting a strange error about building on the wrong APIs. I also know I'm not the only one, because some other guys are having issues. Any insight? 16.04, openJDK 7.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Here I am ;)

JP.

I'm pretty sure its because they are a CDMA device. Then again, I wouldn't understand why sprint wouldn't have the same issue as they are CDMA.

I let Alex know about the issue from gzr as the tipsy builds use a slim base and its the same.

If he ends up figuring out what the deal is, I can cross reference the fix to you. I use vzw too, but unfortunately no dev background at all.

Really appreciate the slim builds though, nothing runs like slim

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Hi,

SlimYAOSP v1.20 working just fine!

Only thing that is a small shame: the 5 button limit on the navbar. I dunoo if there's way to change this.

Thanks for the build Yank!

Oh ... would have to check, never needed more than 5 personally ;)

Do remind me in about 2 weeks when I'm back home, if it's not a biggie, I'll up it for you...

JP.

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6

Do remind me in about 2 weeks when I'm back home, if it's not a biggie, I'll up it for you...

JP.

Dont let him fool yu he been promising me lock screen wallpaper for weeks and its even less of a big deal.
lol

Havent busted on him in almost a week about that so had to slip it back in

Droidphilev

JP.

Thank you! The reason for me asking: i use the navbar as a kind of launcher for most used apps. For example on smartbar equiped roms i have 7 buttons on the bar: the 3 standard buttons and 4 apps like mail, phone etc :)

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Dont let him fool yu he been promising me lock screen wallpaper for weeks and its even less of a big deal.
lol

Havent busted on him in almost a week about that so had to slip it back in

LOL

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 5
Just wanted to report the good and bad experiences of the Slim-Yaosp release which is really good.

The Good:
Smoothest scrolling of any ROM I've tried
Fastest loading of images and webpages hands down
Mods so far are excellent and love the 480 dpi

The Bad:
When Wi-Fi calling is set to "Wifi preferred" text messages come in twice (T-Mobile--GSM) // Fixed by setting it to cellular preferred
Lots of rejected touches--doesn't seem to register my presses like the send button in the aosp messaging app

Overall it is beautiful and fast, it just seems to lag in the apps that use the keyboard like it is doing something in the background constantly. Back button for me is the worst offender as I normally have to press twice or more to get it to register. That said, in app scrolling and loading is BEAUTIFUL. I don't know why it is so good here but it is miles better than stock or any custom ROM I've tried. So smooth.

Great release and thank you for letting us give it a spin. It is really good so far and a project I am going to follow closely.

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
Just wanted to report the good and bad experiences of the Slim-Yaosp release which is really good.

The Good:
Smoothest scrolling of any ROM I've tried
Fastest loading of images and webpages hands down
Mods so far are excellent and love the 480 dpi

The Bad:
When Wi-Fi calling is set to "Wifi preferred" text messages come in twice (T-Mobile--GSM) // Fixed by setting it to cellular preferred
Lots of rejected touches--doesn't seem to register my presses like the send button in the aosp messaging app

Overall it is beautiful and fast, it just seems to lag in the apps that use the keyboard like it is doing something in the background constantly. Back button for me is the worst offender as I normally have to press twice or more to get it to register. That said, in app scrolling and loading is BEAUTIFUL. I don't know why it is so good here but it is miles better than stock or any custom ROM I've tried. So smooth.

Great release and thank you for letting us give it a spin. It is really good so far and a project I am going to follow closely.

I just tested wifi calling set to wifi preferred and my texting is working normally. Now that said I have a 5 bars LTE signal in house and am like 5 feet from my wifi router. Usually when you get double messages it is re-sending due to a weak signal aka it doesn't think you received the message.

As far as the touches not noticing that either but will try and pa closer attention

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 5
I just tested wifi calling set to wifi preferred and my texting is working normally. Now that said I have a 5 bars LTE signal in house and am like 5 feet from my wifi router. Usually when you get double messages it is re-sending due to a weak signal aka it doesn't think you received the message.

As far as the touches not noticing that either but will try and pa closer attention

I also had five bars, but I have the cellspot tower in my apartment that allows for full LTE signal based on the internet I have in my house. So basically with Wifi on and the cellspot tower I have the most signal possible but pulling from the same source. That said, it could be the very reason I was getting two text messages but I like to run WiFi when I can because it is much lower power draw than LTE.

As for the touches, it is what it is. It might be kernel but I didn't want to change much about the ROM but I wanted to test it as-is. It could have been a bad flash for that matter, it was just consistent enough that I had to mention it as an issue. I'll try the next release as well and see if I run into the same type of issues. Which are very minor to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

6.0.1 Bringup
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Unofficial builds from @Yank555, with Layers 2.1 support and other features included :

- SlimNavbar
    - SlimPIE
    - SlimRecents
    - SlimHeadsup
    - Chamber of secrets
    - Expanded desktop
    - Global menu
    - NavRing Targets

Changelog and Download links

Please make sure you flash latest official Slim 5.1.x Gapps.

Latest Build 15-04-2015 , this will be the last 5.0.2 Build:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934555593

md5
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934555594

Gapps, use 5.0.x Gapps, not the 5.1
    http://xdaforums.com/slimroms/general/gapps-official-slim-gapps-trds-slimkat-t2792842

SlimLP is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 5.x Lollipop and offers the following original features:
    • Slim Dialer
      • A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features. - We've got you covered.
    • Privacy guard
      • Disable unnecessary permissions set by app developers. - Privacy is part of the experience.
    • Slim Center [WIP]
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticons..etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • Custom Shortcuts [WIP]
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - Customize it the way you like it.

Important links:

slimroms.org - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom for Nexus 6 from here.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [SlimLP] SlimRoms Nexus 6, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    Jubakuba, prbassplayer, Yank555, cordell12
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms/kernel_moto_shamu

ROM OS Version: Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-12-03
    Last Updated 2016-05-15
    Saved Post

Note: Cordell brought the device up and I've done nothing so far. I'll be busy making features and fun for Lollipop soon!
    Update build posted.

Changelog:

- Proximity Speaker (Enable in Dialer > Call Settings)
    - Nav Bar: Configurable Height (Settings > Interface > NavBar)
    - Dark Material Theme: Boot Message Dialog
    - Battery Indicator Optimizations
    - Memory Optimizations
    New build posted

Changelog:

- NEW twistedSLIM Bootanimation! (Huge thanks to @Garrykd)
    - Added Support to retain Root after Dirty Flash* (Thanks @lovejoy777)
    - QuickSettings: Add Tile for Notification Volume Control
    - QuickSettings: Remove 'Invert Colors' Tile
    - QuickSettings: Add long-press support to take you direct to the respective Settings page
    - Status bar notification: Use Material icons for missed calls
    - Super uber mega iper ultra extra png compression - smaller build zip (Thanks to fusionjack and Cl3Kener)
    Like Dark Material Design? Want is through-out system?

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95864024717068645 Dark Material Design

note...This is NOT TRDS, nor will this be merged into Slim, it is something I did for my personal build. The Dark Material Design is a port from XXMrHyde's DarkKat, all cred for the Dark UI belongs to him ;)