Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
I also had five bars, but I have the cellspot tower in my apartment that allows for full LTE signal based on the internet I have in my house. So basically with Wifi on and the cellspot tower I have the most signal possible but pulling from the same source. That said, it could be the very reason I was getting two text messages but I like to run WiFi when I can because it is much lower power draw than LTE.

As for the touches, it is what it is. It might be kernel but I didn't want to change much about the ROM but I wanted to test it as-is. It could have been a bad flash for that matter, it was just consistent enough that I had to mention it as an issue. I'll try the next release as well and see if I run into the same type of issues. Which are very minor to begin with.

Just to be clear I am not by any means saying these issues don't exist. I am simply saying I am unable to duplicate them. I try to help where I can especially when testing things related to wifi calling as yank555 being in Germany has no access to test these features.

liquidreign

Jul 19, 2010
I'm running Slim-Yaosp and its freaking flawless! Of course I am using Elite kernel with it as it's the only kernel I use that fits all my needs! But the combo of Slim-Yaosp, Elite kernel, and A.R.I.S.E. Sound Exodus 0.8.4.1 is the best my N6 has ran and sounded since I bought it! I am really happy now.

One thing I don't like it the Am or Pm on the lock screen clock. With it on there you cant change the screen dpi to 560 without it cutting off the letters. O well... I just keep it 480 dpi.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Go into date and time and choose 24 hour but keep it on standard time and that gets rid of the am/pm but it still stays on standard. Not sure if I explained it clearly.

Last edited:

liquidreign

Jul 19, 2010
Layers

I tried to search but nothing came up I can't get layers to work with Silm-Yaosp 5/22/2016 version

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
Sony Xperia Pro-I
@Yank555

I saw that slim announced they have official builds of 6.0.1 up on their site. Do you know, how different is their alpha build from the one you posted last month? Don't care about eta, just curious if you've had a chance to look at it.

Thanks
Dan

Well it should be close to the Slim6 I last posted, with maybe a few things added in the meantime. June patch should get merged before the WE.

JP.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

franatic08

May 27, 2011
I did a quick check on Slim6 alpha.
Findings:
Browser FC when trying to dl a file.
Photo editor FC upon opening
Got a bootloop after flashing root. (SuperSU 2.46)

Also the search bar in SlimLauncher could use a revamp to the new Google logo and the Nexus notification and ringtones would be much appreciated instead of the aosp ones.

Great to Slim back in the public stages again. I'm hoping it will be on beta/RC track soon, with all Slim goodies added!

Go team!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: rrrrrrredbelly

nathanchance

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jul 22, 2015
Mesa, AZ
nathanchance.dev
I did a quick check on Slim6 alpha.
Findings:
Browser FC when trying to dl a file.
Photo editor FC upon opening
Got a bootloop after flashing root. (SuperSU 2.46)

Also the search bar in SlimLauncher could use a revamp to the new Google logo and the Nexus notification and ringtones would be much appreciated instead of the aosp ones.

Great to Slim back in the public stages again. I'm hoping it will be on beta/RC track soon, with all Slim goodies added!

Go team!
I'd say that flashing a year old SuperSU zip (latest is 2.74) is probably a good reason to bootloop lol.

Reactions: franatic08

Jep56

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis, MO
At the moment slim6 is just an extremely solid base rom with no real features. Once this base is tested more by all of you they will start to add back in features, aka once the base has proven to be rock solid stable as slim users have become accustomed to.

Thanks. How about camera crash? Every newer version of MM, on every ROM, the Camera has crashed. Older Pure Nexus always worked, but the newer version of that is a problem now, too.

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
Android N will be out by then... lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Are you seriously trying to compare a mostly untested rom that google will release in nov with a rom that by then will be tested 5-6 months?

I would much rather have an older tested stable rom then what google first releases. Like Microsoft I wont use a new google os till the first patch level is released. Look at lollipop and what a horrible flop that was and that also went through previews and all. Oh and what spectacular new features do you see in N that you just cannot live without? Or is it simply newer is always better in your mind?

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Thanks. How about camera crash? Every newer version of MM, on every ROM, the Camera has crashed. Older Pure Nexus always worked, but the newer version of that is a problem now, too.

I have never experienced a camera crash on slim or on any other rom. Can you give me a step by step as to how you can make it crash and I will test on my slim6 install?

Jep56

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Are you seriously trying to compare a mostly untested rom that google will release in nov with a rom that by then will be tested 5-6 months?

I would much rather have an older tested stable rom then what google first releases. Like Microsoft I wont use a new google os till the first patch level is released. Look at lollipop and what a horrible flop that was and that also went through previews and all. Oh and what spectacular new features do you see in N that you just cannot live without? Or is it simply newer is always better in your mind?

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

I have never experienced a camera crash on slim or on any other rom. Can you give me a step by step as to how you can make it crash and I will test on my slim6 install?

I take one pic, and the camera freezes, than a message "cannot connect to camera". Then when I open camera again, it's just a black screen. Can't take another pic unless I reboot. Happens every time, on every ROM. Strange! :confused:

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
That would lead me to believe the issue might actually be your hardware, no ?

Camera never has let me down when I used shamu as my daily, first time I hear about such an issue.

JP.

Same here my gf has a 1 year old grand-baby and BELIEVE ME I would catch hell if my camera in still pics and video didn't work perfectly :D

Make sure when testing slim you use slimgapps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

6.0.1 Bringup
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Unofficial builds from @Yank555, with Layers 2.1 support and other features included :

- SlimNavbar
    - SlimPIE
    - SlimRecents
    - SlimHeadsup
    - Chamber of secrets
    - Expanded desktop
    - Global menu
    - NavRing Targets

Changelog and Download links

Please make sure you flash latest official Slim 5.1.x Gapps.

Latest Build 15-04-2015 , this will be the last 5.0.2 Build:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934555593

md5
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934555594

Gapps, use 5.0.x Gapps, not the 5.1
    http://xdaforums.com/slimroms/general/gapps-official-slim-gapps-trds-slimkat-t2792842

SlimLP is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 5.x Lollipop and offers the following original features:
    • Slim Dialer
      • A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features. - We've got you covered.
    • Privacy guard
      • Disable unnecessary permissions set by app developers. - Privacy is part of the experience.
    • Slim Center [WIP]
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticons..etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • Custom Shortcuts [WIP]
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - Customize it the way you like it.

Important links:

slimroms.org - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom for Nexus 6 from here.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [SlimLP] SlimRoms Nexus 6, ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    Jubakuba, prbassplayer, Yank555, cordell12
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms/kernel_moto_shamu

ROM OS Version: Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-12-03
    Last Updated 2016-05-15
    Saved Post

Note: Cordell brought the device up and I've done nothing so far. I'll be busy making features and fun for Lollipop soon!
    Update build posted.

Changelog:

- Proximity Speaker (Enable in Dialer > Call Settings)
    - Nav Bar: Configurable Height (Settings > Interface > NavBar)
    - Dark Material Theme: Boot Message Dialog
    - Battery Indicator Optimizations
    - Memory Optimizations
    New build posted

Changelog:

- NEW twistedSLIM Bootanimation! (Huge thanks to @Garrykd)
    - Added Support to retain Root after Dirty Flash* (Thanks @lovejoy777)
    - QuickSettings: Add Tile for Notification Volume Control
    - QuickSettings: Remove 'Invert Colors' Tile
    - QuickSettings: Add long-press support to take you direct to the respective Settings page
    - Status bar notification: Use Material icons for missed calls
    - Super uber mega iper ultra extra png compression - smaller build zip (Thanks to fusionjack and Cl3Kener)
    Like Dark Material Design? Want is through-out system?

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95864024717068645 Dark Material Design

note...This is NOT TRDS, nor will this be merged into Slim, it is something I did for my personal build. The Dark Material Design is a port from XXMrHyde's DarkKat, all cred for the Dark UI belongs to him ;)