[Share][Translated] [LR.Team] 3.3.0 TWRP Redmi 6 Custom Recovery

Search This thread

seanho12345

Aug 6, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi 6
OnePlus 7T
This is a custom recovery made by LR.Team and I translate the flash tool.
This recovery can automatically decrypt /data partition.
Use the flash tool in the file to flash it.

!!WARN!! Be sure to flash "sign boot" in the advanced menu or you might not be able to boot
(Mount /system,/vendors before flashing magisk or sign boot)
!!WARN!! Flash this recovery on Oreo only.

Link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W4bU1m-s8JSkbvCKwt-vauwqqSQjjnzl/view?usp=sharing
Source:https://www.miui.com/thread-19005924-1-1.html
X8Zxu3q.jpg

HXxwJGE.jpg

**ChangeLogs**
Magisk updated to v19.0
Twrp updated to 3.3.0
Fix system partition mounting problem
mtp not working.(alternative adb pull/push)

Last edited:

ribou

Apr 10, 2010
Versailles
Thank you. It is necessary to do Mount /system/vendors before flashing magisk or sign boot.
Made without problem

Nitin_ahir

Mar 17, 2019
Respected sir

Any custom rom available for redmi 6 device ?

Any working GSI android oreo/pie based

If available rom/gsi Providing link for this

I am waiting for 2 month

Sorry for my bad English

msyibbran

Dec 1, 2014
for anyone has problem flashing magisk but not be able to boot
try this
*install magisk manager first
*boot to recovery and install magisk 18.1
*mount system and vendor
*go sign boot in advaced menu
*reboot and
*enjoy

Reactions: AreYouLoco?

TanRayCz

Jul 16, 2018
Opava
To everyone who have problems with overwriting some system files.. From what i read i think it's something like system-write protection but even if i tried disabling it i still can't modify system at all

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

Is that a 19.0 beta magisk in this recovery? I always got bootlooped no matter what with this version. (Only with this one)

neshipda

Jun 8, 2017
working GSI custom rom for redmi 6

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Respected sir

I am waiting for 2 month

Sorry for my bad English

many gsi, take a look here: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list

ps: but if you want also a phone that calls and receives :) i would go on theese: Aosp9, OctopusOs, Descendant, and Omni.

I think this last one is the best (but not all omnirom worked on my phone, so the best i've used is this:
https://xdaforums.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development/9-0-omnirom-t3901305
With this one you don't even have to edit the /system/build.prop to make calls work as others, this one works as is, and bluetooth worked perfectly in car during calls, the others c roms didn't).
Changed the boot logo... liveboot doesn't work on this rom and sure that boot logo is a detail, but i found a bit embarassing in case of booting with that omni boot logo whithin other people :) but i think that at the moment is the best alternative if you can't live anymore with that bloatware of miui (because if you still think that privacy is still a right at the moment, place a non rooted firewall the first time you connect and see what tries to pass) so for me at the moment omni is the best choice for this phone.

since i've spent a lot of time seeking not a good rom, but any working custom rom for this damned phone, if it can be helpful to someone and you want to install, this is what i did: - hey, i'm not surely an expert as many guru devs of this site, so proceed at your own risk, and probably some things are not necessary but this is what i did to make it work for me:

1 download omnirom, magisk 17.0 (because magisk 19.0 didn't work or gave me problems with most part of the custom rom i've tryed), MagiskManager-v5.9.1.apk and place all in sd phone card or otg

2 boot in twrp recovery (press power until it vibrates and press (keeping presseded) up vol key for 8 secs or since twrp logo appears)

3 with all the custom roms i've installed since now i couldn't find a way to solve data encryption problem without loosing phone calls, so if the twrp can't decrypt data partition, format data and reboot again in recovery:
wipe/format data/yes (you will loose all your data so if you need to backup somthing do it before) /back and reboot in recovery
3a wipe/ advanced wipe / wipe davilk, cache, data (suppose it's not necesary if you have alrady formatted it), system

4 flash magisk 17.0 (don't install magisk 19 (twrp built-in magisk) because in our case (redmi 6) it doesn't root) and reboot to system

5 now when you boot in to system it will start crypting data, be patient and let it go, there will be an horizontal line going on, when you see it hangs don't worry simply reboot (obviously keeping pressed only power button untill it reboots)

6 maybe it will boot alone several times, don't worry be patient and let it reboot the needed times (i think once i've counted 4 or 5 consequent reboots)

7 when you are finaly in omni, install MagiskManager and open it (it will say that magisk is not installed, don't worry, it is), only reboot system again

8 open Magiskmanager again (now you will find magisk installed)

9 grant permission to the apks you need and if you want to change bootlogo i do it here before backupping. there are a lot of nice ones only search here in xda and replace the new one in /system/media/bootanimation.zip (system must be obviously writable to place it or changing permission, and if it doesn't show correclty new logo at boot check permissions/chmod it to 644 and it must go)

10 before than now i was used to use quite only twrp to make full backups, but now since data is encrypted again it's a problem, so since i don't know how to keep pemanently data not encrypted (i mean keeping a phone that still calls and receives :)), i make a system backup with twrp, and a data backup (apks+setting) in the custom rom with titanium.
So after having installed and setted all the apks, i make a titanium backup and copy the titanium_backup_folder in the SD storage.
Then i boot recovery, format data (loosing all setting again), reboot recovery again and make the backup of the modified system.
once i reboot system i restore the setted backupped apks with titanium.
Surely there shall be more simple ways, but this is the only i use at the moment.

i don't have the redmi6 anymore and i think i'll never buy xiaomi again in my life! (think it's better to be the owner of the phone i buy) so i've dropped these memos before forgetting and maybe for someone that was desperate as me :) - ok, it's late so sorry for my english and if something has been helpful for you give me a thank (if there's a way) , tchau :)

Last edited:
Reactions: wtc0der

Nitin_ahir

Mar 17, 2019
Miuipro is available for Redmi 6 only register user

Many people is already downloaded and use it

I request to all those people download this miuipro rom sher with other user

Please sher rom with all users

You can join teligram group for Redmi 6. @redmi6official

Sorry for my bad English

Che0063

Aug 19, 2018
You have BRICKED your phone. You have no way of recovering it without an authorised account or sending it to a Mi service centre. This recovery was for Miui Oreo only, not for pie.

OP should make it CLEAR that TWRP 3.3.0 is ONLY for OREO. DO NOT INSTALL ON PIE. @seanho12345

TWRP 3.3.1 is for PIE ONLY. DO NOT INSTALL ON OREO.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

You have BRICKED your phone. You have no way of recovering it without an authorised account or sending it to a Mi service centre. This recovery was for Miui Oreo only, not for pie.

OP should make it CLEAR that TWRP 3.3.0 is ONLY for OREO. DO NOT INSTALL ON PIE. @seanho12345

TWRP 3.3.1 is for PIE ONLY. DO NOT INSTALL ON OREO.

Jayoo124

Dec 15, 2019
What do you mean by this? :

!!WARN!! Be sure to flash "sign boot" in the advanced menu or you might not be able to boot

eta82

Mar 26, 2009
ThanX ! ! !
Working great.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 6 przy użyciu Tapatalka

eta82

Mar 26, 2009
Hi.
Anyone managed to install on the miui v11.0.2.0 version or miui v11.0.3.0?

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 6 przy użyciu Tapatalka

ahhl

Jul 23, 2007
i just want to report, by following step in thred 1 , i sucessful install twrp. folow th step.
the sign boot is insde twrp.
and
if anyone have error pop up after boot, flash the treble_error_off.zip. i got this from other thread. but cant find which thread anymore.
so i just keep here for future reference
i am on oreo 8.1 when flashing twrp and magisk 18.1

Attachments

• treble_error_off.zip
    90.4 KB · Views: 42

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a custom recovery made by LR.Team and I translate the flash tool.
    This recovery can automatically decrypt /data partition.
    Use the flash tool in the file to flash it.

(Mount /system,/vendors before flashing magisk or sign boot)
    !!WARN!! Flash this recovery on Oreo only.

Link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W4bU1m-s8JSkbvCKwt-vauwqqSQjjnzl/view?usp=sharing
    Source:https://www.miui.com/thread-19005924-1-1.html
    X8Zxu3q.jpg

HXxwJGE.jpg

**ChangeLogs**
    Magisk updated to v19.0
    Twrp updated to 3.3.0
    Fix system partition mounting problem
    mtp not working.(alternative adb pull/push)
    for anyone has problem flashing magisk but not be able to boot
    try this
    *install magisk manager first
    *boot to recovery and install magisk 18.1
    *mount system and vendor
    *go sign boot in advaced menu
    *reboot and
    *enjoy
    working GSI custom rom for redmi 6

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Respected sir

I am waiting for 2 month

Sorry for my bad English

many gsi, take a look here: https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list

ps: but if you want also a phone that calls and receives :) i would go on theese: Aosp9, OctopusOs, Descendant, and Omni.

I think this last one is the best (but not all omnirom worked on my phone, so the best i've used is this:
    https://xdaforums.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development/9-0-omnirom-t3901305
    With this one you don't even have to edit the /system/build.prop to make calls work as others, this one works as is, and bluetooth worked perfectly in car during calls, the others c roms didn't).
    Changed the boot logo... liveboot doesn't work on this rom and sure that boot logo is a detail, but i found a bit embarassing in case of booting with that omni boot logo whithin other people :) but i think that at the moment is the best alternative if you can't live anymore with that bloatware of miui (because if you still think that privacy is still a right at the moment, place a non rooted firewall the first time you connect and see what tries to pass) so for me at the moment omni is the best choice for this phone.

since i've spent a lot of time seeking not a good rom, but any working custom rom for this damned phone, if it can be helpful to someone and you want to install, this is what i did: - hey, i'm not surely an expert as many guru devs of this site, so proceed at your own risk, and probably some things are not necessary but this is what i did to make it work for me:

1 download omnirom, magisk 17.0 (because magisk 19.0 didn't work or gave me problems with most part of the custom rom i've tryed), MagiskManager-v5.9.1.apk and place all in sd phone card or otg

2 boot in twrp recovery (press power until it vibrates and press (keeping presseded) up vol key for 8 secs or since twrp logo appears)

3 with all the custom roms i've installed since now i couldn't find a way to solve data encryption problem without loosing phone calls, so if the twrp can't decrypt data partition, format data and reboot again in recovery:
    wipe/format data/yes (you will loose all your data so if you need to backup somthing do it before) /back and reboot in recovery
    3a wipe/ advanced wipe / wipe davilk, cache, data (suppose it's not necesary if you have alrady formatted it), system

4 flash magisk 17.0 (don't install magisk 19 (twrp built-in magisk) because in our case (redmi 6) it doesn't root) and reboot to system

5 now when you boot in to system it will start crypting data, be patient and let it go, there will be an horizontal line going on, when you see it hangs don't worry simply reboot (obviously keeping pressed only power button untill it reboots)

6 maybe it will boot alone several times, don't worry be patient and let it reboot the needed times (i think once i've counted 4 or 5 consequent reboots)

7 when you are finaly in omni, install MagiskManager and open it (it will say that magisk is not installed, don't worry, it is), only reboot system again

8 open Magiskmanager again (now you will find magisk installed)

9 grant permission to the apks you need and if you want to change bootlogo i do it here before backupping. there are a lot of nice ones only search here in xda and replace the new one in /system/media/bootanimation.zip (system must be obviously writable to place it or changing permission, and if it doesn't show correclty new logo at boot check permissions/chmod it to 644 and it must go)

10 before than now i was used to use quite only twrp to make full backups, but now since data is encrypted again it's a problem, so since i don't know how to keep pemanently data not encrypted (i mean keeping a phone that still calls and receives :)), i make a system backup with twrp, and a data backup (apks+setting) in the custom rom with titanium.
    So after having installed and setted all the apks, i make a titanium backup and copy the titanium_backup_folder in the SD storage.
    Then i boot recovery, format data (loosing all setting again), reboot recovery again and make the backup of the modified system.
    once i reboot system i restore the setted backupped apks with titanium.
    Surely there shall be more simple ways, but this is the only i use at the moment.

i don't have the redmi6 anymore and i think i'll never buy xiaomi again in my life! (think it's better to be the owner of the phone i buy) so i've dropped these memos before forgetting and maybe for someone that was desperate as me :) - ok, it's late so sorry for my english and if something has been helpful for you give me a thank (if there's a way) , tchau :)