General Share your battery life

Search This thread

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
Well, I use the stock EU ROM and I'm currently averaging 6 hours of SOT per day and use NO battery saving features. I'm using 120hz and FHD+. Also, I have 5G disabled since here in the USA in my area it isn't supported. But I get full 4G-LTE coverage. Not sure what you all are doing wrong.
Stock EU? You mean EEA? Xiaomi EU is a custom rom. I 'm a member of a swedish android forum and most members there get poor battery life on Mi 11.

Do you use wifi or lte? I don't think you get great battery life due to MIUI 12.5. Instead, you probably use your phone in a different way than most other people.

People who use LTE instead of wifi seems to get better battery life. Also, screen brightness makes a large difference. People who use their phone in a bright enviroment will have less SOT due to higher screen brightness. Also, watching video will drain the battery less than web browsing etc.

"Besides the inefficient cooling of the Snapdragon 888, one of the reasons for the relatively low endurance is the WLAN modem, because the Xiaomi phone lasts almost twice as long in our continuous video loop with the WLAN disabled."

Reactions: Wahoux

xphyle1971

Apr 25, 2012
Stock EU? You mean EEA? Xiaomi EU is a custom rom. I 'm a member of a swedish android forum and most members there get poor battery life on Mi 11.

Do you use wifi or lte? I don't think you get great battery life due to MIUI 12.5. Instead, you probably use your phone in a different way than most other people.

People who use LTE instead of wifi seems to get better battery life. Also, screen brightness makes a large difference. People who use their phone in a bright enviroment will have less SOT due to higher screen brightness. Also, watching video will drain the battery less than web browsing etc.

"Besides the inefficient cooling of the Snapdragon 888, one of the reasons for the relatively low endurance is the WLAN modem, because the Xiaomi phone lasts almost twice as long in our continuous video loop with the WLAN disabled."

Yes, I'm aware. I'm on 12.0.13 MIUI Global Stable (RKBEUXM). I can assure you that I use my phone similarly to anyone else. I'm on wifi probably 2/3 of the day and use LTE data the other 1/3. I don't game, but I surf the web w Chrome constantly and use TONS of social media. In addition, I watch YouTube, check and send emails, etc. Nothing different than anyone else would use a phone for. I do not use super wallpapers. Instead I use a dark wallpaper which will help to save on battery drain. My brightness is always set to auto and rarely goes below 50% brightness. When I'm out driving in my car or basically anywhere not inside my house it's even brighter. So you see, I haven't even gotten updated to 12.5 yet. According to Xiaomi, MIUI 12.5 is lighter, faster, and more efficient than before. In fact, it uses 20% fewer cores than before with 35% less background memory, and 25% less power consumption. So I expect everything to get even better once it's pushed to Global units. As I said before, I have NO COMPLAINTS.

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
Yes, I'm aware. I'm on 12.0.13 MIUI Global Stable (RKBEUXM). I can assure you that I use my phone similarly to anyone else. I'm on wifi probably 2/3 of the day and use LTE data the other 1/3. I don't game, but I surf the web w Chrome constantly and use TONS of social media. In addition, I watch YouTube, check and send emails, etc. Nothing different than anyone else would use a phone for. I do not use super wallpapers. Instead I use a dark wallpaper which will help to save on battery drain. My brightness is always set to auto and rarely goes below 50% brightness. When I'm out driving in my car or basically anywhere not inside my house it's even brighter. So you see, I haven't even gotten updated to 12.5 yet. According to Xiaomi, MIUI 12.5 is lighter, faster, and more efficient than before. In fact, it uses 20% fewer cores than before with 35% less background memory, and 25% less power consumption. So I expect everything to get even better once it's pushed to Global units. As I said before, I have NO COMPLAINTS.
Sounds like the same use pattern I have (more or less). According to accubattery my phone was consuming 15% per hour when the screen is one. Worse than all phones I have had since Pixel 3 XL. Around 10% per hour is what I got with Redmi K30 and Mi 10T PRO. Mate 20 (non pro) used only 6-7% per hour. But that phone was known for its expectional battery life. I hope Mi 11i will perform better. I would not make too much out of Xiaomis claims about MIUI 12.5. This version of MIUI has already been around for more than half a year for users of Xiaomi EU. I used it on Redmi K30. It is nicer than MIUI 12 but I did not observe any meaningful difference in battery life.

Last edited:
Reactions: xphyle1971

bananainpijama

Apr 24, 2021
Miui 12.0.13 Global. I am ok whit that and maybe i hope after 12.5 will be better.
Anyway, it's better than my previous 2 phones, Note9 with snapdragon and Note10 with Eqinox.
I use superwallpaper, autobrightness, dark theme, 120hz, 5G and LTE about 40% and the rest wi-fi.
LE: I am not a gamer... most of time was whatsapp, telegram, outlook, instagram and 9Gag.

Attachments

• 1620551431051[1088].jpg
    1620551431051[1088].jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 1620551431060[1089].jpg
    1620551431060[1089].jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 114

xphyle1971

Apr 25, 2012
Miui 12.0.13 Global. I am ok whit that and maybe i hope after 12.5 will be better.
Anyway, it's better than my previous 2 phones, Note9 with snapdragon and Note10 with Eqinox.
I use superwallpaper, autobrightness, dark theme, 120hz, 5G and LTE about 40% and the rest wi-fi.
LE: I am not a gamer... most of time was whatsapp, telegram, outlook, instagram and 9Gag.
Yeah, those numbers look very similar to what I'm getting. The Snapdragon 888 just isn't that great when it comes to thermals and longevity. I would probably trade it for a SnapDragon 870 in a heartbeat for the extra battery life!

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
I think this is a nice illustration. We often compare apples to oranges here in the forum when we compare battery life. Within 12-13 hours it is clearly possible to get 6h SOT. I would probably be close to that as well. However, I usually judge SOT within 24 hours were standby battery drain and non sceen acitivities will have a larger impact. Under these circumstances 4-5 hours SOT is what you can expect. for this phone I think. Not super bad, but clearly worse compared to most other phones from Xiaomi, Oneplus and Huawei. Samsung phones (Exynos) more or less always have bad battery life IMO. Mostly because of the heavy standby drain.

peckz

Apr 3, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 11
I swear every day this phone shows a different app on the top that drains the battery (before debloat it was OTHERS at the end of the list)

When I deleted all Xiaomi and google services I got around 1% / hour discharge (which is good, was around 3% before debloat),

- Then a few days later this started to happening
- Can't get over 4hours SOT

No matter if I change between FHD or QHD or 60hz, everytime same

Screenshot_2021-05-09-21-43-17-495_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

kitamurt

Jun 22, 2019
unfortunately, the miui 12.5 update didn't seem to improve battery life as expected, instead it did get worse... really disappointed with this phone... i'm regretting the old mix 3 5g so much...

Wahoux

Jun 22, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 11
When the fnck will Xiaomi fix the HUGE Chrome battery drain issue ? This is crazy, last day, Chrome consumed more than 1 000 mah ! This is unbelievable.
Even when i'm not using it, it still consume lot of battery.
This is issue exist since forever.
Please, help to get this issue fixed and report it in "service and feedback" at the very bottom in settings.

Screenshot_2021-05-10-22-34-49-190_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

marcoshmaciel

Feb 8, 2021
When the fnck will Xiaomi fix the HUGE Chrome battery drain issue ? This is crazy, last day, Chrome consumed more than 1 000 mah ! This is unbelievable.
Even when i'm not using it, it still consume lot of battery.
This is issue exist since forever.
Please, help to get this issue fixed and report it in "service and feedback" at the very bottom in settings.

View attachment 5309107
Install the beta version of chrome. It works for me.

How do you get this battery improvement on your device? 50% in 14 hours is a amazing result if we compare with my battery statistcs.

Last edited:

Wahoux

Jun 22, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 11
Install the beta version of chrome. It works for me.

How do you get this battery improve on your device? 50% in 14 hours is a amazing result if we compare with my battery statistcs.
I will try, thank you

I was using LTE only, no wifi. Seems that this is the wifi modem that drain the battery. And also, i have most of my apps in dark mode, dark wallpaper... And 60hz FHD+

Reactions: marcoshmaciel

qvert

Oct 10, 2008
you can also try brave browser
this fixed the battery drain for me
its also chromium based, you can use at your desktop too
sync from chrome to brave on desktop and than to brave on mobile...

but disable the crypto part, at least i did

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes it supposed to be more battery efficient than the 865 but it isn't , at least for now. maybe they will tweak it in next few months. we will see. But you can do some tweaks also and you should get improvement. I see some people complaining about chrome using a lot of battery so I would uninstall it for the start and use some other browser , I can recommend kiwi with built in ad blocker and dark theme and is super light. But there's many other. Also today I was experimenting with dynamic wallpapers and I saw significant battery drain which was very noticeable so I just put black background. I never went to battery to follow what's going on , my device easily go through the day with normal use. I would say from 7 to 23 my battery goes from 100% to 10 - 30% depending on the use. For me I am very satisfied with the battery life.
    MIUI 12.5 EU 21.3.17
    For all the people complaining about battery life I got 12+ hours of SOT today !
    I have done some battery testing today after applying some more tweaks to the device and I got really good results. Note that it is a rainy day here today and I am on auto brightness.
    AI image engine is turned all off. But it is still on 120Hz and WQHD.
    And I was using device mostly for watching movies, videos from YouTube, Netflix and some 4k movie I had on the device.
    Some of the tweaks that I applied I found here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/XiaomiDeutschland/permalink/1126756584403672
    Thanks @qvert for posting this.
    PS choose your tweaks wisely!
    And an advice on how to have a long healthy life for your battery:
    Charge your phone when it gets down to 10% - 20% up to 80% - 90%
    Use a smaller wattage charger , I use 5w as it doesn't heat up the battery at all. Only use fast charging when you are in need.
    Really disappointed of the battery life. Wasn't the 888 supposed to be more battery efficient than the 865?
    Light usage, not even 6h of SOT with 13% left. With indoor use (low brightness, wifi) , 120hz FHD+.
    Compared to my OnePlus 8T, i can get slightly more than 7h of SOT...

What's your battery life ?

Screenshot_2021-03-13-15-00-52-445_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    From google, why?
    I think that is the problem, try a clean install (install the apps manually). For me solved the problem.
    Before the clean install I had to charge the phone 2 times during the day (with about 3-4h of screen)
    Can you share this battery saving guide , would be interested

I wrote one on my own yesterday
    However it's in German but Google translate might help

There it is