General Share your battery life

Search This thread

demmanmc

Jun 8, 2010
Setif
I am using 120Hz refresh rate, QHD screen resolution, 10 seconds always-on display, and literally every single AI feature Mi 11 offers (with warning of consuming more power).
I also play for several hours everyday, and I'm setting the game's graphics setting to the max it offers.
I also have data, GPS, NFC, Wifi.... on at all times.
I get 4 to 6 hours of screen time, which I think is good

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-26-13-09-31-650_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-26-13-09-31-650_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: flipp0 and pierro78

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
Is there any "consensus" on to what extent the MIUI-version affect battery drain on Mi 11 ? Would it make sense to unlock and flash Xiaomi EU in order to improve battery life? Have flashed Xiaomi EU on many different Xiaomi devices before but since unlocking the bootloader most likley will lower the second hand value of this phone I do not want to do it without a clear gain in battery life.

Wahoux

Jun 22, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 11
Realme GT 2 Pro
Is there any "consensus" on to what extent the MIUI-version affect battery drain on Mi 11 ? Would it make sense to unlock and flash Xiaomi EU in order to improve battery life? Have flashed Xiaomi EU on many different Xiaomi devices before but since unlocking the bootloader most likley will lower the second hand value of this phone I do not want to do it without a clear gain in battery life.
On EU rom, battery life isn't better, same as stock, and google apps are replaced by Xiaomi apps... I don't know why so many people always recommend to flash eu rom whereas it isn't better at all.

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
On EU rom, battery life isn't better, same as stock, and google apps are replaced by Xiaomi apps... I don't know why so many people always recommend to flash eu rom whereas it isn't better at all.
Ok, then it sounds like the high resolution screen and SD888 are to blame for the poor battery life on Mi 11. Switched from Mi 10T Pro to Mi 11 and battery life was much better on Mi 10T Pro. I have lowered the resolution in the settings but screen on time is still mediocre on Mi 11, even with lite use like web browsing. Worst battery life since Mi 9 and Pixel 3 XL. Xiaomi usually have great battery life on their phones. Such as shame! This phone is pretty fantastic in most other ways. The form factor, screen, performance/fluidity and vibration motor are great. Do not regret replacing Mi 10T Pro but better battery life on Mi 11 would be icing on the cake.

kitamurt

Jun 22, 2019
experienced somewhat the same issue of a crazy battery drain, then took a decision. uninstalled all bloatware apps by xiaomi (some of them via adb), set 60hz refresh rate and fhd+ res, all apps that stay opened in background set to be closed immediately, for telegram force-close after 10 minutes, disabled 5g, set also shutdown during night (2.30-7.00 am), no aod, screen shut down after 15s or 30s, low brightness, use firefox instead of chrome as browser, it drains a lot less battery than chrome. with these adjustments, you should gain more battery duration.

xphyle1971

Apr 25, 2012
Ok, then it sounds like the high resolution screen and SD888 are to blame for the poor battery life on Mi 11. Switched from Mi 10T Pro to Mi 11 and battery life was much better on Mi 10T Pro. I have lowered the resolution in the settings but screen on time is still mediocre on Mi 11, even with lite use like web browsing. Worst battery life since Mi 9 and Pixel 3 XL. Xiaomi usually have great battery life on their phones. Such as shame! This phone is pretty fantastic in most other ways. The form factor, screen, performance/fluidity and vibration motor are great. Do not regret replacing Mi 10T Pro but better battery life on Mi 11 would be icing on the cake.
Just wait for MIUI 12.5. Much better battery life and performance.

xphyle1971

Apr 25, 2012
Already sold my Mi 11 and ordered a Mi 11i. Should have a less power hungry screen. Do you really think MIUI 12.5 will make that much of a difference? People who use Xiaomi EU do not get great battery life.

Well, I use the stock EU ROM and I'm currently averaging 6 hours of SOT per day and use NO battery saving features. I'm using 120hz and FHD+. Also, I have 5G disabled since here in the USA in my area it isn't supported. But I get full 4G-LTE coverage. Not sure what you all are doing wrong.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes it supposed to be more battery efficient than the 865 but it isn't , at least for now. maybe they will tweak it in next few months. we will see. But you can do some tweaks also and you should get improvement. I see some people complaining about chrome using a lot of battery so I would uninstall it for the start and use some other browser , I can recommend kiwi with built in ad blocker and dark theme and is super light. But there's many other. Also today I was experimenting with dynamic wallpapers and I saw significant battery drain which was very noticeable so I just put black background. I never went to battery to follow what's going on , my device easily go through the day with normal use. I would say from 7 to 23 my battery goes from 100% to 10 - 30% depending on the use. For me I am very satisfied with the battery life.
    MIUI 12.5 EU 21.3.17
    For all the people complaining about battery life I got 12+ hours of SOT today !
    I have done some battery testing today after applying some more tweaks to the device and I got really good results. Note that it is a rainy day here today and I am on auto brightness.
    AI image engine is turned all off. But it is still on 120Hz and WQHD.
    And I was using device mostly for watching movies, videos from YouTube, Netflix and some 4k movie I had on the device.
    Some of the tweaks that I applied I found here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/XiaomiDeutschland/permalink/1126756584403672
    Thanks @qvert for posting this.
    PS choose your tweaks wisely!
    And an advice on how to have a long healthy life for your battery:
    Charge your phone when it gets down to 10% - 20% up to 80% - 90%
    Use a smaller wattage charger , I use 5w as it doesn't heat up the battery at all. Only use fast charging when you are in need.
    Really disappointed of the battery life. Wasn't the 888 supposed to be more battery efficient than the 865?
    Light usage, not even 6h of SOT with 13% left. With indoor use (low brightness, wifi) , 120hz FHD+.
    Compared to my OnePlus 8T, i can get slightly more than 7h of SOT...

What's your battery life ?

Screenshot_2021-03-13-15-00-52-445_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    I think that is the problem, try a clean install (install the apps manually). For me solved the problem.
    Before the clean install I had to charge the phone 2 times during the day (with about 3-4h of screen)
    PE+, 120Hz &WQHD

36 hours runtime and 6:40 h SOT. normal usage with everything I use, wifi and 4G all the time.

I´m very happy with PE+ it´s really a great improvement compared to MIUI. A complete new phone ;)
    With MIUI I was thinking about a new phone but now I will stay with the MI 11 !