• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

Share Your Best Photos taken with SGS!!

Theflashingdutchman

Jan 7, 2012
Zaanstad
what did u use to make those panoramic pics?
I didn't know at first, but when I looked at the date I searched for sreenshots at the same date and i found this one. As you can see, the background I used is the same as the picture I posted. The screenshot is from 3 days later.

So the camera I used was the stock camera from the official samsung rom. I think it was 2.3.4.

Attachments

klazpt

May 14, 2012
I didn't know at first, but when I looked at the date I searched for sreenshots at the same date and i found this one. As you can see, the background I used is the same as the picture I posted. The screenshot is from 3 days later.

So the camera I used was the stock camera from the official samsung rom. I think it was 2.3.4.
Thank you.

Never thought stock camera could do that. Ive got an ics camera from market and it can take panoramic pics but they become a bit out of foccus as if pics are taken by a funny mirror reflexion. Anyway, nice pics those ones

Oct-Al

Jun 15, 2012
Plymouth
SGS Pictures

A couple of photos which indicate the versatility of the GT-I9000. The close up of the dog-rose has not been processed in any way.

Many photographs will benefit from some degree of image processing (eg, in such apps as Photoshop Elements).

Where adjustment to the precise geolocation is required, then GeoSetter will allow this to be safely carried out - 'direction of view' has been added to the panorama of Burrator Reservoir.

GeoSetter will also allow editing of some of the exif data saved in images: this has been done with Burrator Reservoir.

For panoramas, I prefer to stitch my own on my laptop: if, for some reason, the panorama doesn't turn out too well, the original images remain intact. This allows for editing in those cases where stitching is not easy - as is the case with the moving ripples on the surface of the water in Burrator Reservoir or where ghosting of moving people occurs. It also allows optimization by using different photo-stitching programs; Hugin, for example, offers more control than Microsoft ICE.

Resources (free):
"hugin.sourceforge.net/"
"research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ice/"
"geosetter.de/en/"
:)