General đź‘Ť [SHARED][ROM] [ANDROID 13] [OSS] PULKITS lineage os 20 17.07.23/ checked by myself

Search This thread

nardich

Apr 24, 2021
Good results with vantom kernel.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230304-233259_Lanceur d'applications Pixel.png
    Screenshot_20230304-233259_Lanceur d'applications Pixel.png
    155.6 KB · Views: 63

minax007

Jan 1, 2021
Hi @Laptapper

first of all thanks for sharing the fantastic work from @Pulkit Agarwal !

Do you know the reason why this ROM does not get shared by @Pulkit Agarwal as a development project at XDA-devs?

I am also curious about if LineageOS will ever become official?

The reason why I am asking is because many people would feel more comfortable having an official version as this indicates reliability and security.

fobtob387

Jan 28, 2017
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hi @Laptapper

Do you know the reason why this ROM does not get shared by @Pulkit Agarwal as a development project at XDA-devs?

The reason why I am asking is because many people would feel more comfortable having an official version as this indicates reliability and security.
Majority of ROMs aren't shared on XDA, only on Telegram.

thxjxs

Jun 18, 2022
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hi @Laptapper

the main reason for pulkit not having applied for the official rom maintenance of los sweet is because he prefers to include gapps along with it. Los is usually a vanilla build, completely de-googled, and this would hinder the inclusion of gapps and other subtle features like the included Leica cam which would never make it onto an official Los build (he mentioned it a few times in a telegram channel i believe).

thxjxs

Jun 18, 2022
Redmi Note 10 Pro
i've been using los for more than a couple months now, and the first few months the battery backup was great with sot touching 9 hrs most of the time and the idle drain ranging from 0.4 to 0.8%/h using the kewl-ln8000 kernel. i'd seen the test results by @Laptapper about the performance of the rom with the sleepy kernel, but since the current kernel was performing so well already, i thought i wouldn'y change it (if it works, don't touch it). however for the last 3 weeks or so (smhow i feel, it's after updating from the jan build to the feb build through ota) idle drain has inexplainably gone up to 2+%/h and sot has come down by almost two hours to just touching 7 hrs on a full 100%.

i've tried various kernels since then, except the sleepy (since the last build had some screen flickering issues in some cases and the dev has decided to drop his work on sweet) to no avail.

i was planning on clean flashing the feb build again but since it's a lot of work transfering all the files and whatnot, thought i'd ask here before...

has anyone faced anything like this before? any possible solutions? hunches??

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
i've been using los for more than a couple months now, and the first few months the battery backup was great with sot touching 9 hrs most of the time and the idle drain ranging from 0.4 to 0.8%/h using the kewl-ln8000 kernel. i'd seen the test results by @Laptapper about the performance of the rom with the sleepy kernel, but since the current kernel was performing so well already, i thought i wouldn'y change it (if it works, don't touch it). however for the last 3 weeks or so (smhow i feel, it's after updating from the jan build to the feb build through ota) idle drain has inexplainably gone up to 2+%/h and sot has come down by almost two hours to just touching 7 hrs on a full 100%.

i've tried various kernels since then, except the sleepy (since the last build had some screen flickering issues in some cases and the dev has decided to drop his work on sweet) to no avail.

i was planning on clean flashing the feb build again but since it's a lot of work transfering all the files and whatnot, thought i'd ask here before...

has anyone faced anything like this before? any possible solutions? hunches??

Try out newest aghisna kernel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230308-175509_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20230308-175509_Settings.png
    313.7 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: thxjxs

minax007

Jan 1, 2021
the main reason for pulkit not having applied for the official rom maintenance of los sweet is because he prefers to include gapps along with it. Los is usually a vanilla build, completely de-googled, and this would hinder the inclusion of gapps and other subtle features like the included Leica cam which would never make it onto an official Los build (he mentioned it a few times in a telegram channel i believe).
Hi @thxjxs

Thanks for your answer!

Having LineageOS as an official ROM would lead to higher quality and trust as it is monitored by the LineageOS community.

Using an unofficial LineageOS is risky, as you do not know what the developer included in it.

I have been using official LineageOS on several devices and I can confirm that it is easily possible to flash Google Apps on it and also MIUI camera (via Magisk module).

Furthermore having LineageOS official would enable having LineageOS with MicroG.

MicroG is an alternative to Google Apps and completely open source.

I am favoring LineageOS with MicroG since many years over the proprietary spyware called "Google Apps".

To get a trustworthy and complete open source LineageOS ROM I would highly appreciate if @Pulkit Agarwal would make it official as he already did with Pixel Experience.

Keeping it "unofficial" is somehow suspicious.

Pulkit Agarwal

Dec 15, 2017
Hi @thxjxs

Thanks for your answer!

Having LineageOS as an official ROM would lead to higher quality and trust as it is monitored by the LineageOS community.

Using an unofficial LineageOS is risky, as you do not know what the developer included in it.

I have been using official LineageOS on several devices and I can confirm that it is easily possible to flash Google Apps on it and also MIUI camera (via Magisk module).

Furthermore having LineageOS official would enable having LineageOS with MicroG.

MicroG is an alternative to Google Apps and completely open source.

I am favoring LineageOS with MicroG since many years over the proprietary spyware called "Google Apps".

To get a trustworthy and complete open source LineageOS ROM I would highly appreciate if @Pulkit Agarwal would make it official as he already did with Pixel Experience.

Keeping it "unofficial" is somehow suspicious.
Believe me when I tell you that the version of LineageOS I offer is just as good as the official version, if not better (with additional improvements added on top).

The official version doesn't even pass the safetynet, which mine does.
Additionally, my version has over-the-air updates, just like the official version.
my version is also signed with private keys just like the official version.
It's based on the same source code.

minax007

Jan 1, 2021
Believe me when I tell you that the version of LineageOS I offer is just as good as the official version, if not better (with additional improvements added on top).

The official version doesn't even pass the safetynet, which mine does.
Additionally, my version has over-the-air updates, just like the official version.
my version is also signed with private keys just like the official version.
It's based on the same source code.
Hi @Pulkit Agarwal

thanks for your kind response!

Looking back I can confirm that passing safetynet with official LineageOS I have tested on several devices was never a problem.

Well, sure, it might not come out of the box.

But from security perspective I do not trust any unofficial ROM's.

You are certainly a trustworthy person but I do not know you and so I can't confirm.

From security perspective nobody should be keen on sharing his personal data on an unofficial ROM.

Never.

Looking on the work you are providing to the community I see that you are an outstanding developer.

If I were you I would make it official as this would contribute significantly to your reputation being a developer and would increase the trust of users for your precious work.

Hi @Pulkit Agarwal

thanks for your kind response!

Looking back I can confirm that passing safetynet with official LineageOS I have tested on several devices was never a problem.

Well, sure, it might not come out of the box.

But from security perspective I do not trust any unofficial ROM's.

You are certainly a trustworthy person but I do not know you and so I can't confirm.

From security perspective nobody should be keen on sharing his personal data on an unofficial ROM.

Never.

Looking on the work you are providing to the community I see that you are an outstanding developer.

If I were you I would make it official as this would contribute significantly to your reputation being a developer and would increase the trust of users for your precious work.
Hi mate!
Simple solution: the ROM/build fits to what you're looking for, take it. Otherwise, leave it.

This is a kind request to stop talking the dev into things. We all in this forum made the descision to use custom builds. Whether they're named official or unofficial, it is far from possible to act "private" without someone collecting your data.

I am glad, we have this ROM since it is a jump forward to what miui provides. So thanks to pulkit for his awesome work! Please hang on...

minax007

Jan 1, 2021
Hi mate!
Simple solution: the ROM/build fits to what you're looking for, take it. Otherwise, leave it.

This is a kind request to stop talking the dev into things. We all in this forum made the descision to use custom builds. Whether they're named official or unofficial, it is far from possible to act "private" without someone collecting your data.

I am glad, we have this ROM since it is a jump forward to what miui provides. So thanks to pulkit for his awesome work! Please hang on...
I have no problem with the opinion of people who do not care that much about security.

Also I have no problem with the opinion of people who deny that a notorious developer could put some malicious lines of code and get access to your data.

Believe it or not ... no developer would deny that this is easily possible.

But feel free to use any unoffical custom ROM you favor and continue not worrying to share your personal data.

My intention was to sensitize.

Probably @Pulkit Agarwal appreciates my feedback as any security flaws ... also those he did not include into the code ... could be projected on him.

I have no problem with the opinion of people who do not care that much about security.

Also I have no problem with the opinion of people who deny that a notorious developer could put some malicious lines of code and get access to your data.

Believe it or not ... no developer would deny that this is easily possible.

But feel free to use any unoffical custom ROM you favor and continue not worrying to share your personal data.

My intention was to sensitize.

Probably @Pulkit Agarwal appreciates my feedback as any security flaws ... also those he did not include into the code ... could be projected on him.
And what fact ensures you, that official LOS development is safe? Just go back a few years and look to its history. Clockwork Mod, Cyanogen Mod and so on. The guys behind the scenes are still the same, I assume. Just the product developed...

minax007

Jan 1, 2021
And what fact ensures you, that official LOS development is safe? Just go back a few years and look to its history. Clockwork Mod, Cyanogen Mod and so on. The guys behind the scenes are still the same, I assume. Just the product developed...

I suggest that you should not see things only from your perspective.
Also take a look from the perspective of the developer and towards the developer.

In general nobody should trust his data to a developer who does not care about security and his reputation.

My intention as stated before was to sensitize for security and how the trust level can be increased.

aleMarvel

Jan 22, 2013

I suggest that you should not see things only from your perspective.
Also take a look from the perspective of the developer and towards the developer.

In general nobody should trust his data to a developer who does not care about security and his reputation.

My intention as stated before was to sensitize for security and how the trust level can be increased.
but you wrong... your perspective is totally wrong... ANY (and repeat ANY) CUSTOM ROM could be infected.. official or unofficial no difference...
only producer stock rom are safe...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update Page 21

Update on page 14

Update latest los 20 on page 7

I'm on pulkits android 13 for testing.
    Quiet good!
    Soon you'll get a beta!
    Thanks a lot to @Pulkit Agarwal
    Please donate him, thanks

Update see post
    Post in thread 'đź‘Ť [SHARED][ROM] [ANDROID 13] [OSS] PULKITS lineage os 20 / checked by myself' https://xdaforums.com/t/shared-rom-...os-20-checked-by-myself.4514085/post-87673007

Update
    Post in thread 'đź‘Ť [SHARED][ROM] [ANDROID 13] [OSS] PULKITS lineage os 20 / checked by myself' https://xdaforums.com/t/shared-rom-...os-20-checked-by-myself.4514085/post-87680671

Screenshot_20221103-092154_Google Play Store.png
    Screenshot_20221103-092048_MagSet.png
    Screenshot_20221103-091722_Settings.png

flashing instructions

Flash ofox 12.1_3

Format data with yes

Reboot ofox

Flash fw (right for sweet or sweetin, otherwise hard brick)

Flash ROM

Delete dalvik and caches with ofox

Format data with yes again

Reboot system

Flashing Magisk not until first boot and setup otherwise sometimes problems...
    #LineageOS #Unofficial #OSS #ROM #T #Sweet
    LineageOS 20 - UNOFFICIAL | Once something is a passion, the motivation is there
    Released: 19/02/'23

▪️https://downloads.pulkit077.workers.dev/0:/Downloads/lineage-20.0-20230219-UNOFFICIAL-sweet.zip

▪️

Changelog:
    • Merged Feb Security Patches
    • Synched with latest LineageOS sources as of 18 Feb
    • Fixed SafetyNet issue
    • Added full screen apps option for legacy apps
    • Added more themed icons
    • fixed QR scanner tile
    • Changed AOD refresh rate to 60Hz
    • Adjusted status bar padding
    • Fixed night mode in Leica MiuiCamera
    • Updated kernel binder from 5.10
    • Memory management improvements
    • Updated DPM, IMS, and RIL system blobs from QSSI-05300

Notes:
    • MIUI 13 fw only
    • Gapps Included
    • ROM supports OTA, existing users will get OTA

By Pulkit Agarwal
    Follow @RedmiNote10ProChannel
    Join @RedmiNote10ProDiscussion
    Due to a stupid mistake I had to go back to xiaomi.eu Rom with MIUI 14. This was about 18 hours ago. I was ready to give it a try since I was on LOS when MIUI 14 was published for our Redmi Note 10 Pro and my motivation to setup everything from scratch was near zero.

But guys...I tell you MIUI 14 is bad, it is laggy, the rights management is a total mess. I wasnt even able to sign into xda app, coz the rights management blocked forward directing and I wasnt able to find the settings to allow it. You have to grant notifications for every app itself. Google files wasnt able to install apps from external sources but didnt even prompt to allow it.

All in all. I went back to Pulkits latest LOS 20 build without any issues. Praise this developer for making and keeping our nice phone usable as a daily driver. Thank you so much @Pulkit!
    Google Pay stopped working on my Pulkit Lineage OS for my RN10 Pro. I get a popup that says "Device doesn't meet security requirements. You can't pay with this device. It may be rooted or running uncertified software. Contact your device mfr....etc".

It had been working flawlessly for months. Running LineageOS 20-20231021-Unofficial-sweet.

I posted this problem in the Telegram comments for this ROM twice. Both times my post disappeared.

BTW, my phone isn't rooted. Can anyone recommend a solution?
    Happened to me on Spark.

Solution (for me) as follows:

1. Install a kernel with kernelsu (I'm using zelo, with ksu)
    2. Install Kernelsu app from here -> https://github.com/tiann/KernelSU/releases/download/v0.7.0/KernelSU_v0.7.0_11326-release.apk
    3. Install the following modules in kernelsu app ->https://github.com/Dr-TSNG/ZygiskNext and https://github.com/chiteroman/PlayIntegrityFix
    4. Clear cache and data of the following apps: Google Wallet, Google Play Store and Google play services. GSF (com.google.android.gsf) is recommended as well, but I couldn't find it, so didn't clear it.
    5. Reboot and try to set up again.
    Hope it helps.
    #LineageOS #Unofficial #OSS #ROM #T #Sweet
    LineageOS 20 - UNOFFICIAL | Android 13
    Released: 18/01/'23

▪️https://downloads.pulkit077.workers.dev/0:/Downloads/lineage-20.0-20230118-UNOFFICIAL-sweet.zip

Changelog:
    • Merged Dec & Jan Security Patches
    • Synched with latest LineageOS sources as of 7 Jan
    • Updated Gapps from TQ1A.230105.001
    • Added Sevtinge's Leica Camera
    • Added Google's Extreme Battery Saver
    • Fixed quick pin with 6+ digits in pin
    • Added option to disable ripple effect on fp unlock
    • Added Music Visualizer Pulse
    • Added option to show QS footer daily data usage
    • Added Google's SmartSpace
    • Fixed DS issues
    • Fixed WiFi issues
    • updated vendor blobs from V13.0.9.0.SKFINXM & V13.0.15.0.SKFMIXM

Notes:
    • For LN8000 charging driver flash this separate kernel --> HERE <--
    • Make sure to flash latest firmware available for your region (13.0.9 for IN & 13.0.15 for Global)
    • Gapps Included
    • ROM supports OTA, existing users will get OTA
    • Thanks to @Aryannn999 @captaindexter04 & Stefi

By Pulkit Agarwal
    Follow @RedmiNote10ProChannel
    Join @RedmiNote10ProDiscussion