• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[SHARED] [ROM] Revolution OS

Search This thread

Khotu

Nov 20, 2015
After flash Q I've lost TWRP.. now after flashing whatever version of TWRP I have encryption, and cant decrypt this.. I dont want to wipe whole memory...

hnz101

Sep 20, 2010
After flash Q I've lost TWRP.. now after flashing whatever version of TWRP I have encryption, and cant decrypt this.. I dont want to wipe whole memory...
were you decrypted before?

I can't confirm any issues so far. Just dirty flashed over the latest RevOS Pie release.
  • updated to latest TWRP (twrp-3.3.1-42-cepheus-mauronofrio.img)
  • took an TWRP Backup to OTG
  • flashed RevOS (wipe dalvik/cache)
  • reboot
  • flashed latest magisk (20.1) via TWRP
  • reboot
  • flashed SafetyNetFix via magisk manager (module -> plus symbol -> choose fix-file)

my TWRP didn't get lost and can still decrypt correctly. My Phone was also encrypted before. I don't see a reason to decrypt anyway.

Khotu

Nov 20, 2015
were you decrypted before?

I can't confirm any issues so far. Just dirty flashed over the latest RevOS Pie release.
  • updated to latest TWRP (twrp-3.3.1-42-cepheus-mauronofrio.img)
  • took an TWRP Backup to OTG
  • flashed RevOS (wipe dalvik/cache)
  • reboot
  • flashed latest magisk (20.1) via TWRP
  • reboot
  • flashed SafetyNetFix via magisk manager (module -> plus symbol -> choose fix-file)

my TWRP didn't get lost and can still decrypt correctly. My Phone was also encrypted before. I don't see a reason to decrypt anyway.

Thanks for reply :) I had latest RevOS Pie, and I had encrypted TWRP, just had to draw a lock symbol in TWRP. Now after flashing Q (and completly losing TWRP) I've flashed latest syncabag's TWRP and there is no "draw symbol to decrypt" and I can't see my internal memory files to flash magisk etc. What to do? I don't want to full wipe, and now I think that i can't backup if its encrypted.

Last edited:

hnz101

Sep 20, 2010
Thanks for reply :) I had latest RevOS Pie, and I had encrypted TWRP, just had to draw a lock symbol in TWRP. Now after flashing Q (and completly losing TWRP) I've flashed latest syncabag's TWRP and there is no "draw symbol to decrypt" and I can't see my internal memory files to flash magisk etc. What to do? I don't want to full wipe, and now I think that i can't backup if its encrypted.

The Problem here is probably the unlocking by pattern and not PIN. I use a PIN and don't know if there is actually an TWRP Version with pattern support.

Did you set an additional PIN at some point? Perhaps that one works. Or If I understand correctly your system boots and works and just TWRP won't decrypt?
So perhaps try to change from unlock pattern to pin and if that works you can take a backup and check other options after that.

Khotu

Nov 20, 2015
The Problem here is probably the unlocking by pattern and not PIN. I use a PIN and don't know if there is actually an TWRP Version with pattern support.
that.
I've disabled all pins, fingerprints, faceunlock, and still its encrypted in TWRP :/
On Pie I had TWRP that after launch I had to just make pin pattern and it was decrypted (If I canceled and didn't insert patter, whole TWRP was encrypted like now) but I dont remember what version of TWRP it was :/
Dunno what to do :/ Can't backup, and can't flash anything

rudge79

Feb 16, 2016

What you do not want to do you have to do. Your /data is gone because the encryption key is gone. This is irreversible!

No you have to do a format data. And no you cannot back up the data partition because it's encrypted now.

Sorry, but there is no easy solution. Been there, done that!

1Ton1886

Sep 17, 2019
Which TWRP should I flash in Q? Will I lose my data? Can someone share link (with working encryption and backups)

Flash the latest TWRP 3.3.1-42 Unofficial by mauronofrio. You will not lose your data. It can be downloaded from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-9-t3905825.

I experienced the same problem after upgrading to Android 10 (TWRP did not ask me to enter my decryption key). I then flashed the latest TWRP 3.3.1-42 Unofficial by mauronofrio and the problem is now fixed. Give it a try.

Last edited:

tosonny

Jan 27, 2011
Flash the latest TWRP 3.3.1-42 Unofficial by mauronofrio. You will not lose your data. It can be downloaded from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-9-t3905825.

I experienced the same problem after upgrading to Android 10 (TWRP did not ask me to enter my decryption key). I then flashed the latest TWRP 3.3.1-42 Unofficial by mauronofrio and the problem is now fixed. Give it a try.

As I said. maurinofino rules.

cybul26

Dec 23, 2017
Hi, I have life on battery problem. Idle drain is ok, but if I eg listen music via tidal or read reddit etc battery goes down quickly and battery stats shows that this apps consume most of battery. Do you recommend any kernel for this rom which improve work on battery time?

rudge79

Feb 16, 2016
Hi, I have life on battery problem. Idle drain is ok, but if I eg listen music via tidal or read reddit etc battery goes down quickly and battery stats shows that this apps consume most of battery. Do you recommend any kernel for this rom which improve work on battery time?

As you say it is app related. Nothing to do with rom or kernel. Maybe check your battery health.

Last edited:

DiGiTaT

Aug 15, 2010
I'm on RevOS 9.9.7 (last build with 9.0)

Everything is working great and very smooth. But I have a visual bug with Whatsapp (see Screenshot, Message not showing). Any fix for that? I can't solve it :(

RBaabXb.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I intend to share that there is this custom ROM

https://os.revtechs.me/descargas-miui/

I dont really know much about it. But it's a custom ROM, it's not mine, hence I'm sharing it in discussion/news section

Anyone have experience on this ROM? How's it any different from let's say Xiaomi.eu( which I'm currently running)

Installation guide:
    unlocked bootloader
    - installed Mauronofrio unofficial twrp from fastoboot and command line, found here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-9-t3905825)
    - rebooted on recovery mode, holding volume up and power button
    - Did a full wipe in TWRP and formatted data partition to remove encryption
    - rebooted in recovery mode again, to remount data partition now without encryption.
    - transferred RevolutionOS to internal storage (twrp has its own mtp mode to permit transfer by usb-pc).
    - flashed Revolution.zip, from internal storage
    - wiped system, dalvik and cache.
    - Reboot
    Using this rom for a week now. Great stand-by time, better then eu. And more de-bloated then the eu version
    can you let us know the steps how to install this ROM, I know bootloader should be unlocked but have you installed it by TWRP or MiFlash tool ?, cheers

unlocked bootloader
    - installed Mauronofrio unofficial twrp from fastoboot and command line, found here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-9-t3905825)
    - rebooted on recovery mode, holding volume up and power button
    - Did a full wipe in TWRP and formatted data partition to remove encryption
    - rebooted in recovery mode again, to remount data partition now without encryption.
    - transferred RevolutionOS to internal storage (twrp has its own mtp mode to permit transfer by usb-pc).
    - flashed Revolution.zip, from internal storage
    - wiped dalvik and cache.
    - Reboot
    Questions to ROS:

1| Fingerprint and AI button working?
    2| What's the difference now to global? What is missing? Which features are added?

...in two days I can unlock my bootloader and I have to choose a recovery and a rom.

Edit: Question concerning recovery & rooting. User ChingghisKhan wrote down some instructions in the TWRP-forum since he had a lot of troubles to root his device. Can anyone who is on ROS confirm his instructions or is there anything different if I wanna flash ROS at the end?
    AI Google assistant works for me.
    If miui search comes up then freeze app with TI pro, then you can change AI button in settings.

ROS is pretty much debloated, but still has mi cloud and security, quick ball etc.

I used this how-to but used ROS latest: https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/how-to/guide-how-flashed-twrp-xiaomi-eu-rom-t3912952

I used siankatabg twrp, works fine with encryption.

Basically.
    Fasboot mode, connect phone via USB, type 'fastboot devices' to check connected.
    Then 'fastboot flash recovery twrp.img'.
    Disconnect phone.
    Reboot via vol up + power into twrp.
    Wipe then format data.
    Reboot again into twrp.
    Mount mtp, sideload rom.
    Install ROM.zip
    Reboot system, set up.
    Download latest magisk 19.3
    Reboot recovery install magisk.zip
    Reboot system, profit.