• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[SHARED] [ROM] Revolution OS

Search This thread

David *"**

Dec 9, 2014
I'm on RevOS 9.9.7 (last build with 9.0)

Everything is working great and very smooth. But I have a visual bug with Whatsapp (see Screenshot, Message not showing). Any fix for that? I can't solve it :(

RBaabXb.jpg

Last build with pie is 9.9.21

gmbhneo

Sep 24, 2009
Hey there, just flashed this but after bootign I got this issue. As far as I know it means my device is locked? What do I have to do here? I've tried to unlock it with my number but it was not working.

EDIT: I found it i needed to put in my MIUI password .. so for everyone having this issue, just connect to wifi using the bottom button and then put in your MIUI Accout password on the first one. :)

Attachments

• MK_05997.jpg
    MK_05997.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:

Jppv

Aug 19, 2016
Theme, dark/white mode

Did u try white/dark mode or different theme? I had similar problem on seeing copy-paste texts when copying text from one app to other...

I'm on RevOS 9.9.7 (last build with 9.0)

Everything is working great and very smooth. But I have a visual bug with Whatsapp (see Screenshot, Message not showing). Any fix for that? I can't solve it :(

RBaabXb.jpg

mbc663

Feb 12, 2009
Philadelphia
How's this been running for everyone? Thinking of jumping from 9.9.21, which is Pie, to the Rev Q, any drawbacks? I assume a quiet thread means everyone is happy. I have zero problems and not looking for anything else really but would like some feedback from users who have went to MIUI 11 and what if any of the benefits are. I love this device!

ChingghisKhan

Nov 21, 2015
Frankfurt am Main
The Problem here is probably the unlocking by pattern and not PIN. I use a PIN and don't know if there is actually an TWRP Version with pattern support.

Did you set an additional PIN at some point? Perhaps that one works. Or If I understand correctly your system boots and works and just TWRP won't decrypt?
So perhaps try to change from unlock pattern to pin and if that works you can take a backup and check other options after that.

I use the pattern in TWRP and it works. It should automatically recognize it from the settings in the OS.

informenter-marker-1.png

---------- Post added at 04:16 ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 ----------

How's this been running for everyone? Thinking of jumping from 9.9.21, which is Pie, to the Rev Q, any drawbacks? I assume a quiet thread means everyone is happy. I have zero problems and not looking for anything else really but would like some feedback from users who have went to MIUI 11 and what if any of the benefits are. I love this device!

I will flash it tomorrow and report back the results. I'll take the risk for you
cool.gif

informenter-marker-1.png

Reactions: mbc663

1Ton1886

Sep 17, 2019

Some of my apps no longer work on Android 10. The GLTools app which made it possible for me to permanently display the frame rate of a game in the top right corner of my phone's screen and also allowed me to increase the screen resolution of my games does not work in Android 10. I use to be able to overclock my phone's GPU to 810 MHz using an app called 3C CPU Manager. With Android 10 I can no longer overclock the GPU using the 3C CPU Manager app. Also, some of my games will not work on Android 10, etc.

ChingghisKhan

Nov 21, 2015
Frankfurt am Main

I tried and I can't use any Android 10 on my Mi 9! REASON: De-Bloating soft-bricks the device.
I went back to RevOS Pie and all is fine now.

informenter-marker-1.png

hnz101

Sep 20, 2010
FYI
Flashed the recently released 9.10.31 and was surprised with Widevine L1.
Can someone confirm that this is no coincidence? Didn't checked my Widevine level directly before flashing but last I checked it was L3.

hnz101

Sep 20, 2010
This would be great news! What was your latest base firmware before ROS?

Unfortunately I can't really remember. Some (EU-ROM) Pie release, I flashed as soon I could unlock. :)
But I don't think that this should make any difference except perhaps it's an China device.

xlcashlx

Nov 28, 2016
Dirty flashed new Revolution OS MiUi 11 over latest Revolution OS MiUi 10. Seems good so far. New Widevine L1 is nice, I can see Netflix in the google play store. Also bugs with call volume seem to have gone away.

sigma119

Jun 18, 2014
Dirty flashed also but seems like tiktok stickers are missing in short video mode on camera, when i pick the three dot aka more it goes to Play store page but says not found. Any tips or clues what to do there ?

edit:
Seems like thats chinese tiktok. After installation it takes me to the app, nothing more is that correct behavior ? anyone can confirm ?
the package thats trying to show https://www.coolapk.com/apk/com.ss.android.ugc.aweme

Last edited:

ToneLa

Nov 7, 2013
Can I dirty flash this over eu miui 11?
Is it pre-rooted?

It is not pre rooted.

Did anybody try a dirty flash from ROS-MIUI_MI9_9.9.21_v10-9 to ROS-MIUI_MI9_9.9.21_v10-10,
in other words from pie to q?
If so: Did it work for you? If not: what did'nt?

Thanks for input!

I dirty flashed the newest version (to take it up to Android 10) and lost TWRP and root!

No big deal, was able to put it back with Fastboot, and Magisk

But now I'm experiencing little bugs... one crazy one, I connect to my work wifi and it crashes at the "enter password" page you get to log into the wifi! It reboots to recovery! If I don't see my work wifi login page (and it is fine with my home wifi), it will stay on all night... crazy

So I think I will do it again, non dirty!

Some notes:

- Swift Installer is not working on Android 10, on this ROM.
- However I used Substratum with the Swift Black theme perfectly. Substratum is a bit different now, you need to build each app first, then you MUST reboot, and can only enable when you come back in.

Last edited:

nicky69100

Jul 26, 2017
LYON
new November build is up! I've dirty flashed and everything's running great so far. After some time on aosp roms I came back on revolution os because It's the most stable and debloated rom I've found. Sadly few people seems to try it. Even if I would prefer Aosp roms, I they ain't stable enough so far for me, all of them have some bugs or drawbacks compared to miui.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I intend to share that there is this custom ROM

https://os.revtechs.me/descargas-miui/

I dont really know much about it. But it's a custom ROM, it's not mine, hence I'm sharing it in discussion/news section

Anyone have experience on this ROM? How's it any different from let's say Xiaomi.eu( which I'm currently running)

Installation guide:
    unlocked bootloader
    - installed Mauronofrio unofficial twrp from fastoboot and command line, found here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-9-t3905825)
    - rebooted on recovery mode, holding volume up and power button
    - Did a full wipe in TWRP and formatted data partition to remove encryption
    - rebooted in recovery mode again, to remount data partition now without encryption.
    - transferred RevolutionOS to internal storage (twrp has its own mtp mode to permit transfer by usb-pc).
    - flashed Revolution.zip, from internal storage
    - wiped system, dalvik and cache.
    - Reboot
    Using this rom for a week now. Great stand-by time, better then eu. And more de-bloated then the eu version
    can you let us know the steps how to install this ROM, I know bootloader should be unlocked but have you installed it by TWRP or MiFlash tool ?, cheers

unlocked bootloader
    - installed Mauronofrio unofficial twrp from fastoboot and command line, found here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-9-t3905825)
    - rebooted on recovery mode, holding volume up and power button
    - Did a full wipe in TWRP and formatted data partition to remove encryption
    - rebooted in recovery mode again, to remount data partition now without encryption.
    - transferred RevolutionOS to internal storage (twrp has its own mtp mode to permit transfer by usb-pc).
    - flashed Revolution.zip, from internal storage
    - wiped dalvik and cache.
    - Reboot
    Questions to ROS:

1| Fingerprint and AI button working?
    2| What's the difference now to global? What is missing? Which features are added?

...in two days I can unlock my bootloader and I have to choose a recovery and a rom.

Edit: Question concerning recovery & rooting. User ChingghisKhan wrote down some instructions in the TWRP-forum since he had a lot of troubles to root his device. Can anyone who is on ROS confirm his instructions or is there anything different if I wanna flash ROS at the end?
    AI Google assistant works for me.
    If miui search comes up then freeze app with TI pro, then you can change AI button in settings.

ROS is pretty much debloated, but still has mi cloud and security, quick ball etc.

I used this how-to but used ROS latest: https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/how-to/guide-how-flashed-twrp-xiaomi-eu-rom-t3912952

I used siankatabg twrp, works fine with encryption.

Basically.
    Fasboot mode, connect phone via USB, type 'fastboot devices' to check connected.
    Then 'fastboot flash recovery twrp.img'.
    Disconnect phone.
    Reboot via vol up + power into twrp.
    Wipe then format data.
    Reboot again into twrp.
    Mount mtp, sideload rom.
    Install ROM.zip
    Reboot system, set up.
    Download latest magisk 19.3
    Reboot recovery install magisk.zip
    Reboot system, profit.