• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SHARED] [ROM] Revolution OS

Search This thread

rudge79

Feb 16, 2016
Does revos 12.24 support widevine L1? In other words - does it allow HD streaming via the Netflix app?

Widevine L1 yes. Netflix, I do not know. That depends on Netflix. They approve individual devices for their services.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Didn't install any gapps, never done with revos. I just thought it wasn't needed because everything works. Should i install any specific version?
Btw, if i delete cache for Google app and then i record enroll "ok google" again, it works for a little time only. Strange issue, I'm not able to solve.
Also, all permissions given.
Thank you for any advice...

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Install Gapps Aroma.

Reactions: crazybill

rudge79

Feb 16, 2016
Didn't install any gapps, never done with revos. I just thought it wasn't needed because everything works. Should i install any specific version?
Btw, if i delete cache for Google app and then i record enroll "ok google" again, it works for a little time only. Strange issue, I'm not able to solve.
Also, all permissions given.
Thank you for any advice...

I'm sorry, you are right. No need to install Gapps it's already in this ROM. It should work out of the box. You only need to activate Google Assistant I think. I must say I never use ok Google.

adario73

Jun 16, 2011
I'm sorry, you are right. No need to install Gapps it's already in this ROM. It should work out of the box. You only need to activate Google Assistant I think. I must say I never use ok Google.
Ok google is useful for me while driving my car because i can ask it to read and write messages, ooen maps to a specific address etc. Ok google works for a few minutes after instructing it with my voice or after deleting app's cache. Thank you anyway.

rudge79

Feb 16, 2016
Ok google is useful for me while driving my car because i can ask it to read and write messages, ooen maps to a specific address etc. Ok google works for a few minutes after instructing it with my voice or after deleting app's cache. Thank you anyway.

You can try to install the ROS rom again. It isn't bad to do that and you don't lose anything. That's the last option I can think of.

[email protected]

May 19, 2012
Cairo
It happens even when I try to register the fingerprint.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-29-15-59-46-777_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-29-15-59-46-777_com.android.settings.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 205

hfaz63

Feb 29, 2012
Shiraz
I installed the latest version but this rom is broken...Bluetooth does not recieve any file due to storage issue...google play does not download any apps....seems to me the permissions are totally broken on the rom..

tosonny

Jan 27, 2011
I installed the latest version but this rom is broken...Bluetooth does not recieve any file due to storage issue...google play does not download any apps....seems to me the permissions are totally broken on the rom..

How can you say such stupid things. Think a bit...if this would be a rom issue there would be tons of complaints. It works very well. That's an issue of your installation / flash procedure...that's it.

Reactions: robotzki

Jppv

Aug 19, 2016

I have had older version of this rom for 6 months on my Mi9 and it is one of the best roms I ever had. Everything works well, batteru lasts, etc. Dont know what is wrong with your setup/installation, but ROS is solid.
If the rom would be bad/broken, there would be lots of complains about it...

hfaz63

Feb 29, 2012
Shiraz
How can you say such stupid things. Think a bit...if this would be a rom issue there would be tons of complaints. It works very well. That's an issue of your installation / flash procedure...that's it.

I have had older version of this rom for 6 months on my Mi9 and it is one of the best roms I ever had. Everything works well, batteru lasts, etc. Dont know what is wrong with your setup/installation, but ROS is solid.
If the rom would be bad/broken, there would be lots of complains about it...

I spent the whole day trying and talked to them on their English Telegram group but ultimately it was futile as the ROM would not work as expected for me :(:(

tosonny

Jan 27, 2011
I spent the whole day trying and talked to them on their English Telegram group but ultimately it was futile as the ROM would not work as expected for me :(:(

Maybe you think a little bit about what your posting up means for many others who are only in this thread? A misinformation, because the rom works perfectly. If you have troubles, announce the circumstances, that, if I remember correctly, you didn't format your phone the first time, maybe it was because of the Chinese version of the hardware, that it is a specific problem of YOUR phone is and not a general rom problem. It is no wonder that those in the Telegram Chat are not very happy with users who do not read / follow the clear instructions first and then express themselves in this way. They would rather "go to another rom" than bite into it and help for hours. They are very restrictive.

I did with (TWRP 3.3.1-52 Unofficial by mauronofrio):
1) format the phone
2) flashed the rom
3) rebooted once and did some minimal setup
4) rebooted in recovery and flashed magisk

...I have never ever flashed this DFE-stuff (don´t know why it is not needed ...because it is recommended). And all works.

Reactions: hfaz63 and rudge79

rudge79

Feb 16, 2016

Give me one hour with your phone and it is fixed if it ain't hardware related.

I would format each /data /system partition. I start with formatting it again with ext4 fs. Flash TWRP from Maurino version 52 and start all over again with the correct procedure.

Many errors are caused by conflicts in vendor or firmware from previous Miui roms. Rebooting several times is also recommended. And do not flash everything at once.

Also some people still believe that 'wipe' is the same thing as 'format'. Well it ain't.

This rom is close to perfect. Believe me I have flashed a lot of other roms around.

Last edited:
Reactions: hfaz63

rudge79

Feb 16, 2016
I clean installed latest Stable Rom but I can't get Gpay to work anymore.
I even uninstalled Magisk. Maybe it's something in the rom.

Working just fine! Nothing to do with the rom. Install safety patch for magisk, use magisk canary and activate magisk hide for Gpay.

Attachments

• IMG_20191231_135800.jpg
    IMG_20191231_135800.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 259

AdLion

Nov 17, 2015

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-31-17-39-44-005_com.DNQPRk1.CGMQZ9wq.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-31-17-39-44-005_com.DNQPRk1.CGMQZ9wq.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_2019-12-31-17-39-03-768_com.DNQPRk1.CGMQZ9wq.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-31-17-39-03-768_com.DNQPRk1.CGMQZ9wq.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_2019-12-31-17-40-57-262_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-31-17-40-57-262_com.google.android.gms.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I intend to share that there is this custom ROM

https://os.revtechs.me/descargas-miui/

I dont really know much about it. But it's a custom ROM, it's not mine, hence I'm sharing it in discussion/news section

Anyone have experience on this ROM? How's it any different from let's say Xiaomi.eu( which I'm currently running)

Installation guide:
    unlocked bootloader
    - installed Mauronofrio unofficial twrp from fastoboot and command line, found here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-9-t3905825)
    - rebooted on recovery mode, holding volume up and power button
    - Did a full wipe in TWRP and formatted data partition to remove encryption
    - rebooted in recovery mode again, to remount data partition now without encryption.
    - transferred RevolutionOS to internal storage (twrp has its own mtp mode to permit transfer by usb-pc).
    - flashed Revolution.zip, from internal storage
    - wiped system, dalvik and cache.
    - Reboot
    Using this rom for a week now. Great stand-by time, better then eu. And more de-bloated then the eu version
    can you let us know the steps how to install this ROM, I know bootloader should be unlocked but have you installed it by TWRP or MiFlash tool ?, cheers

unlocked bootloader
    - installed Mauronofrio unofficial twrp from fastoboot and command line, found here (https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-9-t3905825)
    - rebooted on recovery mode, holding volume up and power button
    - Did a full wipe in TWRP and formatted data partition to remove encryption
    - rebooted in recovery mode again, to remount data partition now without encryption.
    - transferred RevolutionOS to internal storage (twrp has its own mtp mode to permit transfer by usb-pc).
    - flashed Revolution.zip, from internal storage
    - wiped dalvik and cache.
    - Reboot
    Questions to ROS:

1| Fingerprint and AI button working?
    2| What's the difference now to global? What is missing? Which features are added?

...in two days I can unlock my bootloader and I have to choose a recovery and a rom.

Edit: Question concerning recovery & rooting. User ChingghisKhan wrote down some instructions in the TWRP-forum since he had a lot of troubles to root his device. Can anyone who is on ROS confirm his instructions or is there anything different if I wanna flash ROS at the end?
    AI Google assistant works for me.
    If miui search comes up then freeze app with TI pro, then you can change AI button in settings.

ROS is pretty much debloated, but still has mi cloud and security, quick ball etc.

I used this how-to but used ROS latest: https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/how-to/guide-how-flashed-twrp-xiaomi-eu-rom-t3912952

I used siankatabg twrp, works fine with encryption.

Basically.
    Fasboot mode, connect phone via USB, type 'fastboot devices' to check connected.
    Then 'fastboot flash recovery twrp.img'.
    Disconnect phone.
    Reboot via vol up + power into twrp.
    Wipe then format data.
    Reboot again into twrp.
    Mount mtp, sideload rom.
    Install ROM.zip
    Reboot system, set up.
    Download latest magisk 19.3
    Reboot recovery install magisk.zip
    Reboot system, profit.