[SHARED] [ROM] Revolution OS

Search This thread

adario73

Jun 16, 2011
How long did the update take when you updated? I used TWRP to install the latest Revolution Rom android 10 update for Mi 9 and 20 minutes has gone by so far and my phone is still updating. I am updating from the latest Revolution Rom android Pie update.

EDIT: Looks like I am going to have to do a clean install.
I dirty flashed over eu 9.27 V3 ( Android Q).
It took a few minute as usual.
I hope everything ok for you now.

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

1Ton1886

Sep 17, 2019
I dirty flashed over eu 9.27 V3 ( Android Q).
It took a few minute as usual.
I hope everything ok for you now.

Inviato dal mio MI 9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes, everything is working perfectly now. I managed to install the Revolution Rom android 10 version on my Xiaomi Mi 9 phone. I had to boot in to TWRP and format my phone's data. I backed up all my apps to my google account and PC before I installed the latest Revolution Rom android 10 version, so all I had to do after the installation was finished was to log in to my Google account and then all my apps were automatically re-downloaded to my phone. I also had to update TWRP to the latest version (TWRP 3.3.1-42) to fix the problem I was having with TWRP not asking me for my decryption password.

Last edited:

ap20001

Sep 22, 2008
Yes, everything is working perfectly now. I managed to install the Revolution Rom android 10 version on my Xiaomi Mi 9 phone. I had to boot in to TWRP and format my phone's data. I backed up all my apps to my google account and PC before I installed the latest Revolution Rom android 10 version, so all I had to do after the installation was finished was to log in to my Google account and then all my apps were automatically re-downloaded to my phone. I also had to update TWRP to the latest version (TWRP 3.3.1-42) to fix the problem I was having with TWRP not asking me for my decryption password.

Hi is your phone encrypted after this install? Mine is not encrypted after last version. Which cause me in trouble install Microsoft intune company.

derKoder

Jan 6, 2018

what twrp r u using? LR ?

1Ton1886

Sep 17, 2019
Hi is your phone encrypted after this install? Mine is not encrypted after last version. Which cause me in trouble install Microsoft intune company.

Yes, my Xiaomi Mi 9 phone is encrypted after I installed the latest Revolution Rom android 10 version on it. But in Magisk Manager I can not pass the SafetyNet Check for ctsProfile.

Last edited:

tazmako

Nov 24, 2010
Lampang
So you think, but have nothing to back up your claim about?
Such a helpful comment.

Rev OS has always been extremely stable for me! Not sure what you're talking about mate...
My bad I mean if someone want to use like beta rom update all week go ros

if someone want stable version 2-3month have update go to eu

I not mean ros not stable

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

1Ton1886

Sep 17, 2019
upgrade to Magisk 20 and SafetyNet pass

I am running the latest version of Magisk Root and the latest version of the Magisk Manager app and I still can not pass the SafetyNet Check for ctsProfile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-13-10-33-16-781_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-10-13-10-33-16-781_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 183

rudge79

Feb 16, 2016
Google Pixel 7
I am running the latest version of Magisk Root and the latest version of the Magisk Manager app and I still can not pass the SafetyNet Check for ctsProfile.

There is a fix for this problem made by dev Hackintosh5. Download and install the zip file with TWRP:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/revolutionos-miui/files/common/SafetyPatch-v3.zip/download

If that doesn't work there is always the Magisk module MagiskHide Props Config. Read the instructions and choose a certified fingerprint from the list.

So get on it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1Ton1886

1Ton1886

Sep 17, 2019
There is a fix for this problem made by the dev. Download and install the zip file with TWRP:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/revolutionos-miui/files/common/SafetyPatch-v3.zip/download

If that doesn't work there is always the Magisk module MagiskHide Props Config. Read the instructions and choose a certified fingerprint from the list.

So get on it!

I flashed the SafetyPatch-v3.zip in TWRP and now everything is working perfectly. I have passed both SafetyNet checks. Thanks.

robotzki

Mar 27, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
I have a Tronsmart Bluetooth speaker. After latest update (clean install), my phone cannot find the speaker anymore. Other Bluetooth devices that I've tried work fine and I can also find Bluetooth speaker from other phones... Anyone else having Bluetooth issues?

Khotu

Nov 20, 2015
Which TWRP should I flash in Q? Will I lose my data? Can someone share link (with working encryption and backups)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I intend to share that there is this custom ROM

https://os.revtechs.me/descargas-miui/

I dont really know much about it. But it's a custom ROM, it's not mine, hence I'm sharing it in discussion/news section

Anyone have experience on this ROM? How's it any different from let's say Xiaomi.eu( which I'm currently running)

Installation guide:
    unlocked bootloader
    - installed Mauronofrio unofficial twrp from fastoboot and command line, found here (https://xdaforums.com/Mi-9/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-9-t3905825)
    - rebooted on recovery mode, holding volume up and power button
    - Did a full wipe in TWRP and formatted data partition to remove encryption
    - rebooted in recovery mode again, to remount data partition now without encryption.
    - transferred RevolutionOS to internal storage (twrp has its own mtp mode to permit transfer by usb-pc).
    - flashed Revolution.zip, from internal storage
    - wiped system, dalvik and cache.
    - Reboot
    Using this rom for a week now. Great stand-by time, better then eu. And more de-bloated then the eu version
    can you let us know the steps how to install this ROM, I know bootloader should be unlocked but have you installed it by TWRP or MiFlash tool ?, cheers

unlocked bootloader
    - installed Mauronofrio unofficial twrp from fastoboot and command line, found here (https://xdaforums.com/Mi-9/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-9-t3905825)
    - rebooted on recovery mode, holding volume up and power button
    - Did a full wipe in TWRP and formatted data partition to remove encryption
    - rebooted in recovery mode again, to remount data partition now without encryption.
    - transferred RevolutionOS to internal storage (twrp has its own mtp mode to permit transfer by usb-pc).
    - flashed Revolution.zip, from internal storage
    - wiped dalvik and cache.
    - Reboot
    Questions to ROS:

1| Fingerprint and AI button working?
    2| What's the difference now to global? What is missing? Which features are added?

...in two days I can unlock my bootloader and I have to choose a recovery and a rom.

Edit: Question concerning recovery & rooting. User ChingghisKhan wrote down some instructions in the TWRP-forum since he had a lot of troubles to root his device. Can anyone who is on ROS confirm his instructions or is there anything different if I wanna flash ROS at the end?
    AI Google assistant works for me.
    If miui search comes up then freeze app with TI pro, then you can change AI button in settings.

ROS is pretty much debloated, but still has mi cloud and security, quick ball etc.

I used this how-to but used ROS latest: https://xdaforums.com/Mi-9/how-to/guide-how-flashed-twrp-xiaomi-eu-rom-t3912952

I used siankatabg twrp, works fine with encryption.

Basically.
    Fasboot mode, connect phone via USB, type 'fastboot devices' to check connected.
    Then 'fastboot flash recovery twrp.img'.
    Disconnect phone.
    Reboot via vol up + power into twrp.
    Wipe then format data.
    Reboot again into twrp.
    Mount mtp, sideload rom.
    Install ROM.zip
    Reboot system, set up.
    Download latest magisk 19.3
    Reboot recovery install magisk.zip
    Reboot system, profit.