General [SHARED] [UNOFFICIAL][A12/A13] TWRP 3.7.0 for Redmi Note 11 (spes/spesn)

Search This thread

NeoSDAP

Well, I found this in a Telegram group (which I know I can't share the link) and when performing all possible tests, it works perfectly with my 4/128 spes.

And as we would all say, I am not responsible for any damage and loss of data caused to your device. I only share the information "as is" and the tests performed by myself on my personal device. Everything is at your own risk.

So, let's start with the post:

New Developer on this version:
@jabieff

Previous Developer

@dblenk9 - Telegram

2022/11/06 Update Changelog:
  • Synced latest TWRP 12.1 source
  • Fixed Android 13 ROM flashing issue (source side)

Changelog in the previous version by @dblenk9
  • Sync with latest TWRP
  • Update kernel to MIUI V13.0.4.0.SGCMIXM
  • Update blobs to MIUI V13.0.4.0.SGCMIXM
  • MTP fixed
  • Decrypt works

Features I tried and didn't have any problems
  • Flashing and decrypt data from A13 ROMs
  • Flashing and decrypt data from A12.1(A12L) ROMs
  • Flashing and decrypt data from MIUI-based ROMs (custom and Stock) with A12
  • Flashing Magisk
  • MTP fully functional
  • ADB sideload
  • Install recovery ramdisk and "Flash current TWRP" from Advanced menu

DO NOT USE WITH ANDROID 11 ROMS!!!

Bugs I've found so far
  • If you perform a format data, the internal memory will not be recognized in MTP mode of TWRP, which will not be displayed in Windows file explorer
    SOLUTION:
    Boot into the OS at least once so that the internal memory is rebuilt and made available again in MTP mode

• Sometimes, when checking the option "Automatically reflash TWRP after installing the ROM", it does nothing when it finishes installing the ROM
    SOLUTION:
    The option seems to be somewhat bugged, so before restarting always reinstall TWRP with the methods that I will explain below

• When flashing some ROMs, "Failed to mount *partition*" errors come out when you finish installing
    SOLUTION:
    In some ROMs you may get errors when mounting some partitions, commonly "system_ext", "product" and "vendor".

If the installation process ended without any problem and without showing any error code, that's fine, you can restart without problems, This bug has been in all unofficial TWRP for this device

Steps to install

Make sure you have the bootloader unlocked before you start. There are many guides on the internet for that.
Tutorial for Windows only because zero knowledge for Mac and Linux

From PC:

1. Download the latest platform-tools from the Android developer site and extract the zip in an easily accessible folder

2. Download the TWRP image file from here, or from the post attachments
    SHA256: 8F25AC88628E6D7BC5E29D8572CF4ACA3499B7D626685654B3C4548323B8D591

3. Restart your device to fastboot mode
    Method 1:
    Using this adb command if you have USB debugging active on your device
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Method 2:
    -
    Turn off your device
    - After it has completely turned off, press and hold Vol - and the Power button at the same time until the word "FASTBOOT" with orange letters comes out

Method 3:
    - Turn off yout device
    - Press and hold Vol - button
    - Connect the USB cable (previously connected to the PC) to the device and press and hold the button until the word "FASTBOOT" with orange letters comes out

4. Connect your device to the PC

5. Open a cmd window in the folder where you extracted the binaries from the zip from step 1
    Easy method: Open the folder, and without leaving it, type "cmd" in the address bar of the file explorer and press enter. Command promt will open a window directly in the folder location

6. Verify that your device is recognized by fastboot using this command
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    If your device has been detected (a serial number followed by the word fastboot), you can continue. Otherwise, check if the drivers are installed correctly, although if you used Mi Unlock and were able to unlock the device correctly on the PC you are using, you should not have problems with that.

- Because this device uses A/B partitions, there is no recovery partition as such, but it is integrated into the "boot" partition. So, first we must boot using the TWRP image.

7. Type this command in the cmd window, but don't press Enter yet, just type it and leave a space at the end
    Code:
    fastboot boot_
    Don't write the "_". This only indicates the space you should leave at the end.
    This is how it should look when you write it:

fastboot boot

8. Now, drag the image file (twrp-3.7.0.img) to the command window and drop it above the window. This will make you copy your exact location for convenience.

- The result should be this:

9. Code:
    fastboot boot "C:\location\to\your\file\twrp-3.7.0.img"

Quotation marks are only added if the entire location has spaces.
    Otherwise, it is displayed without quotation marks.

10. Press Enter and wait a few seconds. The MI logo will come out, and then the TWRP logo.

DONE! You've started perfectly in TWRP

From the device
NOTE: Only use these steps if you want to have TWRP installed semi-permanently

I said "semi-permanent" because when flashing any ROM, and knowing that the "recovery" is integrated into the "boot" partition, it will be lost after leaving TWRP, so you can follow these steps if you want to avoid loss of TWRP.

If you have easy access to a PC, you can be fine with the boot method. If you don't have easy access to a PC, you can follow these steps.

Method 1
  1. While in the TWRP menu, tap the Advanced button

2. Now tap on the option "Flash current TWRP"

3. "Swipe to confirm" and the TWRP installation process will begin
Method 2

2. Copy the TWRP image file to the internal memory or SD card from the PC. MTP mode is enabled by default
    You can use a USB OTG too

3. Now tap on the option "Install recovery ramdisk"

4. Now locate the file and tap on it.
    You can use the "Select storage" button to switch between different storages

5. "Swipe to confirm" and the TWRP installation process will begin
Method 3
  1. While in the TWRP menu, tap the Install button

2. Copy the TWRP image file to the internal memory or SD card from the PC. MTP mode is enabled by default.

3. Tap on the option "Install image"

You can use the "Select storage" button to switch between different storage

5. In the new menu, select "Install recovery ramdisk" and then "Swipe to confirm Flash"
Remember that with the three methods mentioned above you will lose root access (Magisk), so do not forget to flash it again. These steps are also valid to update TWRP if you already had it previously installed.

Conclusion
I did everything I could but I couldn't find the source code for this TWRP, so I'm sorry for that.

Attachments

• twrp-3.7.0.img
    96 MB · Views: 20,292
Last edited:

NeoSDAP

05/05/2023

11/11/2022
- Reverted to previous version as @jabieff TWRP is unable to flash MIUI ROMs due to dynamic partitioning error.

07/11/2022
- Updated to latest TWRP and new developer

19-10-2022

Last edited:
Reactions: aing666 and Walden0

essor-13

Aug 29, 2016
Marseille
Hello and thanks for this tutorial. I tried it on my new red minote 11 and unlike on 3.6.1 TWRP my pin code can't unlock encryption.
It returns :
Code:
Failed to decrypt user 0
Is there a way to solve yhis issue ?

Rom version : MUI global 13013 Stable RGKEUXM
Android version: 11 RKQ1.211001.001

Thanks !

Last edited:

jtrakx

Apr 22, 2013
Hello and thanks for this tutorial. I tried it on my new red minote 11 and unlike on 3.6.1 TWRP my pin code can't unlock encryption.
It returns :
Code:
Failed to decrypt user 0

Thanks !
I think this version of TWRP works only with MIUI13 A12. You're on A11 version of MIUI13.

Reactions: essor-13

NeoSDAP

It returns :
Code:
Failed to decrypt user 0

Thanks !
This recovery is not compatible with Android 11 ROMs. If you need one for A11 specifically, use version 3.6.1

essor-13

Aug 29, 2016
Marseille
This recovery is not compatible with Android 11 ROMs. If you need one for A11 specifically, use version 3.6.1
Thanks for the answer. I'm a bit confused about this (I'm really not an expert, far from that). My previous phone was a antic galaxy S7 that passed awaysome days ago. With that phone (at the end I was on LOS 19 I think) there was no encryption issue, I installed the TWRP on a Oreo android version ans I never had android version compatibility issues (let say that is TWRP version x was compatible with android version y is was also compatible with android version y-1). It seems to be different with my new redmi note 11.

I also had a backup / restore issue (TWRP 3.6.1) : I did enter the TWRP by unlocking with my pin code, did the backup (data, system and also data+system in case of) and I wanted to restore the data backup (I tried to debloat the ROM via adb but I made some mistakes so I decided to restore the backup data + system) and the TWRP showed a warning : "pin must be desactivated before restoring". I tried to ignore the message (I made enough mistakes to be enable to reach the phone's login), the restore operation failed with an "error 255". So I reconfigured the phone, desactivated the login pin, went to TWRP, made the restore (no pin warning) but hen the phone didn't boot correctly (hanged 15 min on the MI startup logo with the three dots on the bottom, but nothing else happens).

I obviously did the backup / restore operation the wrong way. On my S7 it was very easy : I make a full backup, data+system, then I restore it when needed, and no issue at all). So What is the correct way to backup / restore a full system + data with TWRP without having to do a factory reset and then try to restore Titanium backup (which cannot restore correctly all the apps, some need to be resintalled). This solution works, but it is much longer and annoying than restoring a TWRP/nandroid backup.

Thanks !

NeoSDAP

Thanks for the answer. I'm a bit confused about this (I'm really not an expert, far from that). My previous phone was a antic galaxy S7 that passed awaysome days ago. With that phone (at the end I was on LOS 19 I think) there was no encryption issue, I installed the TWRP on a Oreo android version ans I never had android version compatibility issues (let say that is TWRP version x was compatible with android version y is was also compatible with android version y-1). It seems to be different with my new redmi note 11.

I also had a backup / restore issue (TWRP 3.6.1) : I did enter the TWRP by unlocking with my pin code, did the backup (data, system and also data+system in case of) and I wanted to restore the data backup (I tried to debloat the ROM via adb but I made some mistakes so I decided to restore the backup data + system) and the TWRP showed a warning : "pin must be desactivated before restoring". I tried to ignore the message (I made enough mistakes to be enable to reach the phone's login), the restore operation failed with an "error 255". So I reconfigured the phone, desactivated the login pin, went to TWRP, made the restore (no pin warning) but hen the phone didn't boot correctly (hanged 15 min on the MI startup logo with the three dots on the bottom, but nothing else happens).

I obviously did the backup / restore operation the wrong way. On my S7 it was very easy : I make a full backup, data+system, then I restore it when needed, and no issue at all). So What is the correct way to backup / restore a full system + data with TWRP without having to do a factory reset and then try to restore Titanium backup (which cannot restore correctly all the apps, some need to be resintalled). This solution works, but it is much longer and annoying than restoring a TWRP/nandroid backup.

Thanks !
Because this device uses a different partition scheme (A/B partitions and, apparently, dynamic partitions) it is not necessary to make nandroid backups, since the partitions change size depending on the ROM you install.

If you want to keep everything in order:
- Keep a copy of TWRP and the zip of the ROM you are using to avoid problems in the future.
- If you want a backup of the info on your phone, I recommend you install Magisk and use Swift Backup. It's in the Play Store.

Reactions: aing666

NeoSDAP

Can you please tell me if it's possible to flash twrp via magisk app for root access and for installing twrp itself, actually I've updated my rn11 and insalled October security patch but my custom recovery along with root is overwritten 🥲
Nope. You need a PC to install the recovery. Something that can also work is to use a phone rooted with Magisk and the ADB and fastboot module

Reactions: aing666

essor-13

Aug 29, 2016
Marseille
Because this device uses a different partition scheme (A/B partitions and, apparently, dynamic partitions) it is not necessary to make nandroid backups, since the partitions change size depending on the ROM you install.

- Keep a copy of TWRP and the zip of the ROM you are using to avoid problems in the future.
- If you want a backup of the info on your phone, I recommend you install Magisk and use Swift Backup. It's in the Play Store.
Thanks a lot for those infos. I understand a bit better now.

By any chance do you know a rom (debloated) that works flawlessly (camera, wifi, NFC, BT, etc) with the redmi note 11 ? I had LOS on my S7, that was fine because it made the device last longer, but it wasn't withoutt issues.

Appl1

Dec 7, 2022
am I doing something wrong
Thank.

1670456952221.png

Last edited:

Appl1

Dec 7, 2022
Gemäß den Regeln ist Englisch erforderlich.

Booten Sie mit einer anderen Version von TWRP. Die v3.62 wird helfen, dann die v3.7.0 über TWRP flashen. Es passiert wahrscheinlich, weil einige benutzerdefinierte Wiederherstellungen es dieser Version nicht erlauben, zu booten.
danke werde ich im laufe des tages ausprobieren. Ich habe auf Englisch geschrieben. Verzeihung

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
danke werde ich im laufe des tages ausprobieren. Ich habe auf Englisch geschrieben. Verzeihung
Thanks for the edit of your first post and the switch to English. However, if you check you post above it's again only in German. Did you check your browser's settings if it automatically translates to German even if you wrote in English?

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Reactions: SubwayChamp

Flammable98

Jul 19, 2016
Can you please tell me if it's possible to flash twrp via magisk app for root access and for installing twrp itself, actually I've updated my rn11 and insalled October security patch but my custom recovery along with root is overwritten 🥲
Same ****.. I bought my phone in July... then rooted it... then all these useless security patches for me used to unroot my phone - remove TWRP and the root while have magick app installed. One time tried to reroot and ****ed up so had to reflash again the stock rom (I was with the stock rom before) just lost some data (not a big deal... all apps with their non cloud savable data, settings and etc LOL)
So I am still wondering how to avoid this and properly update without losing the root.
Also when Xiaomi will stop releasing **** small updates every month?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Same ****.. I bought my phone in July... then rooted it... then all these useless security patches for me used to unroot my phone - remove TWRP and the root while have magick app installed. One time tried to reroot and ****ed up so had to reflash again the stock rom (I was with the stock rom before) just lost some data (not a big deal... all apps with their non cloud savable data, settings and etc LOL)
So I am still wondering how to avoid this and properly update without losing the root.
There´s not such a thing; "...properly update without losing the root", any major update causes the loss of root, because of boot partition, but, if the update is only about security policies, then you shouldn´t lost root. Rooting this device can always be done, flashing the Magisk zip over the ROM.

Anyway, you can choose, not to update automatically, so, this is up to you, get it or not.

sarib

Nov 16, 2016
Pakistan
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
There's a new update "November patch" and I'm now thinking what I should do 😃

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I found this in a Telegram group (which I know I can't share the link) and when performing all possible tests, it works perfectly with my 4/128 spes.

And as we would all say, I am not responsible for any damage and loss of data caused to your device. I only share the information "as is" and the tests performed by myself on my personal device. Everything is at your own risk.

So, let's start with the post:

New Developer on this version:
    @jabieff

Previous Developer

@dblenk9 - Telegram

2022/11/06 Update Changelog:
    • Synced latest TWRP 12.1 source
    • Fixed Android 13 ROM flashing issue (source side)

Changelog in the previous version by @dblenk9
    • Sync with latest TWRP
    • Update kernel to MIUI V13.0.4.0.SGCMIXM
    • Update blobs to MIUI V13.0.4.0.SGCMIXM
    • MTP fixed
    • Decrypt works

Features I tried and didn't have any problems
    • Flashing and decrypt data from A13 ROMs
    • Flashing and decrypt data from A12.1(A12L) ROMs
    • Flashing and decrypt data from MIUI-based ROMs (custom and Stock) with A12
    • Flashing Magisk
    • MTP fully functional
    • ADB sideload
    • Install recovery ramdisk and "Flash current TWRP" from Advanced menu

DO NOT USE WITH ANDROID 11 ROMS!!!

Bugs I've found so far
    • If you perform a format data, the internal memory will not be recognized in MTP mode of TWRP, which will not be displayed in Windows file explorer
      SOLUTION:
      Boot into the OS at least once so that the internal memory is rebuilt and made available again in MTP mode

• Sometimes, when checking the option "Automatically reflash TWRP after installing the ROM", it does nothing when it finishes installing the ROM
      SOLUTION:
      The option seems to be somewhat bugged, so before restarting always reinstall TWRP with the methods that I will explain below

• When flashing some ROMs, "Failed to mount *partition*" errors come out when you finish installing
      SOLUTION:
      In some ROMs you may get errors when mounting some partitions, commonly "system_ext", "product" and "vendor".

If the installation process ended without any problem and without showing any error code, that's fine, you can restart without problems, This bug has been in all unofficial TWRP for this device

Steps to install

Make sure you have the bootloader unlocked before you start. There are many guides on the internet for that.
    Tutorial for Windows only because zero knowledge for Mac and Linux

From PC:

1. Download the latest platform-tools from the Android developer site and extract the zip in an easily accessible folder

2. Download the TWRP image file from here, or from the post attachments
      SHA256: 8F25AC88628E6D7BC5E29D8572CF4ACA3499B7D626685654B3C4548323B8D591

3. Restart your device to fastboot mode
      Method 1:
      Using this adb command if you have USB debugging active on your device
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader

Method 2:
      -
      Turn off your device
      - After it has completely turned off, press and hold Vol - and the Power button at the same time until the word "FASTBOOT" with orange letters comes out

Method 3:
      - Turn off yout device
      - Press and hold Vol - button
      - Connect the USB cable (previously connected to the PC) to the device and press and hold the button until the word "FASTBOOT" with orange letters comes out

4. Connect your device to the PC

5. Open a cmd window in the folder where you extracted the binaries from the zip from step 1
      Easy method: Open the folder, and without leaving it, type "cmd" in the address bar of the file explorer and press enter. Command promt will open a window directly in the folder location

6. Verify that your device is recognized by fastboot using this command
      Code:
      fastboot devices
      If your device has been detected (a serial number followed by the word fastboot), you can continue. Otherwise, check if the drivers are installed correctly, although if you used Mi Unlock and were able to unlock the device correctly on the PC you are using, you should not have problems with that.

- Because this device uses A/B partitions, there is no recovery partition as such, but it is integrated into the "boot" partition. So, first we must boot using the TWRP image.

7. Type this command in the cmd window, but don't press Enter yet, just type it and leave a space at the end
      Code:
      fastboot boot_
      Don't write the "_". This only indicates the space you should leave at the end.
      This is how it should look when you write it:

fastboot boot

8. Now, drag the image file (twrp-3.7.0.img) to the command window and drop it above the window. This will make you copy your exact location for convenience.

- The result should be this:

9. Code:
      fastboot boot "C:\location\to\your\file\twrp-3.7.0.img"

Quotation marks are only added if the entire location has spaces.
      Otherwise, it is displayed without quotation marks.

10. Press Enter and wait a few seconds. The MI logo will come out, and then the TWRP logo.

DONE! You've started perfectly in TWRP

From the device
    NOTE: Only use these steps if you want to have TWRP installed semi-permanently

I said "semi-permanent" because when flashing any ROM, and knowing that the "recovery" is integrated into the "boot" partition, it will be lost after leaving TWRP, so you can follow these steps if you want to avoid loss of TWRP.

If you have easy access to a PC, you can be fine with the boot method. If you don't have easy access to a PC, you can follow these steps.

Method 1

2. Now tap on the option "Flash current TWRP"

3. "Swipe to confirm" and the TWRP installation process will begin
    Method 2

2. Copy the TWRP image file to the internal memory or SD card from the PC. MTP mode is enabled by default

3. Now tap on the option "Install recovery ramdisk"

You can use the "Select storage" button to switch between different storages

5. "Swipe to confirm" and the TWRP installation process will begin
    Method 3
    1. While in the TWRP menu, tap the Install button

2. Copy the TWRP image file to the internal memory or SD card from the PC. MTP mode is enabled by default.

3. Tap on the option "Install image"

You can use the "Select storage" button to switch between different storage

5. In the new menu, select "Install recovery ramdisk" and then "Swipe to confirm Flash"
    Remember that with the three methods mentioned above you will lose root access (Magisk), so do not forget to flash it again. These steps are also valid to update TWRP if you already had it previously installed.

Conclusion
    I did everything I could but I couldn't find the source code for this TWRP, so I'm sorry for that.
    05/05/2023

11/11/2022
    - Reverted to previous version as @jabieff TWRP is unable to flash MIUI ROMs due to dynamic partitioning error.

07/11/2022
    - Updated to latest TWRP and new developer

19-10-2022
    It returns :
    Code:
    Failed to decrypt user 0

Thanks !
    It returns :
    Code:
    Failed to decrypt user 0

Thanks !
    I think this version of TWRP works only with MIUI13 A12. You're on A11 version of MIUI13.

Thanks !