Shareit Problem :(((((

Search This thread

( )

May 3, 2016
I want to ask help from developers because I can't receive files in my note 4 but can send files via Shareit app. Help me please I don't know what to do. Just a student here please. It always says at the start Initializing then restarting hotspot. After I click that button, it won't function or like somewhat not really restart the hotspot. Sometimes it also say "This device may be slow to start hotspot. Please wait for a moment.". Need it quick for some educational purposes and also for convenience for daily use. Please help me and expecting to have quick replies from the developers. Thank you in advance. :)

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
I want to ask help from developers because I can't receive files in my note 4 but can send files via Shareit app. Help me please I don't know what to do. Just a student here please. It always says at the start Initializing then restarting hotspot. After I click that button, it won't function or like somewhat not really restart the hotspot. Sometimes it also say "This device may be slow to start hotspot. Please wait for a moment.". Need it quick for some educational purposes and also for convenience for daily use. Please help me and expecting to have quick replies from the developers. Thank you in advance. :)
Could be an app problem. Contact the developer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

( )

May 3, 2016
I don't think it's an app problem because I can send files. Can you give me a solution? Please! What to do? My note 4 is AT&T SM -910A. Thank you for those who will answer.

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
I don't think it's an app problem because I can send files. Can you give me a solution? Please! What to do? My note 4 is AT&T SM -910A. Thank you for those who will answer.
With 3rd party, non-Samsung apps, 99% of the time, it's an app problem. Contact the developer and they'll probably ask you to record an error log of you repeating the problem. From there, they can tell whether it's an app issue or a phone issue.

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
How can I contact the developer?
For any app that's on the Play Store, if you go to the app's page and scroll all the way down, you'll see some a DEVELOPER section with contact info. Just use the Send Email link and explain to the developer your issue and your phone (including that it's the ATT variant). I wouldn't say that you're not sure if it's your phone or app though. To a good developer, an app is their baby, so to some, any issue couldn't possibly be caused by a problem with their baby. So just don't say anything about you not being sure if it's the app or phone. Let the developer come to that conclusion after some testing, or better yet, let them fix the app so that it'll work for all phones, including yours.

63b7a362282cd79a6c3d4ff2ec36873c.jpg

Reactions: ( )

( )

May 3, 2016
For any app that's on the Play Store, if you go to the app's page and scroll all the way down, you'll see some a DEVELOPER section with contact info. Just use the Send Email link and explain to the developer your issue and your phone (including that it's the ATT variant). I wouldn't say that you're not sure if it's your phone or app though. To a good developer, an app is their baby, so to some, any issue couldn't possibly be caused by a problem with their baby. So just don't say anything about you not being sure if it's the app or phone. Let the developer come to that conclusion after some testing, or better yet, let them fix the app so that it'll work for all phones, including yours.

Thanks sir

hamzaikhlef

May 17, 2016
Plz help i've the same prblm here my phone Note 4 Samsung SM N910A doasn't receive files using the app shareit ..

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Plz help i've the same prblm here my phone Note 4 Samsung SM N910A doasn't receive files using the app shareit ..
Read thread and do the same as the topic creator. If it is indeed the app not being compatible with the Note 4, then 2 people (or more) reporting the problem will encourage the developer to look into it.

bkar81

Sep 21, 2012
I thought I was the one who is facing this issue in N910-A, but I could see many are having this issue. Tried both ShareIt and SuperBeam - both not working though Wifi is working fine. I tried all the possible options (including phone restart)

patriota

Aug 22, 2013
Its not app problem.
It's AT and T-mobile official roms problem
So plsif can help. It will be appreciated.
It works normally with any other custom rom

kichaz

Aug 16, 2009
Same problem SHAREIT

I thought I was the one who is facing this issue in N910-A, but I could see many are having this issue. Tried both ShareIt and SuperBeam - both not working though Wifi is working fine. I tried all the possible options (including phone restart)

Frnd same problem here in t -mobile s6 edge. Able to send file in shareIT but unable to receive file. Any help appreciated !

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Frnd same problem here in t -mobile s6 edge. Able to send file in shareIT but unable to receive file. Any help appreciated !

asifbaig

Feb 5, 2011
I'm having this problem on T-mobile Note 4 and I think I know the reason. T-mobile ROMS place several restrictions on making a wi-fi hotspot on your phone. You cannot start a wifi hotspot if your phone doesn't have a sim card. You cannot start a wifi hotspot if you've turned off your data connection. Share-it creates a wifi hotspot when you press the "receive" button and other phones search for this hotspot to connect and then send files. Since Tmobile has put its own crap in the wifi hotspot ability, that probably explains why receiving files is not possible but sending files it (in order to send files, you only need wifi, not wifi hotspot.)

There is one temporary solution. Say you have a T mobile phone (T) and a normal phone (N). Start share-it on phone N and press receive. Use phone T to send a file, picture or anything. All you want is that phone T connects to phone N. Once that is done, use phone N to send files back to phone T via share-it and it should work as long as you didn't close the connection.

Reactions: mtharik072

Sibo International

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbwa
I think this problem of not receiving using shareit app is with everyone having a Note 4 Samsung SM N910A, am one of the victims I can't receive but I can send. I would like to find outcfron the previous members of the issue was addressed. Thank you

mtharik072

Dec 23, 2015
You can receive the file by turning on the hotspot manually from settings at once it shows hotspot restarting then your device indicates your device name and you can receive the file

willstay

May 7, 2011
I think it is AT&T restriction. I couldn't use ShareIT on AT&T's Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. They maybe want to restrict other apps from creating hotspot so whoever are in unlimited plan cannot use it as their primary internet connection. The old school iOS way of manually connecting to hotspot doesn't work as well.

Samz23

May 17, 2020
Network provider

Hi....not sure if this is still active....i literally just signed up so I can reply to the post.
Seeing that you have at&t and my phone is also from at&t
That's the problem.... Shareit works by creating a hotspot
From my knowledge researching in the past
At&t locked their phones from being able to create hotspots I don't know why....it's really stupid
But shareit dont work for you and me because it cant turn on our phone's hotspot
I'm really disappointed with that and still trying to find a way to unlock the hotspot problem
My phone is supposedly unlocked because I dont used At&t(im not in the US) I have a different sim in the phone but the phone itself is at&t

Hope this info help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How can I contact the developer?

I'm having this problem on T-mobile Note 4 and I think I know the reason. T-mobile ROMS place several restrictions on making a wi-fi hotspot on your phone. You cannot start a wifi hotspot if your phone doesn't have a sim card. You cannot start a wifi hotspot if you've turned off your data connection. Share-it creates a wifi hotspot when you press the "receive" button and other phones search for this hotspot to connect and then send files. Since Tmobile has put its own crap in the wifi hotspot ability, that probably explains why receiving files is not possible but sending files it (in order to send files, you only need wifi, not wifi hotspot.)

There is one temporary solution. Say you have a T mobile phone (T) and a normal phone (N). Start share-it on phone N and press receive. Use phone T to send a file, picture or anything. All you want is that phone T connects to phone N. Once that is done, use phone N to send files back to phone T via share-it and it should work as long as you didn't close the connection.