• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SHARING] HOW TO ROOT A21S STOCK ROM WITH MAGISK

Search This thread

thatha

Jul 14, 2010
SGN
Redmi 9
Hello friends
I just want to share how to root A21S stock rom in case anybody needs it:
1. Unlock bootloader
2. (On PC) Extract boot.img.lz4 from AP...tar file, then copy it to phone
3. (On phone) Install ZArchiver to extract boot.img from boot.img.lz4
4. (On phone) Install Magisk_patched_for_A21S.apk (thank grccorps for this excellent magisk) and patch the boot.img that you have just extracted from step 3
5. (On PC) Copy magisk_patched-22104_0x2Ov.img (in phone\download) to pc, rename it to boot.img
6. (On PC) Use 7zip to pack boot.img from step 5 into boot.tar
7. (On PC) Use odin to flash boot.tar from step 6 (in AP slot)
Done. Enjoy.
In case you don't want to do a full step by step like above, you can use my already patched boot.tar below, just download and flash it via odin then after reboot install Magisk_patched_for_A21S.apk
For U3:
For U5:

Attachments

• ZArchiver_0.9.5.apk
    3.6 MB · Views: 336
  • Magisk_patched_for_A21S.apk
    6.3 MB · Views: 591
Last edited:

NuzzaimStark

Apr 13, 2019
Samsung Galaxy A21s
MY ANDROID 11 A21S STUCK BY FOLLOWING YOUR STEP . AFTER FLASHING ODIN SHOWED PASS AND NOW ITS STUCK, YOUR U5 IS NOT WORKKKK , PLS HELP. , I KNOW HOW TO WORK MY PHONE AGAIN , BUT I NEED ROOT , PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE.

Attachments

• WIN_20210516_06_51_05_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210516_06_51_05_Pro.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 117

midorocco

May 9, 2011
Besançon
MY ANDROID 11 A21S STUCK BY FOLLOWING YOUR STEP . AFTER FLASHING ODIN SHOWED PASS AND NOW ITS STUCK, YOUR U5 IS NOT WORKKKK , PLS HELP. , I KNOW HOW TO WORK MY PHONE AGAIN , BUT I NEED ROOT , PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE.
Hello,

My phone got stuck at the same screen and no button is answering. I also have the U5 version.
How did you manage to recover the phone?

Thank you in advance.

thatha

Jul 14, 2010
SGN
Redmi 9
Hello,

My phone got stuck at the same screen and no button is answering. I also have the U5 version.

Thank you in advance.
Plug usb to laptop, press and hold all buttons (power, volume up, volume down) for 10 seconds your phone will reboot. Release all buttons, then press and hold volume up and volume down and quickly plug usb to phone, your phone will enter download mod where you can flash stock firmware via odin.

Reactions: midorocco

rbudrick

Sep 6, 2020
I see references to U3 and U5. I have a SM-A215U. Did you mean 5U and not U5? Also, someone asked above if this wipes your data. I too am wondering the same. Thanks!

Jun 26, 2013
Got my SM-A217F rooted first attempt,

So what i did was.....

1) used Frija-v1.4.4 to download my latest stock firmware "SM-A217F_1_20210807114045_mzeyu27v8u_fac.zip"

2) Extracted the zip file and flashed the 4 files with "Odin3_v3.14.4"

3) after that i let the phone restart and boot up entered my google account details etc etc

4) on PC i used winrar and extracted the "boot.img.lz4" file only from "AP_A217FXXU6CUH1_CL21842546_QB42174009_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_RKEY_OS11.tar.md5"

5) on PC i then used "lz4_win64_v1_9_3" i copied the extracted "boot.img.lz4" file into the "lz4_win64_v1_9_3" folder

6) op PC inside the "lz4_win64_v1_9_3" folder i dragged the "boot.img.lz4" file onto "lz4.exe" wich created a new file "boot.img"

7) copied the "boot.img" file onto my phones internal storage

8) on phone i installed "Magisk_patched_for_A21S.apk" and opened it --> chose "Install" -->"select and patch a file" --> select "boot.img" from step 7 --> normal android way

9) That created a "magisk_patched-22104_0x2Ov.img" file in my phones "download" folder

10) Renamed that "magisk_patched-22104_0x2Ov.img" to "boot.img" on my phone

11) i then used "ZArchiver" and compressed that "boot.img" i just renamed from "boot.img" to "boot.tar"

12) Copied the "boot.tar" file to my pc and renamed it to "boot.img.tar" on my pc

13) On PC i used "Odin3_v3.14.4" and flashed the "boot.img.tar" file to my device, i left "Auto reboot" and "F reset time" ticked

14) after flashing and getting the green "PASS" logo i left my phone pluged into the the pc the whole time while the phone was restarting

15) after phone rebooted i installed "Magisk" with the "Magisk_patched_for_A21S" app --> let it reboot again after install

AND THATS IT
ONE A21S SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED

NB: thank grccorps for this excellent magisk

Attachments

• Magisk_patched_for_A21S.apk
    6.3 MB · Views: 57
  • Frija-v1.4.3.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 26
  • lz4_win64_v1_9_3.zip
    586.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Odin3_v3.14.4.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 25

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello friends
    I just want to share how to root A21S stock rom in case anybody needs it:
    1. Unlock bootloader
    2. (On PC) Extract boot.img.lz4 from AP...tar file, then copy it to phone
    3. (On phone) Install ZArchiver to extract boot.img from boot.img.lz4
    4. (On phone) Install Magisk_patched_for_A21S.apk (thank grccorps for this excellent magisk) and patch the boot.img that you have just extracted from step 3
    5. (On PC) Copy magisk_patched-22104_0x2Ov.img (in phone\download) to pc, rename it to boot.img
    6. (On PC) Use 7zip to pack boot.img from step 5 into boot.tar
    7. (On PC) Use odin to flash boot.tar from step 6 (in AP slot)
    Done. Enjoy.
    In case you don't want to do a full step by step like above, you can use my already patched boot.tar below, just download and flash it via odin then after reboot install Magisk_patched_for_A21S.apk
    For U3:
    For U5:
    This apk is old. If you have rooted with this apk/tar, then you should download the latest one from this thread and update to it, as it has the latest patches merged in from official Magisk github.
    Hello,

Thank you in advance.
    Plug usb to laptop, press and hold all buttons (power, volume up, volume down) for 10 seconds your phone will reboot. Release all buttons, then press and hold volume up and volume down and quickly plug usb to phone, your phone will enter download mod where you can flash stock firmware via odin.