• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

mike the inkman

Feb 24, 2012
Houston
***MUNKY-TOOL***
IS AN ONBOARD ANDROID UTILITY

FEATURES

• [*]Copy system.img
    [*]Copy boot.img
    [*]Backup efs
    [*]Logcat
    [*]Backup and Restore Contacts
    [*]Out For A Rip

Munky-tool will locate and copy most partitions without you having to track down paths. This is convenient if you use a ROM kitchen, or just want to make a backup of your system without using custom recovery. Some devices do have weird partition names, and munky-tool will not find them. If this happens to you, run the following command in terminal emulator
Code:
ls /dev/block/platform/*/by-name
Paste the output and your device name in the comments, and I will work your device in if possible.

INSTRUCTIONS

• Download zip or clone git
  • Place extracted munky-tool folder in system partition (must be able to set permissions)
  • Set permissions of munky-tool script (not the directory) to at least 775 (rwx rwx rw)
  • Open terminal emulator and key in 'su' for root permissions
  • cd to the munky-tool directory
  • Type ./munky-tool to execute the script and start the utility

DOWNLOAD

github

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-02-20-58-25.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-02-20-58-25.png
    253.3 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

itsnie

Mar 24, 2014
Where's the download link dude, i'm not find download link from github ? :confused:

Rukbat

Feb 15, 2012
Fayetteville NC
N-i-c-e!

Thank you.

I've been working on the same sort of thing, and trying to figure out how to get adb connected to the phone with debugging off, for those people (I won't use the word I'm thinking of) who don't make backups, then break the screen, or bootloop the phone. Your script makes finding the data partition trivial, but I'm still working on the "force debugging on from outside" part.

But munky is going to be part of my phone from now on.

mike the inkman

Feb 24, 2012
Houston
N-i-c-e!

Thank you.

I've been working on the same sort of thing, and trying to figure out how to get adb connected to the phone with debugging off, for those people (I won't use the word I'm thinking of) who don't make backups, then break the screen, or bootloop the phone. Your script makes finding the data partition trivial, but I'm still working on the "force debugging on from outside" part.

But munky is going to be part of my phone from now on.
Thanks, man. Glad to hear you like it.

Azlun

May 9, 2013
Shenzhen
***MUNKY-TOOL***

FEATURES

• [*]Copy system.img
    [*]Copy boot.img
    [*]Backup efs
    [*]Logcat
    [*]Out For A Rip

Munky-tool will locate and copy most partitions without you having to track down paths. This is convenient if you use a ROM kitchen, or just want to make a backup of your system without using custom recovery. Some devices do have weird partition names, and munky-tool will not find them. If this happens to you, run the following command in terminal emulator
Code:
Paste the output and your device name in the comments, and I will work your device in if possible.

INSTRUCTIONS

• Place extracted munky-tool folder in system partition (must be able to set permissions)
  • Set permissions of munky-tool script (not the directory) to at least 775 (rwx rwx rw)

DOWNLOAD

github

Good Tool, do you already plan to support restore EFS? which make a full loop of running time change the EFS setting without a PC,
this can help to me to control the modem band preset selections for network testing purpose.

mike the inkman

Feb 24, 2012
Houston
Good Tool, do you already plan to support restore EFS? which make a full loop of running time change the EFS setting without a PC,
this can help to me to control the modem band preset selections for network testing purpose.
It is usually done in bootloader, but I am pretty sure I can make it work. Just need to test it before I release it. I am also going to release this as an apk soon. (Don't know how soon, but I probably won't have time for a few weeks)

mike the inkman

Feb 24, 2012
Houston
An app that we can point new users to that will back up their userdata partition? Fantastic!
Yeah, I think it will fill a need. I am going to do an APK to do the things from this script, and a corresponding GUI Linux package for APK modding, and maybe do something for Windows as I get time. In the process of moving somewhat unexpectedly, so it is taking longer than I would have liked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***MUNKY-TOOL***

FEATURES

• [*]Copy system.img
      [*]Copy boot.img
      [*]Backup efs
      [*]Logcat
      [*]Out For A Rip

Code:

INSTRUCTIONS

DOWNLOAD

github
    Dude once again you're creativity and hard work is paying off. Great job man
    Style point for the rip bud!
    Sounds very helpfull and as markbencze already replyed I gues it's working on the O+O too. Have to try it in the next days.

thx markbencze for sharing.
    Sounds very helpfull and as markbencze already replyed I gues it's working on the O+O too. Have to try it in the next days.

thx markbencze for sharing.
    Yes. I tested it on my OPO. It went out for a rip. It will run on any device, and it will find the partitions on most.