Shield Tablet button upgrade

Search This thread

Technogen

Jul 15, 2008
Great idea! What case is that and does it have a flap? I want just a back plate shell to cover the sharp edges of the Shield. I currently have a Turtle shell on it and it's just too large for normal use, it gets in the way of using the screen when in landscape mode. I'd love just a solid back shell or TPU case.

undrwater

Aug 1, 2010
Cerritos
Great idea! Since they were so cheap, I figured I'd try it. It works reasonably well...and better than not having it. It still feels a bit wonky, but now I can hit the power button faster and more accurately.

Regarding cases; I had both, and I prefer the nvidia one. It's definitely a personal preference thing.

ChefJoe

Oct 31, 2015
Seattle
Thank you. My button covers finally arrived and are doing well. Yes, they overhang a pretty good amount, but the power comes on every time I push in the area of the power button, just as responsive as the button on my old Nexus 7.

The Shield people should just throw one of these in with the tablet, honestly. Or mail a few in an envelope upon paying $3 or so.

seth50k

Oct 11, 2010
Thank you. My button covers finally arrived and are doing well. Yes, they overhang a pretty good amount, but the power comes on every time I push in the area of the power button, just as responsive as the button on my old Nexus 7.

The Shield people should just throw one of these in with the tablet, honestly. Or mail a few in an envelope upon paying $3 or so.
The Shield people should just put a better button in instead of a workaround :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just thought I'd share an easy fix for the Shield's less than stellar buttons (my only complaint about the Shield)

Buy these

And do this:

And that's pretty much it. I'm sure the jelly type buttons would work just as well. Only used on the power button as I don't have a problem with the volume buttons.
    Hey thanks. Since I have an S5 I picked up those. I'll probably try jelly buttons as soon as I can find some without glitter and rhinestones. Though that would make one FABULOUS Shield tablet :highfive:
    Great idea! What case is that and does it have a flap?

Case is this one ProCase SlimSnug. Perfect fit, magnetic cover, screen wake for $10.99. In a perfect world where things were priced for value, Nvidia's case would be $1.99, and this would be $20-25. Buy this and pretend you spent more, 'cause you'll love it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone