• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Shield TV 2015 Stuck on Coloured Icons

Search This thread

BallyS

Aug 9, 2015
nVidia have been useless and first claimed no updates have been out and the Live support refused to answer questions.

Seems there was an update and it must have happened when I left my Shied TV on one night.

Now I can get into fastboot menu but if I boot normal, I get nVidia logo then the 4 colour icons just spinning and rotating around.

It won't progress to the Android logo and boot.

I would try reset but is there anyway to get to my settings and save them without having to put in all my usernames and pwd's on Apps.

If it is possible, would I need to download all Apps again?

The other question is, nVidia live support told me I can not apply an image from USB or SD card, yet when asked, Why are there those options.

Live support just sat there then disconnected the chat.

jionny

Aug 23, 2013
nVidia have been useless and first claimed no updates have been out and the Live support refused to answer questions.

Seems there was an update and it must have happened when I left my Shied TV on one night.

Now I can get into fastboot menu but if I boot normal, I get nVidia logo then the 4 colour icons just spinning and rotating around.

It won't progress to the Android logo and boot.

I would try reset but is there anyway to get to my settings and save them without having to put in all my usernames and pwd's on Apps.

If it is possible, would I need to download all Apps again?

The other question is, nVidia live support told me I can not apply an image from USB or SD card, yet when asked, Why are there those options.

Live support just sat there then disconnected the chat.
I have had the same problem years ago when I was rooting. It's corrupted, your only option is try and reset.

BallyS

Aug 9, 2015
I have had the same problem years ago when I was rooting. It's corrupted, your only option is try and reset.
I had to do a factory reset more than once.

Seems either a HDD fault or some other fault as it works then when installing all apps again, it runs into issues.

NVidia did finally respond but just said the same and intermittence hardware fault, which they couldn't say if it would be the HDD or not.

The update must have pushed it to sectors which are corrupt, unless it's over heating.

jionny

Aug 23, 2013
My suggestion is too buy a hdd cloner and clone to a SSD there are ample instructions on the forum I did this year's ago and have never had a problem and it's also alot faster

BallyS

Aug 9, 2015
My suggestion is too buy a hdd cloner and clone to a SSD there are ample instructions on the forum I did this year's ago and have never had a problem and it's also alot faster
I will be returning it as I still had warranty on it.

I was going to put a SSD in it, but if it's another fault, I don't want to run out of warranty.