• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Shipping notice

Search This thread

Guyinlaca

Sep 13, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I had originally ordered from Verizon but cancelled because of the locked bootloader, $35 activation fee, and no Pixel buds. I will have to wait an extra 2 weeks from Google but I'm saving money and getting a hopefully unlockable bootloader. As much as I like stock Android, it's missing a ton of features I love on Samsung devices.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
I had originally ordered from Verizon but cancelled because of the locked bootloader, $35 activation fee, and no Pixel buds. I will have to wait an extra 2 weeks from Google but I'm saving money and getting a hopefully unlockable bootloader. As much as I like stock Android, it's missing a ton of features I love on Samsung devices.
You probably already know this, but if I remember correctly you still get the Verizon activation fee if you active your "Google Edition" Pixel 6 with a Verizon account. One reason I switched to AT&T. I can switch phones whenever I feel like it.

spotmark

Feb 18, 2010
Massachusetts
Huh, interesting! When I got my unlocked HTC 10 before I got the Pixel 1, I thought I still had to pay an activation fee to Verizon, before I switched to AT&T.
No, because when you order an unlocked one, all you have to do is throw your SIM in it. You don't even have to notify Verizon. When you purchase a VZW model, Google makes you log into your VZW account, and that's when they get you. BUT, if you're a long time Verizon customer, it doesn't hurt to call them and ask them to waive the fee.

KOLIOSIS

I did, and just we are all in the same boat, no CC charges or anything, but what I did notice is that the status changed from processing to Running, I got no idea what running supposed to mean but yeah
Same here. Showing the ship & delivery dates on the same day, 10/28/2021.

I spoke w/one of my local "Team of Experts" associates from T-Mobile earlier this evening.
I was concerned that, even though I'm showing the 10/28 date, the Pixel 6 Pro is now back-ordered until mid-November.
What I was told that the bulk shipment has not arrived at the regional distribution center, but, it was still showing an estimated ship date of 10/28. (No tracking information yet).

Good enough for me. I'd went elsewhere for a carrier-free model, but, no one is matching the trade-in offers. (the full purchase price @ $899 for my Note20)

SmileBigNow

Jan 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I spoke w/one of my local "Team of Experts" associates from T-Mobile earlier this evening.
I was concerned that, even though I'm showing the 10/28 date, the Pixel 6 Pro is now back-ordered until mid-November.
What I was told that the bulk shipment has not arrived at the regional distribution center, but, it was still showing an estimated ship date of 10/28. (No tracking information yet).

Good enough for me. I'd went elsewhere for a carrier-free model, but, no one is matching the trade-in offers. (the full purchase price @ $899 for my Note20)
Yeah, I asked 2 reps, 1 via phone then via T-Force and both assured me that I'll be having it by the 28th, so I guess will have to wait and see

mang0

Jan 12, 2012
San Diego
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6
Anybody order from T-Mobile?
Mine is still showing "preorder" on the order status page with a ship date of 10/28. No changes yet.

But apparently if you just type in the confirmation , last name, and billing zip without logging in, it shows "running" with an estimated delivery date of 10/28. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Screenshot 2021-10-26 022549.png

aaronc_98

Jun 7, 2010
Carlsbad
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Got my shipping notice yesterday and it says delivery the 26th or 27th by a company called OnTrac in San DIego. No status yet on the tracking info but it is only coming from Orange county. Still says waiting package- this is so frustraating

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did, and just we are all in the same boat, no CC charges or anything, but what I did notice is that the status changed from processing to Running, I got no idea what running supposed to mean but yeah

Yeah, I asked 2 reps, 1 via phone then via T-Force and both assured me that I'll be having it by the 28th, so I guess will have to wait and see
    Mine is still showing "preorder" on the order status page with a ship date of 10/28. No changes yet.

But apparently if you just type in the confirmation , last name, and billing zip without logging in, it shows "running" with an estimated delivery date of 10/28. 🤷‍♀️
    Huh, interesting! When I got my unlocked HTC 10 before I got the Pixel 1, I thought I still had to pay an activation fee to Verizon, before I switched to AT&T.
    No, because when you order an unlocked one, all you have to do is throw your SIM in it. You don't even have to notify Verizon. When you purchase a VZW model, Google makes you log into your VZW account, and that's when they get you. BUT, if you're a long time Verizon customer, it doesn't hurt to call them and ask them to waive the fee.
    I have Verizon and still no shipping notice for me .... Ordered less than 1.5 hours after start of Announcement on Oct 19th
    Same here. I originally had a delivery date of 10/28, but now my order page on VZW says "Delivery Date Will Be Updated Soon." Hopefully it still shows up this week.

P6P, 512Gb Black is what I ordered.