Question Short battery life

Search This thread

Cisuwek

Nov 19, 2017
Tarnów
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hi everyone. I have owned this smartphone for 7 months. In the beginning everything was fine. The battery lasts a very short time. I checked different roms, there is no difference, the battery status says it is healthy. Checked by several methods. What could be the cause? SOT is only 3-4 hours and it was much more. Not enough for an average used day. Please help.

Hi everyone. I have owned this smartphone for 7 months. In the beginning everything was fine. The battery lasts a very short time. I checked different roms, there is no difference, the battery status says it is healthy. Checked by several methods. What could be the cause? SOT is only 3-4 hours and it was much more. Not enough for an average used day. Please help.
You said you checked on different roms so there's a possibility that the battery isn't displaying the correct percentage of the phone. If you experience phone turning off even if not on 0% or having the battery percentage stuck for a long time and then starts draining fast then it means your battery is not calibrated and you need to calibrate it to give the correct reading. As far as I know, no matter how many roms you change, no rom can calibrate battery as it is untouch when roms are being overlayed in the system. If battery calibration doesn't work then try restricting apps and forcing doze on your phone. Last option is to start considering a new battery replacement if you want.

Reactions: Cisuwek

Cisuwek

Nov 19, 2017
Tarnów
Redmi Note 10 Pro
You said you checked on different roms so there's a possibility that the battery isn't displaying the correct percentage of the phone. If you experience phone turning off even if not on 0% or having the battery percentage stuck for a long time and then starts draining fast then it means your battery is not calibrated and you need to calibrate it to give the correct reading. As far as I know, no matter how many roms you change, no rom can calibrate battery as it is untouch when roms are being overlayed in the system. If battery calibration doesn't work then try restricting apps and forcing doze on your phone. Last option is to start considering a new battery replacement if you want.
Seems to be working normalny, but draining to fast. Try to calibrate and wipe stats

IrishJames

May 30, 2022
UK
One thing I found would drain the battery in a matter of hours is anything to do with the proximity sensors. Turning on pocket detection would literally cut my battery life in half. Lift to wake and always on display will also decrease battery life. While 120hz refresh is nice, it also shortens battery life. Dark themes on this phone will extend battery life. Amoled screens display black by not turning on the led pixels where black is supposed to be. Just my two pennies...

One thing I found would drain the battery in a matter of hours is anything to do with the proximity sensors. Turning on pocket detection would literally cut my battery life in half. Lift to wake and always on display will also decrease battery life. While 120hz refresh is nice, it also shortens battery life. Dark themes on this phone will extend battery life. Amoled screens display black by not turning on the led pixels where black is supposed to be. Just my two pennies...
Yes especially double tap to wake and aod for me kills the battery super quickly. Im guessing it has to do with the miui firmware not properly turning off the sensors during deep sleep. Even a rom maintainer said that aod seems buggy too. Also another factor that drains battery is heat, and rn10pro is notorious for heating up quickly (literally few pics and went from 31C-38C). Frequent heating can cause permanent damage on battery and it'll surely decrease its capacity and lifespan.

Reactions: IrishJames

Cisuwek

Nov 19, 2017
Tarnów
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Now it is good. Less 10%, sot is 1h. So I think 8h will be during the day. I noticed that the wake-ups had a continuous line now it is intermittent. I think everything is back to normal. Thank you all

dhrjbhtt0

Jan 20, 2017
on a similar note, does anyone know why the "Battery usage-->Manage Battery usage" setting gets resetted to optimized from restricted all the time within a few days on A12? I'm witnessed this behaviour on all the A12 roms for sweet(currently on PixelOS) and have never found an answer nor a solution. Has it got anything to do with the automatic permission disable feature since A11? Anyone noticed this? Its frustrating to set that to restricted manually for every app every few days. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes especially double tap to wake and aod for me kills the battery super quickly. Im guessing it has to do with the miui firmware not properly turning off the sensors during deep sleep. Even a rom maintainer said that aod seems buggy too. Also another factor that drains battery is heat, and rn10pro is notorious for heating up quickly (literally few pics and went from 31C-38C). Frequent heating can cause permanent damage on battery and it'll surely decrease its capacity and lifespan.
    (Wiping battery stats is a myth as far as I know, it doesn't contain any persistent long-term data, it gets updated continuously.)