Should I buy this phone ?

Search This thread

manus31

May 7, 2016
So,I'm due an upgrade this year and usually stick with Oneplus and currently have a 6T,

My usual upgrade would take me to a Oneplus 8 but I'm reading not so many great things about these phones such as hole punch cameras and the price is gonna be crazy for the Standard 8 and 8 pro

But here we have a phone that will probably be similar in specs and possibly better in places with the X2 pro.

I'm not crazy anymore about OxygenOS,sure it's great but it's boring after all these years. A little more features or some might say bloat can be useful and I hear ColorOS is pretty good in this regard.

Oneplus has slowed with updates for older devices so I think I could live with less updates.

Would you guys upgrade to a X2 pro considering you can get the 12/256 model for €449 now on Amazon or should I wait to see what Xaomi do though the k30 doesn't look that appealing if it turns out to be the mi 10.

Did anyone upgrade from a 6 or 6T to this phone ?

valthunder

Dec 7, 2010
Remix OS
So,I'm due an upgrade this year and usually stick with Oneplus and currently have a 6T,

My usual upgrade would take me to a Oneplus 8 but I'm reading not so many great things about these phones such as hole punch cameras and the price is gonna be crazy for the Standard 8 and 8 pro

But here we have a phone that will probably be similar in specs and possibly better in places with the X2 pro.

I'm not crazy anymore about OxygenOS,sure it's great but it's boring after all these years. A little more features or some might say bloat can be useful and I hear ColorOS is pretty good in this regard.

Oneplus has slowed with updates for older devices so I think I could live with less updates.

Would you guys upgrade to a X2 pro considering you can get the 12/256 model for €449 now on Amazon or should I wait to see what Xaomi do though the k30 doesn't look that appealing if it turns out to be the mi 10.

Did anyone upgrade from a 6 or 6T to this phone ?

If you are not in a hurry (you have problems with your cuerrent phone), you should wait until the next generation of qualcomme soc (next half year).

manus31

May 7, 2016
If you are not in a hurry (you have problems with your cuerrent phone), you should wait until the next generation of qualcomme soc (next half year).

Yes, Ideally this would be true but I think the next gen of high end SD chips are gonna be more expensive and power hungry due to uneeded 5g. a lot of mid range well priced phones from Xaoimi will be having mid range chips like 765.

I actually think there is a good case to skip the next gen of chips because they are mainly for 5g which most users in the world dont need

aladin6

Mar 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I personally encourage you to get this phone. ColorOS has some interesting features and it's rock solid. The phone is very responsive and I have a good SOT. Talking about battery, the VOOC charging is unbelievably fast! I have so much to say about the Realme X2 Pro, but the conclusion is that I don't regret my decision.

manus31

May 7, 2016
I personally encourage you to get this phone. ColorOS has some interesting features and it's rock solid. The phone is very responsive and I have a good SOT. Talking about battery, the VOOC charging is unbelievably fast! I have so much to say about the Realme X2 Pro, but the conclusion is that I don't regret my decision.

What device did you upgrade from if you don't mind me asking ?

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014
Probably the best value for the money at this time :good:

Pros

90hz Display which is very good

UFS 3.0

12gb Ram (top variant)

256gb Storage

50w SuperVooc

Great design & build.

Decent Cameras.

Cons

ColorOS still needs work and that comes in 0S7, with realme perhaps doing their own thing?

Cameras are just average (made better with Gcam) although as yet still not a stable build for the X2 Pro.

Overall for what you are paying them yea it's a very very good purchase :good:

manus31

May 7, 2016

Pros

UFS 3.0

12gb Ram (top variant)

256gb Storage

50w SuperVooc

Great design & build.

Decent Cameras.

Cons

ColorOS still needs work and that comes in 0S7, with realme perhaps doing their own thing?

Cameras are just average (made better with Gcam) although as yet still not a stable build for the X2 Pro.

Pros: decent cameras
Cons: cameras are average

Some expert fence sitting there,lol ?

Reactions: maniac1316

manus31

May 7, 2016
They are both in both categories as they are made better with Gcam but without I'd put in the cons as they really aren't that great.

Lol,makes sense,though from what I've seen on YouTube and other reviews the cameras are pretty competitive with other flagships,not the greatest but decent in most departments,
I personally don't like using gcam because its usually unstable and annoying.

Still not convinced by the phone though with ColorOS though it should be interesting to see what colorOs7 is like.

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014
Lol,makes sense,though from what I've seen on YouTube and other reviews the cameras are pretty competitive with other flagships,not the greatest but decent in most departments,
I personally don't like using gcam because its usually unstable and annoying.

Still not convinced by the phone though with ColorOS though it should be interesting to see what colorOs7 is like.

ColorOS runs just fine in terms of performance, it's just a bit disorganized, Cameras they are perfectly fine in good light, but I'd say they do struggle and the Samsung made GW1 64mgp sensor isn't great, but the price you can let the cam be the way it is, it's not shockingly poor, it's just average and the price point for everything else made it a great purchase for me.

Here is a pic in low light, (Curtains closed, no natural light) Stock Camera (using nighscape)

Attachments

• IMG20191223144227.jpg
    IMG20191223144227.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 512

natedogg20050

Aug 19, 2009
I did hear that the 64mp mode is very good even better than the 108mp mode on the Mi note 10. I suppose it's just low light photos I would be worried about and lack of OIS

OIS is not needed in any kind of way thanks to the Snapdragon 855+ and 12 GB Ram

i can tell you the difference , when i was using the P20 Pro i had always lags making any kind of video.

using the X2 Pro with 30 or 60 FPS its like Butter , also the way the camera reacts like speed focus etc you dont even need OIS so trust me you would have a lot of fun

The Only bad thing about the Camera is the Night Shot Mode ... you cant compare it with Huawei

but without that its simply perfect in my eyes and i did a lot of pictures using the stock camera app

Last edited:
Reactions: manus31

manus31

May 7, 2016
OIS is not needed in any kind of way thanks to the Snapdragon 855+ and 12 GB Ram

i can tell you the difference , when i was using the P20 Pro i had always lags making any kind of video.

using the X2 Pro with 30 or 60 FPS its like Butter , also the way the camera reacts like speed focus etc you dont even need OIS so trust me you would have a lot of fun

The Only bad thing about the Camera is the Night Shot Mode ... you cant compare it with Huawei

but without that its simply perfect in my eyes and i did a lot of pictures using the stock camera app

Huawei are very good for low light so I would never expect the X2 pro to compare.What about updates ?
I believe the phone will receive support for Android 10 and 11. Updates every two months with security patch and a big update soon to colorOS 7,
Have you received timely updates as yet ?

ngagephone

Jul 24, 2006
Doncaster (Town)
Tbh it's a huge upgrade over the 6t... It's better in everyway except oxygen and as I've said before to others the euro version from Amazon Spain is one of the most bloat free and fluid operating systems around. Regarding the camera I've got to agree with @natedogg20050 it's a excellent camera and if you know how to use it correctly I've mostly got better shots then my son's mate 20 pro and wife's view 20.... Then when you consider the price to spec it's truly unbeatable in my opinion. I've had the OnePlus 6t and loved it but to me the X2 pro is far better.

Edit: Regarding updates I've received 1 update each month since getting the phone.

Last edited:

manus31

May 7, 2016
Tbh it's a huge upgrade over the 6t... It's better in everyway except oxygen and as I've said before to others the euro version from Amazon Spain is one of the most bloat free and fluid operating systems around. Regarding the camera I've got to agree with @natedogg20050 it's a excellent camera and if you know how to use it correctly I've mostly got better shots then my son's mate 20 pro and wife's view 20.... Then when you consider the price to spec it's truly unbeatable in my opinion. I've had the OnePlus 6t and loved it but to me the X2 pro is far better.

Edit: Regarding updates I've received 1 update each month since getting the phone.

Thanks for the input,I looked at many reviews and comparisons over the last while and have concluded that the X2 pro is the best and most interesting deal out there.I am now bored with my 6T and wanted a change so this morning on Christmas I have just ordered my X2 pro 12/256 model in blue from Amazon Spain to receive it next week.

In regards to camera,most if not all the reviews I have looked at are positive. Ive seen that they have improved camera quality in recent updates also , particularly with low light shots.

I think people who do criticise are only nitpicking generally that a particular color may not be exactly the same as it is real life or stupid little things like that. The camera from what I've seen is excellent for the price including everything else.

Excited to use a phone with 12gb ram also,as I've only ever had 6 at most,90hz should be fun too and the little features of ColorOs.

Merry Christmas everyone.

dadri

Dec 26, 2019
I still cannot decide between OnePlus 7T and Realme X2 Pro. :( Coming from a really clean Moto G4+ experience and being kind of a power user (not gaming wise but regarding usage time & used features), I'm a little afraid that Color OS maybe couldn't deliver my wished quality. And video OIS and night capabilities of the 7T camera seems to be much better considering many YouTube comparisons.
On the other hand Realme offers super fast charging, interesting software features (three finger screenshot crop and all this nice little things) for a much lower price tag.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the input,I looked at many reviews and comparisons over the last while and have concluded that the X2 pro is the best and most interesting deal out there.I am now bored with my 6T and wanted a change so this morning on Christmas I have just ordered my X2 pro 12/256 model in blue from Amazon Spain to receive it next week.

In regards to camera,most if not all the reviews I have looked at are positive. Ive seen that they have improved camera quality in recent updates also , particularly with low light shots.

I think people who do criticise are only nitpicking generally that a particular color may not be exactly the same as it is real life or stupid little things like that. The camera from what I've seen is excellent for the price including everything else.

Excited to use a phone with 12gb ram also,as I've only ever had 6 at most,90hz should be fun too and the little features of ColorOs.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    I still cannot decide between OnePlus 7T and Realme X2 Pro. :( Coming from a really clean Moto G4+ experience and being kind of a power user (not gaming wise but regarding usage time & used features), I'm a little afraid that Color OS maybe couldn't deliver my wished quality. And video OIS and night capabilities of the 7T camera seems to be much better considering many YouTube comparisons.
    On the other hand Realme offers super fast charging, interesting software features (three finger screenshot crop and all this nice little things) for a much lower price tag.

I was in the same situation... I chose the Realme X2 pro over the 7t for the 12gb ram, 3.5 jack, 50w charge and over £100 less and I also prefer the looks of the X2 pro... Regarding the os... I was once a stock only user a few years ago... But now I think most operating systems are ok and regardless of what people say the os on the European X2 pro is one of my favourite now... It's clean and bloat free and silky smooth and everything appears to work correctly.
    Got the phone and am well impressed,most bloat can be uninstalled easily and launcher can be changed,happy enough so far,but lots to explore,camera is good especially enjoying the macro mode
    how can we know what kind of person you are, depending on any person. It is bulky this phone, a few bugs, camera software still on development, good battery life and fast charging, limited software, good price for what it is.

I wouldn't say the phone is bulky at all,it's more or less the same size as my 6T give or take very fractional differences. The software so far is more useful than OxygenOS,there are little additions not seen such as call blocking features,app cloner, and even though it's still on android 9, system wide dark mode is present with intelligent control for background tasks,
    I'm not seeing many bugs and it's really good so far with plenty of customisation.

By the way,I'm not a bad person at all and I'm like most other people when it comes to phones
    OnePlus prices are rising fast and this phone offers great value even compared to the leaked specs of the OnePlus 8

Pros

UFS 3.0

12gb Ram (top variant)

256gb Storage

50w SuperVooc

Great design & build.

Decent Cameras.

Cons