Should i flash official miui to completly reset my phone ?

Search This thread

Danny94

Feb 11, 2012
Merano
Hi guys,
i flashed tons of roms since i got my phone. Now i want to revert back to miui 10 android 9 ~v10.3.17 - xiaomi.eu, as miui 10 always was best with battery life for me.
Should i first flash the official stock rom from c.mi.com with fastboot mi flash tool to get rid of all my mess i have done in those years or can i just flash xiaomi.eu via twrp ?

I have the chinese version redmi k20 pro 8gb 128gb raphael.
Thanks.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Hi guys,
i flashed tons of roms since i got my phone. Now i want to revert back to miui 10 android 9 ~v10.3.17 - xiaomi.eu, as miui 10 always was best with battery life for me.
Should i first flash the official stock rom from c.mi.com with fastboot mi flash tool to get rid of all my mess i have done in those years or can i just flash xiaomi.eu via twrp ?

Thanks.
Flashing Xiaomi.eu will only replace the system. It's probably better that you first re-flash the complete stock, also MIUI 10/A 9, to have the clean situation like in the old days

Reactions: Danny94

Danny94

Feb 11, 2012
Merano
@zgfg thank you very much for your answer.
May you can tell me if i should prepare anything to get the bootloader unlocked again easily or is it the same procedure like requesting the file from mi.com ?
And maybe you can tell me if i can flash eea or global rom aswell as i live in Italy/europe or china is required ?

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
May you can tell me if i should prepare anything to get the bootloader unlocked again easily or is it the same procedure like requesting the file from mi.com ?
And maybe you can tell me if i can flash eea or global rom aswell as i live in Italy/europe or china is required ?
I suppose your BL is unlocked since you were flashing.
You can check in Fastboot:
fastboot oem device-info

Regarding how to flash the fastboot firmwares, see (I didn't use myself):

Long ago, when I switched from stock to Xiaomi.eu, I switched from EEA (but AFAIK, Xiaomi.eu guides nowhere require to be coming specifically from EEA, Global, China, Russia)

Danny94

Feb 11, 2012
Merano
Yeah im unlocked, but if i recognize it correctly flashing stock will lock bootloader again.
Need to do further research tomorrow than if i can prevent that somehow ;).
Thanks.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Yeah im unlocked, but if i recognize it correctly flashing stock will lock bootloader again.
Thanks.
Take a look to the screenshot from Mi Flash in the guide, there is the option Clean all vs Clean all and lock

That is a common issue, people leave on default: Clean all and lock and if anything goes wrong while flashing (wrong firmware or something) they hard brick their phones and since they locked them, they cannot flash again (and must ask for the paid EDL support)

Danny94

Feb 11, 2012
Merano
Take a look to the screenshot from Mi Flash in the guide, there is the option Clean all vs Clean all and lock
Thank you so much for pointing that out, i surely have missed that.

If i can keep it unlocked may i stay at stock and will do a lot of debloating and optimization as i wont update it 👍.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Thanks.
    Flashing Xiaomi.eu will only replace the system. It's probably better that you first re-flash the complete stock, also MIUI 10/A 9, to have the clean situation like in the old days
    I suppose your BL is unlocked since you were flashing.
    You can check in Fastboot:
    fastboot oem device-info

Regarding how to flash the fastboot firmwares, see (I didn't use myself):

Long ago, when I switched from stock to Xiaomi.eu, I switched from EEA (but AFAIK, Xiaomi.eu guides nowhere require to be coming specifically from EEA, Global, China, Russia)
    Thanks.

That is a common issue, people leave on default: Clean all and lock and if anything goes wrong while flashing (wrong firmware or something) they hard brick their phones and since they locked them, they cannot flash again (and must ask for the paid EDL support)