Should I get MK808 or MK809 now?

Search This thread

toth42

Aug 25, 2009
Hey guys, what App does one need to recieve video-streaming from the pc's on same Wlan? I currently use PS3 mediaserver on the computers to stream to the ps3, and skifta on the phones to stream to the ps3.
What app do you use to recieve stream on the MK809 II?

marvi0

May 23, 2008
?
Yes,
i got the MK809 with 4GB. (Model HTC-T002-V0).
4GB is the only limitation so far. I already started using Apps2SD. Bluetooth would also be a nice option.

I have a 2nd MK809 Dongle here (same model) which has some glitches on the HDMI output. I will use this one to play around with Finless ROM and will try to get my USB-DVB-C running. But i will lose WiFi i think due to missing RTL8188 support.
Will report later.

Cheers

Am rooted, which version of apps2sd works please?

mattyinob

Aug 20, 2010
try this

Hey guys, what App does one need to recieve video-streaming from the pc's on same Wlan? I currently use PS3 mediaserver on the computers to stream to the ps3, and skifta on the phones to stream to the ps3.

I have a UG007 which is similar. I have successfully installed this and got it working. There are also XBMC apps on the android market that work as well. You need to set it up on you PC version too though..

Downloads: http://xbmc.org/download/

Install on your stick: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_for_Android

Good luck!

Andy3105

Jan 26, 2012
Hello,

I currently have a WDTV Live and am looking to replace it with either one of these android mini pc's running XBMC but my question is MK808B or MK809II - can't decide....

maxqc

Dec 4, 2007
Hello,

I currently have a WDTV Live and am looking to replace it with either one of these android mini pc's running XBMC but my question is MK808B or MK809II - can't decide....

Same here. I'm about to buy one and can't decide. I plan on installing a custom rom so the 808 might be better.

qepaxhiu

Feb 13, 2012
tirane
so which has a better wifi signal mk809II or mk808 cuz i have ordered mk809II and waiting for shipment and i am not planing to use ethernet cables so even it has low signal reception could i upgrade it with software update of by installing another rom?
Thanks.

srbutt

Mar 19, 2011
which one to buy?

now there are so many many sticks available, and after reading all the threads, also looking at products specs, its not easy to decide which one to go for.

I mainly want to use it for watching online TV channels/youtube and possibly XBMC to watch TV channels(not media). One with good wifi reception so the online media playing is not affected. Custom ROMs i know provide extra goodies so may be in future I might like to root it and put some custom rom on it.

I hope all of these provide same video/audio quality of 1080p.

looking for suggestions.

jimster32

Oct 26, 2011
now there are so many many sticks available, and after reading all the threads, also looking at products specs, its not easy to decide which one to go for.

I mainly want to use it for watching online TV channels/youtube and possibly XBMC to watch TV channels(not media). One with good wifi reception so the online media playing is not affected. Custom ROMs i know provide extra goodies so may be in future I might like to root it and put some custom rom on it.

I hope all of these provide same video/audio quality of 1080p.

looking for suggestions.

I have the MK809 and am very happy with it

frenchjdk

May 14, 2013
MK809 and VPN

Thanks for the explanation. It seems to me that it really depends on what the user wants to do afterall.

MK809 is flawless for watching/stream movies, while MK808 is more about experimenting with different features / custom rom etc.?
BTW, you got the MK809 right? Not the MK809II or MK809b? (sorry, there are so many different models, that I am confused already)

I have the MK809 but it will not support any of the VPN apps. I am hoping that there is a workaround if I root it. Have you tried VPN connection on your MK809 ? Thanks for any insight !:laugh:

coos lick

Sep 2, 2010
I've got the MK809, and have no problems with openvpn - free from the play store. The vpn I use had a guide how to configure it (private internet access) on thier forum.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Digital Zorro

Apr 15, 2011
I bought the MK808b the b stands for Bluetooth.
Everything works, but the app Veetle inst compatible for this one.
Anyone tried this app on it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-14-19-06-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-14-19-06-36.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 720

Scraniel

Jun 6, 2013
MK809ii and streaming 1080p

Can someone please give me a straight answer: :)
Can the MK809ii stream smooth 1080p (.mkv or whatever) from my home computer over the home network? And how does it handled XBMC?
:cyclops:

Manipur

Mar 4, 2012
Has anyone got hands on experience with the MK809 iii?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221238089124

Just ordered one and I'm hoping that it's rootable.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Best would be ES file explorer. If u r planning to stream videos only, BS player works well.
U don't need to install any client on your pc.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Nevilus

Jul 11, 2012
I got MK809 iii , realy nice device only thing that is not realy working as it should is netflix, i got it working with 2.1.1 version from xda with big subs but still there is a nit lag when streaming netflix, hope u guys got something that works beter, and realy wander is it posible to only root mk809 iii , and if it is plz tel me how to.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium

Manipur

Mar 4, 2012
Haven't rooted my device yet cos no one has posted a root zip file. What I wanna do is install sisaxis controller and play some really nice games on my tv. Hope someone roots it soon.
Installed XBMC but really slow. I just plug in all my HDD through powered hub, connect my Logitech Wireless keyboard and mouse and having fun watching all my movie collections on my tv.
If only the is an app where I can use my Note 2 camera and microphone to use it for skyping or we chatting, it'd be groovy.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

alexmoi

Nov 18, 2010
the best way i found to have videos on my android is install es file explorer on my device. then adding shared folders on my pc. Then again from device es file explorer in LAN press on NEW....enter the ip of the computer...DONT enter a username or pw...just check the anonymous box and enter whatever you want in display as. if you don't see folders you added (folders other then photo and video folder) go to your pc and make the folder charged for guest also

I use it on multiple pc's and android devices on windows 7 and android 2.3 to 4.2.2.

miodrag7

Feb 28, 2011
Hi, cen u help me what stick to bay. I have samsung 32eh5000 and which stick is the best for that tv mk808b, mk809 ili measy U2a?

Manipur

Mar 4, 2012
Hi, cen u help me what stick to bay. I have samsung 32eh5000 and which stick is the best for that tv mk808b, mk809 ili measy U2a?

If ur tv has hdmi u can use any if the android pc stick available. Go for th MK806 iii quad core 2gb ddr 3 ram with 8gb rom.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

bobtahar

Jun 17, 2009
Just bought MK808 with Android 4.2.2... come rooted just need to install super su.

Wifi connection full bar... since my wifi extender is near my TV.

Stream media thru UPNP capable router... full HD playing smoothly.

Install MediaHouse Pro to stream the media... use preinstalled eHomeMediaCenter rockchip video player.

The rockchip video player play full hd smoothly better than mxplayer.

YouTube is great and flash streaming also perfect (need to install flash first).

Last edited:

edward_Valarm

Sep 26, 2013
www.valarm.net
Got an MK808B a few months ago, been working well for me on a Samsung tv and monitor.

Quick bootup time, has the Play store, works fine with WiFi ADB Android development, and works with external USB OTG sensors for air quality, temperature, humidity, CO2, and more!

Cheers,
Edward.

I am new to android tv in general, and I am looking to buy my first android usb stick. I am wondering if you guys would recommend the MK808 or MK809?

So far, I read that the MK808 has amazing support - since many developers and programmers have it but it seems to have a few glitches here and there (wifi and bluebooth etc.)

And the MK809 - the latest in the series. All issues on 808 seems to be addressed, but the 809 lack of support and popularity..

Please share your inputs. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    and Hello to everyone.

Also bought the MK809 (T002)

- Runs smoothly without any glitches. Latest official FW installed from mk809.com
    If you update the FW dont flash the MK809II Firmware onto the MK809. TV-Dongle runs but some important functions will not work anymore.
    Have just tested it to see if i can get Bluetooth support for my MicroBluetooth dongle.

- Antutu 3.0.3 result without tweaking or overclocking: 7983 points

- Controlled by a mini Keyboard Rii mini i8 or the MK802iii remote client app from the PlayStore.

- Runs with my phone charger 5V/1A without problems. But to be on the safe side i also bought an extra 5V/2A power supply for 8bucks.

- Quickly rootable with Zhoudashi tool.

- MX Player shows all FullHD test-vids i tested from blender.org smoothly (Sintel / Tears of Steel)
    Resolution 1920/1080/60 using MX players new HW Decoder. Using HW+ i had system freezes causing me to power off the system.

- Cant say anything about digital audio output due to missing equipment. But check the MK809II thread, there is a discussion ongoing.

- Connected devices using a passive usb-hub: 1TB HDD, 16GB Key, RF-Keyboard, USB Gamepad

For sure you can find more custom roms out there for other models, like the MK808.
    I also cant say anything about the MK808 but for my needs (as a PC-replacement connected to a big screen :D) the MK809 serves perfect.

Cheers
    Hi,
    and Hello to everyone.

Also bought the MK809 (T002)

- Runs smoothly without any glitches. Latest official FW installed from mk809.com
    If you update the FW dont flash the MK809II Firmware onto the MK809. TV-Dongle runs but some important functions will not work anymore.
    Have just tested it to see if i can get Bluetooth support for my MicroBluetooth dongle.

- Antutu 3.0.3 result without tweaking or overclocking: 7983 points

- Controlled by a mini Keyboard Rii mini i8 or the MK802iii remote client app from the PlayStore.

- Runs with my phone charger 5V/1A without problems. But to be on the safe side i also bought an extra 5V/2A power supply for 8bucks.

- Quickly rootable with Zhoudashi tool.

- MX Player shows all FullHD test-vids i tested from blender.org smoothly (Sintel / Tears of Steel)
    Resolution 1920/1080/60 using MX players new HW Decoder. Using HW+ i had system freezes causing me to power off the system.

- Cant say anything about digital audio output due to missing equipment. But check the MK809II thread, there is a discussion ongoing.

- Connected devices using a passive usb-hub: 1TB HDD, 16GB Key, RF-Keyboard, USB Gamepad

For sure you can find more custom roms out there for other models, like the MK808.
    I also cant say anything about the MK808 but for my needs (as a PC-replacement connected to a big screen :D) the MK809 serves perfect.

Cheers

Thanks for the explanation. It seems to me that it really depends on what the user wants to do afterall.

MK809 is flawless for watching/stream movies, while MK808 is more about experimenting with different features / custom rom etc.?
    BTW, you got the MK809 right? Not the MK809II or MK809b? (sorry, there are so many different models, that I am confused already)
    I just got the MK808 and I pretty much love it. Plugged it in, messed around with the stock ROM that shipped with it (10 Jan build), then decided to go with Finless 1.6 for all the minor tweaks (e.g., power button being the most important) and I couldn't be happier.

Also, I only used it with the provided power supply for one hour. The very next day, I switched to a PS Vita charger as the power supply as I do not trust these Chinese chargers.

If you're leery of the stock ROM about having "hidden apps" or questionable apps, just install anti-spyware from the Market and run a scan. =) My initial scan came back clean.

Just my two cents. =)
    Have you tried streaming a movie from the Wifi? IMHO the wifi's in these devices are the achile's heels, still haven't decided what to do. I cba doing hw mods, too little time :)

My MK808 streamed a 4 GB MKV file just fine with no stuttering. =)

Speedtests showed no issues as well (i.e., 15 mbps down, about 1 mbps up). I get my maximum 54 mbps on the WIFI network as well (G network).

It's about 3-4 days of being left turned on now and still no issues. =D
    AW: Should I get MK808 or MK809 now?

Have you tried streaming a movie from the Wifi? IMHO the wifi's in these devices are the achile's heels, still haven't decided what to do. I cba doing hw mods, too little time :)

Depends on the source. SD works fine, 720p works good, 1080p no way over wlan for me (perfect signal strenght). It was a 17GB AC3 mkv and some others....

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 10 mit Tapatalk 2