Question Should I get the Pixel 5a or wait for the Pixel 6a?

Search This thread

baldybill

Aug 8, 2010
Verizon LG G3
LG V20
The Pixel 5a looks like it would be a great phone for my needs, but the pixel 6a will be coming out in May (probably) and I don't need a new phone until later in the year. What's your thoughts? Go for the 5a, or wait for the 6a?

my wife has the 5A and loves the battery life, almost 2 days, no issues. and the camera is very nice. This prompted me to try the 6 Pro. And I am very happy. I guess it comes down to features that you desire. once you know what you want, look to see which platform offers you the best bang for your buck. I am using the Pixel Pass and think its an awesome way to purchase aphone with Google. Saved me a few bucks a month since I didnt have to pay the higher cost of the add-ons singularly.

Reactions: baldybill

baldybill

Aug 8, 2010
Verizon LG G3
LG V20
Both phones would be fine for my needs. I'm wondering if the 5a and 6a will be as supported as the reg. 6 or 6pro - as for as XDA help, custom roms, etc.

Any thoughts?

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Both phones would be fine for my needs. I'm wondering if the 5a and 6a will be as supported as the reg. 6 or 6pro - as for as XDA help, custom roms, etc.

Any thoughts?
I think just as mich as say, the Pixel 5..
If the 6a isn't to my likeing, which I'm sure it won't, I'l be grabbing the 5a.. My back camera glass is cracked on the 5, it's not really worth the $100-$150 to fix,, considering the 4a/5a prices.. I like to have a backup device incase I ever decide to build a test ROM. I came from Anroid 7 to Android 11. Won't make the mistake of holding off again.
I LOVE my Pixel 5. I know I'll like the 5a. I'm hoping the 6a has everything ironed out, as I really hate Android 12.

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
I have had the 5a since December. Did the trade in program since Google was offering generous trade in values ar the time. Coming from P3XL it's a nice upgrade. I paid 329.00 after trade in. The Battery life is amazing. I charge it about every 3 days. Camera is good but doesn't seem any better then my P3XL. Phone reception during calls does seem to be improved. Overall very happy with it.

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I guess it also depends on what you think of the Pixel 6, and how closely they will resemble each other.
I personally hate the design and think the 5a is a better looking device.
We'll see!

Reactions: dungm and baldybill

dave2775

Sep 5, 2012
Google Pixel 5a
Battery life blows I don't know how people are getting 2-3 days worth. I barely get a day with moderate use. I'm likely getting the OnePlus 10 when it comes out in the US.

Reactions: andybones

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any thoughts?
    I think just as mich as say, the Pixel 5..
    If the 6a isn't to my likeing, which I'm sure it won't, I'l be grabbing the 5a.. My back camera glass is cracked on the 5, it's not really worth the $100-$150 to fix,, considering the 4a/5a prices.. I like to have a backup device incase I ever decide to build a test ROM. I came from Anroid 7 to Android 11. Won't make the mistake of holding off again.
    I LOVE my Pixel 5. I know I'll like the 5a. I'm hoping the 6a has everything ironed out, as I really hate Android 12.
    I have had the 5a since December. Did the trade in program since Google was offering generous trade in values ar the time. Coming from P3XL it's a nice upgrade. I paid 329.00 after trade in. The Battery life is amazing. I charge it about every 3 days. Camera is good but doesn't seem any better then my P3XL. Phone reception during calls does seem to be improved. Overall very happy with it.
    I guess it also depends on what you think of the Pixel 6, and how closely they will resemble each other.
    We'll see!
    We'll see!
    Agree, my colleagues sold me 5a for newly 6 and he regret of the design and outlook.
    my wife has the 5A and loves the battery life, almost 2 days, no issues. and the camera is very nice. This prompted me to try the 6 Pro. And I am very happy. I guess it comes down to features that you desire. once you know what you want, look to see which platform offers you the best bang for your buck. I am using the Pixel Pass and think its an awesome way to purchase aphone with Google. Saved me a few bucks a month since I didnt have to pay the higher cost of the add-ons singularly.