• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Should I install custom rom on my new phone?

Search This thread

Prabhgill96

Aug 10, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
how much difference does it make if I install custom. I have pretty good experience so far with miui and I like it because it have many features and customisations. Which custom rom would you recommend me to install.

jefffrom

Oct 19, 2016
With the search function of the form your question is already been answered

how much difference does it make if I install custom. I have pretty good experience so far with miui and I like it because it have many features and customisations. Which custom rom would you recommend me to install.
If you like Stock MIUI, you'll like the Xiaomi.eu Custom ROMs. They provide the latest MIUI straight from the China ROMs (they always get updates first) + Improvements + it's debloated. Xiaomi.eu also provides Weekly ROMs (Beta builds), with updates every week.

Reactions: Robert314

DaRdamnDoG

May 23, 2017
Let's do it. I just requested the manufacturer to unlock my bootloader.

@dreamytom so is it true about the 168 hours myth? I have already broken the queue 4 times.

pedrowood

Jan 15, 2017
I'd totally recommend flashing a custom, when I flashed arrow os I noticed how it was way better than miui on an overall level.

DaRdamnDoG

May 23, 2017
Yeah, I think most developers are Indians now, but most of design are not far different. In my experience, very bad support too.

DaRdamnDoG

May 23, 2017
You do have to wait 1 Week to unlock the bootloader after the request ^^
And it sucks because theres no timer you can check, too many misleading guides and tutorials in some Indian websites, even the Mi forum they don't mention about it. I don't see the reason to keep it as a secret, but moderators don't seem to care.

And it sucks because theres no timer you can check, too many misleading guides and tutorials in some Indian websites, even the Mi forum they don't mention about it. I don't see the reason to keep it as a secret, but moderators don't seem to care.
No, I think you misunderstand.

Firstly, you have to request a Bootloader Unlock using Mi Unlock. It'll tell you the countdown (which will be 6 days and 23 hours).

DaRdamnDoG

May 23, 2017
No, I think you misunderstand.

Firstly, you have to request a Bootloader Unlock using Mi Unlock. It'll tell you the countdown (which will be 6 days and 23 hours).
I have requested it says I havee to wait for a total of 168 hours, right? It says I better not press it again or it will reset to default 168 hours. It won't tell you "You have remaining 24 hours to go" the next time you press unlock.

I have requested it says I havee to wait for a total of 168 hours, right? It says I better not press it again or it will reset to default 168 hours. It won't tell you "You have remaining 24 hours to go" the next time you press unlock.
No, it won't reset, don't listen to such people.
Back when I unlocked mine I checked a few times during the countdown, and it would say "Error: X hours remaining" or something like that. So I think it really does show the countdown. ^^

DaRdamnDoG

May 23, 2017
Back when I unlocked mine I checked a few times during the countdown, and it would say "Error: X hours remaining" or something like that. So I think it really does show the countdown. ^^
Well, you can't blame them as their translation from Chinese is indeed rather confusing. Anyway, I got mine reset because I had itchy hands to play around with it and something went wrong so I had to hard reset it, I think if you logout from the device then it will reset, right?

kryptonify

Nov 15, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
If you like miui then stick with it why go through the hassle of installing another rom, install xiaomieu its better than stock miui. If you really want to try custom roms, i recommend try evolutionX.

DaRdamnDoG

May 23, 2017
I assure u it will reset. I have tried it myself
HAHAHA, I actually dont even felt like doing the 168 hours anymore, probably keeping it locked in case I don't get stuck trying to use for official procedures. But man, I must admit XiaoMi devs are such dirty bastards, I mean they do not have any sort of tidyness. Do you know where they keep the themes? Where should i place the .mtz theme file I downloaded? I hope it does not require me to unpack it and insert to each folder respectively.

keyoke87

Jun 30, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Apple iPhone 12
HAHAHA, I actually dont even felt like doing the 168 hours anymore, probably keeping it locked in case I don't get stuck trying to use for official procedures. But man, I must admit XiaoMi devs are such dirty bastards, I mean they do not have any sort of tidyness. Do you know where they keep the themes? Where should i place the .mtz theme file I downloaded? I hope it does not require me to unpack it and insert to each folder respectively.
The 168 hours wait is just pure stupid. But u can actually request it first and don't unlock. Just leave it there

DaRdamnDoG

May 23, 2017
The 168 hours wait is just pure stupid. But u can actually request it first and don't unlock. Just leave it there
I actually didn't literally touch it, I just accidentally screw up by uninstalling some apps with weird names (first time XiaoMi user) It is shocking when I compared to XiaoMi with 400 preinstalled apps total and my HUAWEI only had just a little over 200. Now I'm trying to look around finding where got answers to MIUI theming mechanism. I dont know where they place it its just invnisible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you like Stock MIUI, you'll like the Xiaomi.eu Custom ROMs. They provide the latest MIUI straight from the China ROMs (they always get updates first) + Improvements + it's debloated. Xiaomi.eu also provides Weekly ROMs (Beta builds), with updates every week.
    Can use mi unlock tool to attempt to unlock, it will show the countdown timer there
    I assure u it will reset. I have tried it myself