• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

should i update my s6 to 5.1.1?

Search This thread

abi_sam

Sep 26, 2013
i didnt get the ota update but when i connected to Smart Switch it shows the 5.1.1 update..... what do i do?????
update it or no :confused:

Fullmetal Jun

Sep 10, 2013
Camp Kidney
i didnt get the ota update but when i connected to Smart Switch it shows the 5.1.1 update..... what do i do?????

Don't update! The battery life of the preinstalled stock ROM is a little better as is the case in almost all smartphones.
I wished I didn't update, but the thing downloaded the update automatically :(
Nothing wrong with 5.1, but I find 5.0 battery life is better!

Don't update! The battery life of the preinstalled stock ROM is a little better as is the case in almost all smartphones.
I wished I didn't update, but the thing downloaded the update automatically :(
Nothing wrong with 5.1, but I find 5.0 battery life is better!

I find 5.1 battery life to be not too bad.

If you're willing to forgo all the patches, updates and improved RAM just for the sake of battery life, be my guest.

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Yeah definitely update the phone. When I first got it the phone was very laggy compared to my m8 but with the update it's gotten better. Don't get me wrong, it still has its lags here and there but not nearly as much as before

Sent from my SM-G920T using XDA Free mobile app

dlotters

Oct 31, 2006
Sydney
Holding back on installing the update doesn't make sense to me.

The update includes various features, improvements, tweaks and fixes. Why wouldn't you apply it?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

ethanscooter

Jun 21, 2014
Somewhere out there.
You can root 5.1.1 but some roms aren't updated to 5.1.1 so you won't be able to flash them due to the new bootloader also once you go to 5.1.1 there is no going back to 5.0.2 due to the new bootloader so I would just use a 5.1.1 ROM unless that has WiFi issues for you then just update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Might as well update, it's batter than 5.0.2 was IMO

5.1.1 adds RAW image support. It also has a flurry of bug fixes and security patches. As long as you don't care about root I would say go for it.