Should I upfrade to 4.1.2 ?

Search This thread

naruto.ninjakid

Jun 4, 2012
Hey guys I just got the notidication for 4.1.2 and wa wondering should I update ? Did you guys notice and problems ? Is battery life worse ? Or do you guys reccomend the update ? Is it rootable as well ? Thanks

So far im in love :D:)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

xxjrsmith3xx

Aug 15, 2011
Corona
yes upgrade well worth it not sure about battery drain right now I have 1 day 20hrs 16% and 4hrs 40min screen time so yeah , with root all I did was get mobile odin , works like a charm.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

westkhalifa13

Dec 11, 2012
I would recommend to wait unless you want your phones battery to drain so quick . Not many new features if you ask me I would wait ...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

naruto.ninjakid

Jun 4, 2012
I wanted it for the capability to change the toggles in the notification bar and I wasn't ready to root just yet :(

Myst3ry

Jan 13, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
www.lopezfx.com
No it doesn't.

it does.... theres some sort of bug with the Kernel if not done right or something. I didn't use my tmobile note 2 too much before the update (since i was still on Sprint at the time) but when i did start using it, battery life was good, i then upgraded, and with VERY minimal use, everything ato turned off, and being aware of when i had bads signal so i can switch to just wifi, it would last just as long as my gf's Nexus 4.... BUT i wiped EVERYTHING in recovery (Data, System, cache, etc.) did a clean install, and it works MUCH better

IAmSixNine

Aug 24, 2010
Dallas
www.falkenmobile.com
Mine seems to be doing well after the update.
same data speeds at my office as prior to the update.

Question to the people who have battery life issues. Do you power cycle your phone?
I got in the habit of power cycling my previous android devices some time ago. Usually in the morning when i first get up ill power cycle it, then while im getting ready for work it has time to settle down. (refering to the media sync bug that was on my GS2 and GS3) Yesterday i forgot to power cycle my note 2 and i noticed that i did have higher then normal battery drain. But that was on day 2. The day before, which was after a power cycle it was just fine. Next day with no power cycle coming off over night charge it drained a lot faster throughout the day. I power cycled this morning and going to see if its back to normal good battery life by the end of today.

So my question is, do the people who are NOT having an issue with battery life power cycle once every 24 hours?
Do the people who ARE having battery issues NOT power cycling and are on say, day 2, 3, 4 or longer since a power cycle?

Myst3ry

Jan 13, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
www.lopezfx.com
Mine seems to be doing well after the update.
same data speeds at my office as prior to the update.

Question to the people who have battery life issues. Do you power cycle your phone?
I got in the habit of power cycling my previous android devices some time ago. Usually in the morning when i first get up ill power cycle it, then while im getting ready for work it has time to settle down. (refering to the media sync bug that was on my GS2 and GS3) Yesterday i forgot to power cycle my note 2 and i noticed that i did have higher then normal battery drain. But that was on day 2. The day before, which was after a power cycle it was just fine. Next day with no power cycle coming off over night charge it drained a lot faster throughout the day. I power cycled this morning and going to see if its back to normal good battery life by the end of today.

So my question is, do the people who are NOT having an issue with battery life power cycle once every 24 hours?
Do the people who ARE having battery issues NOT power cycling and are on say, day 2, 3, 4 or longer since a power cycle?

Power Cycling as in just turning off and on after a few minutes? I did do that, not sure about others. I also treated it as a whole new ROM in regards to battery and stats taking time to "settle", but the battery was still bad until i did the absolute clean install

IAmSixNine

Aug 24, 2010
Dallas
www.falkenmobile.com
Correct, i power off my phone, leave it off anywhere from a minute to five or ten minutes.
usually i wake up, power off phone, brush teeth and put in contacts, turn on phone, take a shower and get ready for work, pull phone off charger right before i walk out the door.
I did notice worse battery yesterday. I also had a lot less usage yesterday then i did the previous few days and weekend. the only thing i did different was use the phone less and forget to power cycle it.

Myst3ry

Jan 13, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
www.lopezfx.com
Correct, i power off my phone, leave it off anywhere from a minute to five or ten minutes.
usually i wake up, power off phone, brush teeth and put in contacts, turn on phone, take a shower and get ready for work, pull phone off charger right before i walk out the door.
I did notice worse battery yesterday. I also had a lot less usage yesterday then i did the previous few days and weekend. the only thing i did different was use the phone less and forget to power cycle it.

yeah i have a habit of doing that everyday, if not every other day. either way though, you shouldn't have to do this lol

pierrekid

Oct 23, 2010
Haven't had any issues with the update. Speeds are great, no lag all. Nothing is wrong. The people who seem to have problems were either rooted before the update or tried flashing the update manually via a downloaded package either here on xda or somewhere online. My note is still perfect!

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone