Question Should I upgrade to S21U or S22+?

Search This thread

Stygulator

Jun 30, 2022
Hi, first of all, I’m sorry if I post this thread on the wrong section. I’m new around here and still kinda learning the rope here. Please don’t be mad :)

So I’m planning to retire my old phone, S5, after nearly 7 years of service (yeah, I really love it). I went to Samsung to check out some new phones and to salvage whatever left on my S5. Based on my budget and my needs, they showed me S22+. To my surprise, they still sell S21U with a very alluring discount. Practically the same price with S22+.

My main preference lies on the camera. Okay, I know they are on a different level based on hardwares alone. But I believe that the software do play an important part in the final image. I used camera a lot on my old phone, especially on night time, with low light and such, and Samsung guys told me that S22+ have improved night time processing they dubbed nightography. So what do you guys think, would S22+ be better than their predecessor, yet better hardware, S21U? On the side note, I do prefer vivid color rather than natural approach. Lastly, thanks for your time reading on this thread. Would really appreciate your help :)

Hi, first of all, I’m sorry if I post this thread on the wrong section. I’m new around here and still kinda learning the rope here. Please don’t be mad :)

So I’m planning to retire my old phone, S5, after nearly 7 years of service (yeah, I really love it). I went to Samsung to check out some new phones and to salvage whatever left on my S5. Based on my budget and my needs, they showed me S22+. To my surprise, they still sell S21U with a very alluring discount. Practically the same price with S22+.

My main preference lies on the camera. Okay, I know they are on a different level based on hardwares alone. But I believe that the software do play an important part in the final image. I used camera a lot on my old phone, especially on night time, with low light and such, and Samsung guys told me that S22+ have improved night time processing they dubbed nightography. So what do you guys think, would S22+ be better than their predecessor, yet better hardware, S21U? On the side note, I do prefer vivid color rather than natural approach. Lastly, thanks for your time reading on this thread. Would really appreciate your help :)
Definitely go with the S21U if the only other alternative is the S22+, especially since your major preference is camera. The S21U camera array (almost identical to the S21U) is one of the most versatile setups on any phone today, especially if you are someone who likes to play around with different lenses.