• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

Show us your Gear Watch Face

Gossieur

Feb 11, 2014
Cartier.wgt

I finally succeeded in converting some earler watches from wstheme to wgt !!
Hereby the Black Cartier
Sideload with SDK :)

This watch face has been removed due to a DMCA takedown request from Richemont International Limited. Do not re-post. - XDA Admins

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: re-2007

Gossieur

Feb 11, 2014
Panerai.wgt

And here is the Panerai ...
If someone can add the date at " 3 o' clock" it would be awfull ... This is the only thing I haven't figured out so far.

This watch face has been removed due to a DMCA takedown request from Richemont International Limited. Do not re-post. - XDA Admins

Last edited by a moderator:

Blanco954

Jun 8, 2008
Is my first theme more complex ,I hope you won't take offense Fritxx and OpenMind_NL , we have copied and changed a few items in their themes.
Theme TakashiMurakami .
Are these new themes meant for Tinzen or Android? I have avoided the update because I am a big fan of the contributions of @motive, @fritxx, @OpenMind_NL, @maximus etc... I am hoping that when they make the transition over to Tinzen (if ever) we still have their awesome themes on our Gear v1.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

likearaptor

Jul 2, 2008
Are these new themes meant for Tinzen or Android? I have avoided the update because I am a big fan of the contributions of @motive, @fritxx, @OpenMind_NL, @maximus etc... I am hoping that when they make the transition over to Tinzen (if ever) we still have their awesome themes on our Gear v1.

I think we will have no problems getting the themes on Tizen. Whether they ate wgt or wstheme files there will be a way. I personally am going to ditch watch styler and remake the themes I like as native watches with 1% battery increments and other system functions/shortcuts. Battery life is better on tizen with the same themes

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Blanco954

Jun 8, 2008
I think we will have no problems getting the themes on Tizen. Whether they ate wgt or wstheme files there will be a way. I personally am going to ditch watch styler and remake the themes I like as native watches with 1% battery increments and other system functions/shortcuts. Battery life is better on tizen with the same themes

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback, how does one go about making wstheme's Tinzen compatible? If not ported by the OP like @motive, @fritxx, @OpenMind_NL? I was under the impression wstheme's are not Tinzen compatible. Please excused my ignorance I have tried to do my own research but so far I am wary of taking the update.

Gossieur

Feb 11, 2014
Thanks for the feedback, how does one go about making wstheme's Tinzen compatible? If not ported by the OP like @motive, @fritxx, @OpenMind_NL? I was under the impression wstheme's are not Tinzen compatible. Please excused my ignorance I have tried to do my own research but so far I am wary of taking the update.

It took me half a day to convert my first wstheme to wgt ...
You have to use Tizen Wearable SDK, make a new project, and paste the old images from the theme in the project on Tizen
These wgt files can be sideloaded with SDK

the command is "sdb install xxx.wgt"

I found most of my knowlegde in this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2734746&page=1

Last edited:
Reactions: aznmode

Gossieur

Feb 11, 2014
BellRoss.wgt

These wgt files can be sideloaded to our gear1 Tizen.

Here's anoher one I converted tonight ...
I also joined the project file ...
Feel free to experiment with the javascript.

Looking forward to find some of your realisations soon !

Attachments

Reactions: valaka

likearaptor

Jul 2, 2008
It took me half a day to convert my first wstheme to wgt ...
You have to use Tizen Wearable SDK, make a new project, and paste the old images from the theme in the project on Tizen
These wgt files can be sideloaded with SDK

the command is "sdb install xxx.wgt"

I found most of my knowlegde in this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2734746&page=1
For analog themes it should be fairly pretty easy to convert to wgt files, once you have a project create you just drop in new images for background and hands and then give it a new package name and create a wgt file. The wgt files are just like wstheme files, where if you add .zip to the name of the file you can extract it and make changes and then zip it back up. So technically you should be able to replace the images inside a wgt without the whole sdk/ide apps, but you need to change the preview image, the package name, and maybe one or two other things. Otherwise when you go to install the wgt to your watch and you had a previous analog clock with the same package it will just update it and not add it as a new clock.

Some really cool items that wgt has over wstheme is you can have animated GIFs :D, you can poll the battery and get 1% increments, you can add click events where if you touch the clock it can do different things (like change color, 12/14hr, or possibly launch other apps), and you position your elements (text / images) by pixel not by the big blocks like in WatchStyler, so you have more precise control.

I bet someone could write a simple app (.exe) where you pass in a wstheme, and it could extract it and based on calculations on the grid, fonts, items, and images, it could create a .wgt on the fly. That would be awesome :), but it might be more work than what it's worth. I will be trying to convert my favorite wsthemes to wgt, but I am not the greatest programmer and I wonder if the authors of the wsthemes would mind? I wold think not as long as credit is given to the original author.

Where everything is moving to be Tizen, it makes you wonder if some of these cool features of standard clocks on Tizen will trickle down to WatchStyler? It is nice to b able to download tons of wsthemes on your phone and be able to switch from 100's of themes. With the wgt files you need to hook the watch to your computer to install them, but wgt files let you see a ton of watches on the watch itself and you don't have to use your phone to change what your style is.

Jeshter2000

Aug 24, 2010
Is there someone that can help Gearfaces out. To make how to videos??? Of the normal way and wgt way. And if possible when using multi watch. You will be compensated.....

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: tchitchicruise

not_xd

Jun 6, 2014
If 12:00 had a face I would punch it

Based on a Pebble watch I saw yesterday, I created a similar one. Edit: fixed the issue I was having and it is now 100%

Ps. Just rename the 7z file to .wstheme and you can load it using the watchstyler app as you would one of their stock watch faces.

(I found that if you open the wstheme file with 7zip and simply drag and drop the files in Watch Styler can still load it)

Attachments

Last edited:

kashortiexda

Jan 12, 2011
here are a collection of analogue watch faces in .wgt format - they originate from www.gearfaces.com ( thanks to @Jeshter2000 / Martin )

I take no credit for the original design (although I have done a few on gearfaces ) but mainly legends like @fritxx, @OpenMind_NL , @server5 , @motive etc

I just converted 18 of them from wstheme to .wgt for those on Tizen Gear 1
There are a few others in the zip from other forum posts ( I added them for ease of finding )

to install with Tizen SDK...
eg
sdb install UBoat_B9K973yWl7.wgt

to uninstall same watch
sdb uninstall B9K973yWl7 ( each uninstall code appears after the name of the watch eg UBoat_B9K973yWl7

Now we just gotta figure out how to add digital dates to the analogue hands... then we're in business

Enjoy !

Attachments

Gossieur

Feb 11, 2014
here are a collection of analogue watch faces in .wgt format - they originate from www.gearfaces.com ( thanks to @Jeshter2000 / Martin )

I take no credit for the original design (although I have done a few on gearfaces ) but mainly legends like @fritxx, @OpenMind_NL , @server5 , @motive etc

There are a few others in the zip from other forum posts ( I added them for ease of finding )

eg

to uninstall same watch
sdb uninstall B9K973yWl7 ( each uninstall code appears after the name of the watch eg UBoat_B9K973yWl7

Now we just gotta figure out how to add digital dates to the analogue hands... then we're in business

Enjoy !
Gerat work !!
The attached project (not my credits) contain all the necessary elements, like digtal time/date, bluetooth; battery etc...
However; it does not have an image folder.
I only accomplished to change the background, and the position and colours of the date ...

Maybe you can parse the 2 together to add features :)

Attachments

Reactions: likearaptor

likearaptor

Jul 2, 2008

eg

to uninstall same watch

Enjoy !
Thanks a bunch. I am going to try to convert some this weekend too! Here is a watch in .wgt form, extract the contents and look at the main.js in the js folder and copy and paste sections to add to yours or use this one as a base and add images/hands.

Attachments

Jeshter2000

Aug 24, 2010
Based on a Pebble watch I saw yesterday, I created a similar one. I may have a little issue with the digital clock because it is right justified. I have tried correcting it but was experiencing a few issues and will try again later but thought I would share nonetheless.

Ps. Just rename the 7z file to .wstheme and you can load it using the watchstyler app as you would one of their stock watch faces.

(I found that if you open the wstheme file with 7zip and simply drag and drop the files in Watch Styler can still load it)
Did you register on Gearfaces.com so I can post this awesome face on GearFaces.com

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone