Shut down BUG

Search This thread

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
Hello , I have this strange problem with my HD2. Whenever I hold down the shut down button and when the menu for choosing between Power off ; lock device etc. appears , when I select POWER OFF the phone doesn`t really POWER OFF it just restarts. I can`t get my phone to completely shut down without taking the battery off. And when I put the battery the phone automaticly starts without having to long press the shut down button.
Someone have that problem too ?
I`m using 1.48.479.1 ROM ... I don`t remember having this problem before, but I really haven`t switched off my phone completely, so I really don`t remember.
Please help !
Thank you in advanced !
Hard RESET didn`t fix the issue !!!

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Hello , I have this strange problem with my HD2. Whenever I hold down the shut down button and when the menu for choosing between Power off ; lock device etc. appears , when I select POWER OFF the phone doesn`t really POWER OFF it just restarts. I can`t get my phone to completely shut down without taking the battery off. And when I put the battery the phone automaticly starts without having to long press the shut down button.
Someone have that problem too ?
I`m using 1.48.479.1 ROM ... I don`t remember having this problem before, but I really haven`t switched off my phone completely, so I really don`t remember.
Please help !
Thank you in advanced !
Hard RESET didn`t fix the issue !!!

I just tried it on mine, and I can shut down with no problem.

To be honest, that sounds like a hardware issue, rather than a software issue. (The fact that a hard reset didn't change it makes me think that!)

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
Tested it on ALL ROMs .... 1.43 ; 1.49 ; 1.61 TUR.
Same in all 3 ROMs ... the strangest thing it that when I shut it down for the first time , let`s say after Software update it powers off as normal. But after that I can`t get it powered off no mather what I do.
How can that be a HARDWARE ISSUE ?
Please help !!!

c0rp1

Nov 18, 2009
At least if someone knows if there is a registry for the power options in HD2, so I can change something and try if it will work ?