[SHW-M250*] Korean Galaxy SII M250S / M250K / M250L Users

Search This thread

IceRapture

Mar 5, 2013
Seoul
Anyone here knows how I can get the Korean dictionary from the Korean devices to another ROM/firmware?

Yes, sort of...

I use the Korean dictionaries quite often here in Seoul,
the dictionaries in the Korean phones are just apps, not really integrated in the ROM/Firmware. although I have not done it, I have run across several apps that (said) they will rebuild the .APK file. If i remember correctly, those apps are BlackMart Alpha, and Lucky Patcher. Others might do it also...

but a more simple way is to just download the Korean dictionary apps. the dictionary with all Korean galaxy phones is called YBM DioDict by Diotek.
You can pay for it on Google Play, or steal it from BlackMart and/or Aptoide

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=DIOTEK+Co.,+Ltd

Reactions: dwie

dwie

Jan 30, 2013
Yes, sort of...

I use the Korean dictionaries quite often here in Seoul,
the dictionaries in the Korean phones are just apps, not really integrated in the ROM/Firmware. although I have not done it, I have run across several apps that (said) they will rebuild the .APK file. If i remember correctly, those apps are BlackMart Alpha, and Lucky Patcher. Others might do it also...

but a more simple way is to just download the Korean dictionary apps. the dictionary with all Korean galaxy phones is called YBM DioDict by Diotek.
You can pay for it on Google Play, or steal it from BlackMart and/or Aptoide

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=DIOTEK+Co.,+Ltd

Wow thought I would never get a reply on this question :).

I tried the one that came with stock M250K. Using TB, I made a backup of the stock dictionary app, then flashed my phone to a I9100 and restore the app from TB. The problem is that the app says that my device (now the I9100 instead of M250K) is not supported.

I found another one on Play Store which is really good, but expensive. I'll try to find it in BlackMart or other stores :). Thanks!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daolsoft.ybmeke&feature=search_result

alhounos

Mar 12, 2012
Your posts have been very helpful Robert. I remember when I first got my phone a year ago only to look it up on XDA and discover it was the one variant that was basically un-hackable. I just happened to check this thread again and thanks to you my formerly despised U+ SII is now rooted.

Just out of curiosity, where you studying?

저는 연세대 다녀오고 있어요. I bet that was rough. Haven't been studying Korean at all lately.:silly:

opusdeigner

Jul 26, 2012
Paranaque City
Yes, on the latest (build 3) with stock CM kernel. It is an AOSP ROM.

Its confirmed then..we can now flash our phone to 4.2.2 custom ROMs (CM,AOKP, and AOSP)..just choose and pick your favorite..flash away guys and enjoy...btw...update on Jellybam V7...Dori 9.13 is amazing...having no FC except for the youtube problem ROM issue,no Freezes, and running smoothly..still testing and tweaking...and configurating preferences...later!

Last edited:

IceRapture

Mar 5, 2013
Seoul
Your posts have been very helpful Robert. I remember when I first got my phone a year ago only to look it up on XDA and discover it was the one variant that was basically un-hackable. I just happened to check this thread again and thanks to you my formerly despised U+ SII is now rooted.
Just out of curiosity, where you studying?
저는 연세대 다녀오고 있어요. I bet that was rough. Haven't been studying Korean at all lately.:silly:

아니예요~
작년에 나도 그렇게 생각했어...
내 게시물이 좋아하면 thanks를 누르세요 :)
난 한양대 국제학부 다니고있어
나도 한국어 잘 못 해...

I can only take credit for putting some of what I found and experienced in one place. It took a few days of searching, and my own trial and error, but the real credit goes to the Devs who work all the magic.

PS. Have some fun w/ your Korean friends; ask for their Galaxy (any model) phones, type *#0*# in the phone keypad to get to the test screen, click the vibration test and hand it back to them saying their phone is broken and you're not sure what happened :p (I do this after I click "Show Screen Updates" in Settings -> Dev Opts). photo-worthy reactions often ensue.

-Robert

jun1662

Feb 8, 2013
Antipolo City
JellyBean 4.2.2 CM10.1 nightlies

If this will help, I have been using the latest release of CM10.1 based on stock CM kernel for almost a month now and I am very satisfied based on the following 2 criterias: UI and stability (no crash, locked screens, hangs and other sort of issues) and I can attest to the fact that this ROM is very stable. My unit is M250K and the only thing missing is the use of FM,this to my knowledge, my unit is not equipped with FM chip but on the otherhand provided with TV chips used for domestic korea TV frequencies. The CM10.1 is being updated daily or nightly (daily updates were termed nightlies). As a rookie in rooting, this is my first attempt and am very happy with the result. I can now customize my phone the way I prefer in terms of usage and functional priorities.

I use the phone as my daily service using voice calls, sms, gps for navigation, and other sort of functions and apps installed to the unit. My unit now is recognized I9100 and updated to 4.2,2 jellybean. Comparing this old I9100 to my Iphone5, I am happier using it because of better user interface. Losing the FM is no big deal for me considering the other gains. I have tried other roms; AOKP, Super Nexus, Pacman etc including the official 4.1.2 sammy releases with touchwiz launchers and the CM 10.1 in my experience is better in terms of snappyness, battery life and RAM demands.

No issues so far (fingers crossed) so try it. This makes the I9100 new again LOL

krishanmw

Apr 13, 2013
Kegalle
galaxy s 2 m250k firmware update error

i tried to update firmware using kies but when i m updating some error coming from korean word i can't understad it ,i ll post that error pleas help me Untitled.png

VajeenK

Jan 18, 2012
weak vibration

UPDATE: Hi! I can confirm that 4.2.2 Custom Builds can now run on Korean Galaxy S II that are converted to i9100..CM team have fix the blobs and now It boots on our phone.just check if the ROM you are flashing are AOKP and CM10.1 based..see if its the latest build..I cannot confirm on AOSP builds but 4.2.2 that are based on those will run on our phones.Im running jellybam 7.3.0 that is CM based..will flash dori or modded Siyah V5 by rush later for testing...flash away and have fun!! Will update you guys on the performance and bugs of 4.2.2 on our phones..later!

you have weak vibration when you are on custom kernels right? or is there a fix?

opusdeigner

Jul 26, 2012
Paranaque City
you have weak vibration when you are on custom kernels right? or is there a fix?

It dont mind having weak vibrations,I can always change the intensity on settings.Just Go to Advanced, choose Haptic and change Vibration intensity..

My assessment on 4.2.2 Custom builds..
Tried PACman,Jellybam,Rootbox,CM10.1 (Dual booting)
Its been a week and loving 4.2.2..the only downside is the battery drain,which can drain your battery from 100% to 0 in less than 3 Hours..The problem lies with the wakelocks and autorun apps everytime you boot your phone..its not the Custom ROMS fault its Google's fault.4.2.2 is still not complete, AOKP just release milestone which have a lot of tweaks and bug fixes and CM team is updating weekly..Its your choice but I'll stick with 4.2.2..and this will be the last Android update for my beloved S2 so before I put her into retirement and move to XZ, I'll give her all the love that android has to offer to her. Peace!

jhempelayo

Apr 20, 2013
I would try Kies again if I were you. I think Kies a little more simple when it works, ~3 clicks and walk away while it downloads and installs everything. (don't forget to read the parts of fully charged battery, remove any microSD cards, don't touch it until completely done...)

I too constantly have issues with the Kies software, but only after after an update to the software. My solution has been to completely uninstall Kies (including drivers), restart my laptop, reinstall Kies, and it's good to go. (had to do this yesterday for upgrading my professor's Galaxy Note1)

Afterwards, you would probably like to root your phone? the Tegrak kernel worked very well for my SHW-M250L running 4.1.2 MB2 (you can see what I went through ~5 pages back). Some great advantages to the tegrak kernel are his app support and ability to overclock, underclock and even unroot your phone easily through the tegrak apps.

Since you and likely many other can't read Korean, The steps to root your Korean GS2 are;
- 1 Download the .tar Tegrak Kernel from the developer's blog (link posted below)
- 2 flash using Odin
- 3 install the Tegrak Kernel app from Google Play store to your phone
- 4 click "Enable Rooting" in the Tegrak Kernel app on your phone
Done

This works for all 3 Korean GSII phones - M250S/K/L on Jelly Bean MB2.
You can download the Tegrak Kernel for SHW-M250L, K, and S here: pspmaster . tistory . com/118
(apparently I can't post a real link until my 10th post... sorry)

You'll want to scroll down the page to the file downloads, just before the posts and comments section, you'll be looking for
" *갤럭시S2 LGU+ SHW-M250L " (Ctrl+F on the Korean page, copy/paste that into your search box, click find next)
and download the .tar file

You may notice that the M250S and K files are MB2, and the M250L files are MB1.
There was a lot of concern over this in Korean posts and comments, though I tried it anyway and was successful.
you can even still find my post on that site where I explained that the M250L MB1 worked for the MB2 upgraded phones (it's the only post in English near the bottom of the page)

I hope this helps, and Goodluck!
-Robert

im a newbie in android-rooting and never been tried to root
maybe this one is my first time to my first android M250L - actually the phone feature is not working in my country
im only using it for entertainment and very happy about
but not on its gingerbread :(
Your post is really the only clear i can understand when i searched google and the reason i joined xda

After midterms I'm going to look into making my own rom for a fun challenge. I want to see if I can make one that displays all usage statistics, battery life, and all the sensor information in pie charts and real time graphs, plus show the list of background processes as a wallpaper, and has the start sequence in terminal on startup, instead of an animation.

That all being said, the JellyBam rom seems to be popular...
But the RootBox rom seems to be what you are looking for androidsfinest. o r g/rootbox-v3-9-1-review-best-jelly-bean-rom/#!prettyPhoto
im looking forward for this:D

thanks a lot
im still trying to figure your 4 steps since im newbie in this "rooting method" :D

IceRapture

Mar 5, 2013
Seoul
im a newbie in android-rooting and never been tried to root
maybe this one is my first time to my first android M250L - actually the phone feature is not working in my country
im only using it for entertainment and very happy about
but not on its gingerbread :(
Your post is really the only clear i can understand when i searched google and the reason i joined xda
thanks a lot
im still trying to figure your 4 steps since im newbie in this "rooting method" :D

Welcome to the Android community!
Sorry to hear it's not useful as a functioning phone in your country...

As for the steps in rooting your LG U+ Korean SII; you should first note that if you are still running the older Gingerbread firmware, the way I described for rooting your device is unlikely to work, and also stands a great possibility bricking your phone.
There are other methods to root the M250L on Gingerbread (If I remember correctly, I think I used CF Root when I rooted my M250L while on gingerbread). This thread contains many posts that should lead you in the right direction for rooting the older Gingerbread firmware, (especially check out pages 5 through 8~ to get you started, if you wish to keep this old firmware).
*A note for M250L IceCreamSandwich users who wish to remain on that older firmware, this guide can help you: http://devicepower.web.dusal.net/382/

If you choose to use the method I outlined, please make sure you have upgraded to JellyBean 4.1.2 (Since you are coming from Gingerbread, you will probably have to upgrade twice, first time will give you IceCreamSandwich, and the second will bring you up to date with JellyBean)
I feel the least complicated way to upgrade is using Samsung KIES, Download here: http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/
If you see Korean text while upgrading your firmware via KIES, and you check and accept everything but it still doesn't work... Don't freak out. The only 2 important requirements that it says in Korean (and will prevent the upgrade if not met) is that your battery must be at or near 100% fully charged, and you must remove your MicroSD card. If you have further issues with the program KIES itself (such as failure to download, or failure to install the downloaded firmware) as I have mentioned on page 167, my solution has been to completely uninstall KIES (including drivers), restart my laptop, and reinstall KIES and drivers.
I feel it's quite worth it to upgrade to the JB firmware whether trying to root or not.

A note for those about to rock before rooting; The Tegrak kernel has been proven to work on all 3 Korean SII models on the latest JB firmware. Besides all the 'warranty void' and 'service centers will reject' and 'proceed at your own risk' bs... it's important to mention that Korean banking apps (and possibly other banking apps) will cease to function if your phone is rooted (as my girlfriend found out when I surprise-rooted her phone to improve her phones battery life... she hasn't quite forgiven me yet... :( )

Here is the more detailed list of steps to root your M250L/S/K device on JellyBean 4.1.2 Firmware using the Tegrak Kernel for those among us rooting for the first time;

- 1 Make sure you have the USB drivers installed on your computer. You can get them via KIES (linked above), connect your device, and click Windows Update. Exit KIES when done.
- 2 Download the .tar Tegrak Kernel from the developer's blog (details for navigating this Korean page explained below) at this link: http://pspmaster.tistory.com/118
(I have attached and included all 3 .tar Tegrak kernels for all 3 Korean GS2 phones. As of current, they are up to date with the latest Korean GSII M250L/K/S JellyBean 4.1.2, MB2 firmware. For future firmware updates, or if you're like me and concerned with security and trusted downloads, please check with and download the latest .tar files from the developer's blog, link posted above)
- 3 Download Odin: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2189539
(I believe any version of Odin will work. The latest version is 3.07 as of current)
- 4 Enable USB Debugging: Settings->Developer Options->USB Debugging (checkbox)
- 5 Flash using Odin:
a) On the right hand side, check the PDA checkbox, click the PDA button, navigate to your downloaded Tegrak kernel .tar file and select it.
b) Place your phone into Download Mode (shut it off. simultaneously hold the Power, Home and Volume-Down buttons. When the screen in Korean pops up, let go of all buttons and press the Volume-Up button once)
**On the left, in the checkboxes under Option, the only one that should be checked is Auto Reboot. It doesn't seem to matter if F. Reset Time is checked. Do NOT check any of the other options as they may seriously damage your phone**
c) Connect your phone via USB cable, and press Start after Odin has recognized your device as connected
d) Wait until done. Don't disconnect until completed.
- 6 install the Tegrak Kernel app from Google Play store to your phone. Use the Play store on your phone, or via your computer here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tegrak.lagfix&hl=en
- 7 click "Enable Rooting" in the Tegrak Kernel app on your phone
Done

Common issues with Odin often stem from the USB driver not being installed, the USB cable not completely connected, both KIES and Odin running at the same time, an error from the .tar file when it was downloaded. (this is just from my personal experience...)

For navigating the Tegrak developer's Korean blog page; You'll want to scroll down the page to the file downloads, just before the posts and comments section, you'll be looking for
" *갤럭시S2 LGU+ SHW-M250L " or " *갤럭시S2 LGU+ SHW-M250S " or " *갤럭시S2 LGU+ SHW-M250K "
(Ctrl+F on the Korean page, copy/paste that into your search box, click find next) and download the correct .tar file for your device.

You may notice that the M250S and K files are MB2, and the M250L files are MB1, there was a lot of concern over this in Korean posts and comments on the developer's blog. I tried the MB1 .tar file anyway and successfully rooted my M250L device.

If anything I posted was helpful, please let me know especially by using the 'Thanks' button :)
If you have any issues, I'll do my best to help, just keep in mind that everything I post comes my own personal experiences. In other words; if I haven't had the same issues and I give you a reply, then I'm just talking out of my iPhone.... (arse)

I'd also like to give credit where it's due, to absane (page 158 post #1578) for pointing me in the right direction, and to the developers of the Tegrak kernel.

Good Luck!
-Robert
Sent from my HP EliteBook 8440p laptop using the xda website on google chrome, and a keyboard.

Attachments

• Tegrak-Kernel-Build-46-for-SHW-M250L-MB1.tar
    6.8 MB · Views: 394
  • Tegrak-Kernel-Build-46-for-SHW-M250K-MB2.tar
    6.6 MB · Views: 223
  • Tegrak-Kernel-Build-46-for-SHW-M250S-MB2.tar
    6.6 MB · Views: 399
Last edited:

jhempelayo

Apr 20, 2013
If you choose to use the method I outlined, please make sure you have upgraded to JellyBean 4.1.2 (Since you are coming from Gingerbread, you will probably have to upgrade twice, first time will give you IceCreamSandwich, and the second will bring you up to date with JellyBean)
I feel the least complicated way to upgrade is using Samsung KIES, Download here: samsung.com/us/kies/
If you see Korean test while upgrading your firmware via KIES, and you check and accept everything but it still doesn't work... Don't freak out. The only 2 important requirements that it says in Korean (and will prevent the upgrade if not met) is that your battery must be at or near 100% fully charged, and you must remove your MicroSD card. If you have further issues with the program KIES itself (such as failure to download, or failure to install the downloaded firmware) as I have mentioned on page 167, my solution has been to completely uninstall KIES (including drivers), restart my laptop, and reinstall KIES and drivers.
I feel it's quite worth it to upgrade to the JB firmware whether trying to root or not.

First thing first - thanks a lot again to your reply
i did not get problem installing kies on my win 7 64bit
i run the kies and it detected my unit that it needs to upgrade the firmware
i did not yet click "start upgrade" coz my battery is so low and still charging via my pc

as i quoted, im quite cautious with the "2 upgrade"
since im in GB, does the KIES is the one will work on upgrading on ICS? then to JB?

* i will wait before i will start the upgrade
btw - im getting problem downloading "Tegrak-Kernel-Build-46-for-SHW-M250L-MB1.tar - [Click for QR Code] " as i tried the QR code and it say unsuccessfull download
if i will download it in my pc and transfer to my unit, where i will save it? folder?
i dont have memory card installed, do i need memory card for this upgrading?

IceRapture

Mar 5, 2013
Seoul
since im in GB, does the KIES is the one will work on upgrading on ICS? then to JB?

btw - im getting problem downloading "Tegrak-Kernel-Build-46-for-SHW-M250L-MB1.tar - [Click for QR Code] " as i tried the QR code and it say unsuccessfull download
if i will download it in my pc and transfer to my unit, where i will save it? folder?
i dont have memory card installed, do i need memory card for this upgrading?

It's great that you are asking these questions, they ensure a level of detail that is possibly unmatched by many other posters, and hopefully addresses most first-timers' questions, concerns and common obstacles.

-Yes, correct, KIES is the Samsung designed phone and file management software that we are using to automatically install the correct drivers for your phone and update your phone's firmware. If everything goes as planned, KIES will update you to the latest firmware for your samsung device. Since you are upgrading from an older firmware, I believe you will have to upgrade twice, from gingerbread to ICS, then to the latest JB MB2 firmware.

For others who need to check their device to know what model and firmware version you have; you can obtain this information by going into your phone settings, scroll to the bottom and click 'About Device' ...you should only proceed with rooting using the method I've described IF your device info (model M250S/K/L, and current firmware) match the description of the .tar file that you've downloaded andplan to flash.

-No, you do not need a MicroSD card to do this.
I don't think I can explain your download error, but your download location is incorrect. Do not download the .tar file to your phone.
*the .tar file needs to be downloaded to your computer*
This .tar file is used by the Odin program to flash the insecure kernel and install a Super User permissions app on your phone.
remember the save-path/Location that you saved the file for when you click the "PDA" button in Odin.

If you are a visual learner like I am, then here are some guides that try to show what I was describing about Odin with pictures.
**please pay attention that these rooting guides are for Sii models that are different from our Korean Sii models, and they are old, some are meant for older firmware versions.
- The only parts of these guides that correlate with what I have explained are the steps involving Odin - ...if you attempt to follow any other steps in the following guides besides parts of running Odin, you run a significantly increased risk of permanently bricking your device** (...voice of experience... ///ㅅ/// )

In this CNet guide, usb debugging, download mode and Odin are described in steps 2, 3, and 4
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/how-to-root-your-samsung-galaxy-s2-50004972/

In this ZedoMax guide for rooting an old international/usa gingerbread Sii device, download mode and Odin are detailed in steps 2, step 6, step 7 (please pay attention that you will be using the Tegrak .tar file), and step 8. Step 1 shows hot to get to your device info if you need to check firmware/model.
http://galaxys2root.com/galaxy-s2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-s2/

In this guide from ZedoMax for rooting an international GS2 on ICS, download mode, Odin, and what you can expect to see when finished ar shown in steps 1, 2, 3, 5 (ignore the obsolete kies download link), 6 (choose the tegrak.tar file), 7, 8, and 9 is what you can expect when done *after you enable root from the Tegrak app.
http://galaxys2root.com/galaxy-s2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-s2-i9100-icsandroid-4-0/inn

Finally in this guide by ZedoMax for rooting an international GSii on the JellyBean firmware, correlating Odin information can be found in steps 1, 2, 4, (select the the Tegrak .tar file) and 6.
http://galaxys2root.com/galaxy-s2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-s2-gt-i9100-jelly-bean-android-4-1-14-1-2/

Once finished with Odin please refer back to the steps I outlined in the previous post in order to finish rooting.

You can also check if you've successfully rooted by using any of the free root checker apps

Credit to ZedoMax (if this catches your eye, Max, lets grab a crappy Korean beer next time you're in Seoul! Sorry I couldn't contact you last December during my Korean language tests... you're unlikely to remember me from my NearCanada email address ~5 months ago when I royally and irreparably bricked my korean phone) for providing clear guides and being part of my inspiration to assist fellow Korean android users.
And to cnet.

Cheers
-Robert

Sent from my SHW-M480W using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

angban401

Jan 27, 2013
lock not working

Thx a lot for your reply..I heard there are 2 problem after flashing the I9100 firmware on M250S
(1) Lock screen doesn't work and phone reboot option doesn't come up but these can be solved after rooting the phone i guess.
(2) In case gyroscope doesn't Work then will device be able to sense orientation using accelerometer ??

i had rooted my shw m250s and then after some time lock didnt work...by then i had tegrek kernel but i just flashed this kernel and still lock is not working on my phone...help

BaCkkk

Sep 25, 2012
LAhore
For rooted M250K and S only..

Try this rom..DisasterMOD Rom..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2153961
specifically build for Korean Phones with all the features intact such as DVB antenna,NFC etc..

but if you are converting to i9100..

I recommend AllianceROM, Neat ROM and Omega ROM..Samsung based with all the features Sammy has offered..

Remember to do a Full wipe before flashing to avoid FC and Errors..
Always do a nandroid backup to avoid hassles and if first time flashing,have a 2nd ROM file in your SD card to avoid bad flashes that cause you to get stuck on a bootloop..Have a plan B or C and D..

and lastly, Read before you do anything..it never hurts to read unless you want to have a paper weight for a phone.Search in XDA if having doubts..

we r facing strange problem in our country...

i flashed many M250s/k to omega rom..they all woking fine...but within 1 or 2 weeks all mobiles which i flashed to omega or jellybam rom doesn't catch signals from 3 specific mobile networks and give error "mobile network not registered" and remaining 2 networks working perfectly...but when i flashed to original m250 rom...they start to pick signals from every network...can u help me in this matter plz

jhempelayo

Apr 20, 2013
im very impressed with the jellybean now
whoaaaa :D
sweeetttttttt

all works fine with KIES from GB to ICS to JB :good:

really thanks a lot
If you are a visual learner like I am, then here are some guides that try to show what I was describing about Odin with pictures.
**please pay attention that these rooting guides are for Sii models that are different from our Korean Sii models, and they are old, some are meant for older firmware versions.
- The only parts of these guides that correlate with what I have explained are the steps involving Odin - ...if you attempt to follow any other steps in the following guides besides parts of running Odin, you run a significantly increased risk of permanently bricking your device** (...voice of experience... ///ㅅ/// )

In this CNet guide, usb debugging, download mode and Odin are described in steps 2, 3, and 4
reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/how-to-root-your-samsung-galaxy-s2-50004972

i cut-out my quote, as i really now getting to understand more on ODIN/flash
i thought ODIN is the final on my root process, now i understand it only opens the door so i can root
that link from CNET really a very simple one and easy to understand as i read your instruction line per line before (i dont know anymore how many times i read them)

surely i will update here as soon ive done with ODIN and root (cross finger) :silly:

thanks again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I WON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU BRICKED YOU PHONE. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK
    Tested ONLY on M250S/K
    HOW TO CONVERT YOUR PHONE TO I9100

Follow these instructions carefully:
    1. Download Odin and extract(look for attachment)
    2. Download an ICS rom from http://goo.gl/n6u3
    3. Open Odin(run as administrator if using win7 or vista)
    4. Fill up only the PDA with the rom you got from sam firmware
    5. Fill the PIT using the I9100 pit from the attachment(check if re-partition is ticked)
    6. Reboot your phone to download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    7. Connect your phone to pc then check if Odin recognized the device(there should be a yellow signal). Something like 0:[COM3}
    It should look like this:
    Capture.jpg

8. Hit start and pray for luck
    9. Enjoy! (if you are experiencing some problems, just do a factory reset of your phone )
    10. In case you want to revert back to m250, just do the same as above but changing the PDA with a korean rom and the m250k pit given from the attachment.
    NOTE:If you are experiencing any problems, do a full wipe or factory reset. I recommend doing this because you're converting your phone into a different phone :D

LOCKSCREEN AND POWER BUTTON ISSUES(Need to be Rooted):
    For lockscreen and power options you can solve this prob by folllowing this
    1. Using a root browser navigate to /efs/imei
    2. Create file "keystr"
    3. Open it as text and write "ON"
    4. Set permissions to rwx rwx rwx
    5. Reboot
    Originally posted by Memorycontroller. Cheers to him :D
    If you are not yet rooted, read the next steps

CONS:
    1. Gyroscope not working or buggy(for others it is but for me it's fine. I can play asphalt with no difficulties)
    2. Weak Vibration
    3. Weak mobile signal or connection. Look for a diffirent modems. Try the one I attached at this post I9100_radio NELP2. Flash it using CWM. I'm currently using it and I don't experience any difficulties in mobile connection except of course if I'm on the comfort room or in mountains. LOL
    4. No NFC capabalities (there's a fix for it; search for in the forums)

PROS:
    1. You can now be at ease at the removal of the irritating 80sms character limitation
    2. Your phone is the same as the international I9100. It basically does almost the same.
    3. You can flash all I9100 roms and kernels(do at your own risk)
    4. No Korean bloatware apps. Like t-map,t-store and the like
    5. Rooting is a walk in the park.(easier and has more support)

If you can add more pros and cons, please leave a comment :D

ROOTING YOUR PHONE(I9100)
    1. Download kernels like Siyah kernel or CF Kernel. If you use the CF-Kernel, be sure that the kernel you download is compatible with the firmware you are currently using. Link for Siyah http://goo.gl/RVSp4 Link for CF-root http://goo.gl/ehSbJ
    2. Now go into download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    3. Connect your phone through a usb cable to your pc.
    4. Run ODIN(run as admin if using win7 or vista). Odin should read your device if there is a yellow signal on the upper right
    5. It should look something like this: DO NOT TICK THE REPARTION
    Capture2.png

6. Now hit start and pray for luck :D
    7. To check if you are successful, look for a supersu icon(the app with a pirate android) or just download the root checker in the play store.
    8. Enjoy :D
    NOTE: Flashing a custom kernel or rooting the device will result into a yellow warning sign when you boot your phone. This means you have flashed a kernel that is not officially made by samsung. Meaning you have void your warranty. I warn you.

ROOTING YOUR PHONE(SHW-M250*
    1. Go download a pre-rooted firmware at http://goo.gl/yDrx3. Use google chrome to translate the page to Enligsh. Look for the (routing version). Be sure to download the correct firmware for your carrier. If you're using SHW-M250S, download SKT and KT if SHW-m250K.
    2. Now go into download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    3. Connect your phone through a usb cable to your pc
    4. Run ODIN(run as admin if using win7 or vista). Check for the successful connection of ODIN to your phone buy checking the yellow SIGNAL at the upper right corner. Something like 0:[COM3}
    5. It should look something like this:
    Capture3.png

6. Hit start
    7. If successful, there should be an app that looks like an ndroid pirate. Click the first choice for root, Second for un-root, Third choice for restart. :D
    8. Enjoy

REVERTING BACK TO SHW-m250* FROM AN I9100
    1. Download the firmware from http://goo.gl/yDrx3. Be sure to download the correct firmware for you phone. SK for M250, and KT For M250K. Either choose the rooting version or the normal one.
    2. Download the pit attached from this post. Use the m250k_pit(can work on both m250k and m250s)
    3. Go to download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time] then click the Vol up to confirm to go to download mode. There should be big Android in the center of the screen.
    4. Run ODIN(run as admin if using win7 or vista) then connect your phone to you pc through a usb cable.
    5. Fill up the PDA using the Firmware you got. Fill up the pit using the m250k_pit I provided in the attached file.
    6. It should look something like this:
    Capture4.png

7. Hit start and pray for luck
    8. Rebooting would take quite some time. Enjoy :D
    I recently bought a SGS2 M250k running on android 2.3.3. I want to update it to ICS (preferably the international version, then install a custom rom). I have browsed this thread and I cant seem to find any detailed guide on how to do this. Im afraid that I might brick my phone since it is my first time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Follow these instructions carefully:
    1. Download Odin and extract(look for attachment)
    2. Download an ICS rom from http://goo.gl/n6u3
    3. Open Odin(run as administrator if using win7 or vista)
    4. Fill up only the PDA with the rom you got from sam firmware
    5. Fill the PIT using the I9100 pit from the attachment(check if re-partition is ticked)
    6. Reboot your phone to download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    7. Connect your phone to pc then check if Odin recognized the device(there should be a yellow signal)
    It should look like this:

Capture.jpg

8. Hit start and pray for luck
    9. Enjoy! (if you are experiencing some problems, just do a factory reset of your phone :))
    10. In case you want to revert back to m250, just do the same as above but changing the PDA with a korean rom and the m250k pit given from the attachment

I have a galaxy S2 M250K phone, and i have flashed XXLQ5 room 4.0.4 then i wipe factory this. now, I think it has birck, I try into Download mod anh CMW but not yes. Can you help me???
    Thanks for your help!!!

Can you enter download mode? If not, I think you might have potentially bricked your phone.
    Actually you can solve this problem:

1. Using a root browser navigate to /efs/imei
    2. Create file "keystr"
    3. Open it as text and write "ON"
    4. Set permissions to rwx rwx rwx
    5. Reboot
    6. Hit thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
    Steps to Flash Official Korean ICS through ODIN

Download the appropriate Firmware for your phone model.
    Open the page below and you will see a download link there.

M250K
    Rooted KT Firmware

M250L
    Rooted LGU+ Firmware

M250S
    Rooted SKT Firmware

Download ODIN Here

Optional:
    Download Samsung USB Drivers

The file you downloaded will be in a .tar file.
    Don't extract it.
    RootFirm.jpg

Run ODIN as administrator.
    Now you will see this screen:
    ODIN.jpg

Click on PDA and select the file you have downloaded.
    ODIN2.jpg

Turn OFF your phone.
    Enter ODIN Mode (Press On while holding the VOLUME DOWN and MENU BUTTON)
    (A Korean Text Warning will appear with an Exclamation triangle on the center bottom)
    (Press the Volume Up to proceed to ODIN Mode)

Plug your phone to your pc.
    You will see your ODIN interface change and will see that your phone is connected via 0:[COMXX]. Mine is on COM33
    NOTE: If you are still on Gingerbread Firmware, you will see 0:[COMXX] and 1:[COMXX]. This is normal.
    ODIN3.jpg

Make sure AUTO REBOOT is checked.
    Press Start.
    You will see the LOG on the lower left update.

<ID:0/033> Added!!
    <ID:0/033> Odin v.3 engine (ID:33)..
    <ID:0/033> File analysis..
    <ID:0/033> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/033> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/033> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/033> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/033> zImage
    <ID:0/033> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/033> modem.bin
    <ID:0/033> factoryfs.img
    <ID:0/033> Sbl.bin
    <ID:0/033> RQT_CLOSE !!
    <ID:0/033> RES OK !!
    <ID:0/033> Completed..
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
    <ID:0/041> Added!!

Once Completed the phone will restart. Go through all the introductory settings.
    Open your applications menu, and scroll through all the pages to find the app with SUPERUSER Logo;
    hi-256-0-34c0098fc95d50eef1ab7933f4d9efdd0da07b29

The text is in Korean.
    Open it and select the 2ND Option.
    After that your phone is now rooted.

Note: If ODIN failed flashing, try using another USB PORT or another USB Cable. As much as possible use the Original Samsung Micro USB Cable.
    I have tried to get rid of the damn roaming screen but it still pops up and it doesnt seem to recognize my number so I have to change sender whenever I want to SMS.

Can anyone please point me to a guide on how to install a custom/stock ROM.
    I want to get rid of this Korean bloatware.

I have a M250K
    After spending some time on the roaming issue, I finally found a way to disable this pop up. Turns out that it s quite easy:

1. Download the app Anycut
    2. Launch Anycut
    3. Select " Create New Shortcut"
    4. Select " Activity"
    5. Roll down until you find and select "Roaming Auto Dial"
    6. The new shortcut is created - exit Anycut.
    7. Launch your new shortcut and disable Roaming Auto Dial.

Hope this help.

Cheers
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone