[SHW-M250*] Korean Galaxy SII M250S / M250K / M250L Users

Search This thread

IceRapture

Mar 5, 2013
Seoul
i cut-out my quote, as i really now getting to understand more on ODIN/flash
i thought ODIN is the final on my root process, now i understand it only opens the door so i can root
that link from CNET really a very simple one and easy to understand as i read your instruction line per line before (i dont know anymore how many times i read them)
surely i will update here as soon ive done with ODIN and root (cross finger) :silly:
thanks again

Odin is a communications software tool between your phone and Windows OS computer. It's often used to test, format, and even unbrick devices that can still be repaired.
We used Odin to flash an insecure linux kernel, which gives us the chance to bypass the root user or superuser securities (android is a linux-based OS, root/superuser makes more sense if you have ever used a linux distro on a pc) and install an app that basically gives us, the users, control over superuser permissions.
There are many other ways to root phones, but no universal method. ZergRush attempts installation of the SUapp via security flaws and information flooding. Another simple method is through the ADB partition (if Odin works for you, don't bother confusing yourself with the ADB method quite yet. It would help a lot to know your way around your device first).

This explains Odin a bit more to help fulfil your curiosities.
http://www.androidreborn.com/beginners-guide-to-odin/

It's about an hour and 20 minutes after you posted, you probably finished an hour and 10 minutes ago (I bet it takes even a first-timer 10 minutes tops to root. the only long parts are reading and downloading if you have a slow connection), so you must be enjoying your phone's new capabilities.

a few more notes; I'm not sure if there is a method to remove the yellow triangle at the startup. I kinda like it, so I haven't tried, ChainFire has a method, but I'm not sure if it is kernel specific (it may or may not work, it might cause an issue). If anyone else knows or would like to chime-in on this, please do so :)

some things to consider after rooting;
change your boot animation

for improved battery life; consider installing Root App Delete or Root Uninstaller from the Play store to disable background processes and uninstall bloatware. And install Lucky Patcher to delete google ads that run in the background of apps that aren't even open/running (no, an ad-block app is not a substitute for this. even when blocked, the ads processes are still running. Lucky Patcher does its best to completey delete google ads from the app).

You're welcome

Cheers
-Robert
Sent from the laptop again

jhempelayo

Apr 20, 2013
Odin is a communications software tool between your phone and Windows OS computer. It's often used to test, format, and even unbrick devices that can still be repaired.
We used Odin to flash an insecure linux kernel, which gives us the chance to bypass the root user or superuser securities (android is a linux-based OS, root/superuser makes more sense if you have ever used a linux distro on a pc) and install an app that basically gives us, the users, control over superuser permissions.
There are many other ways to root phones, but no universal method. ZergRush attempts installation of the SUapp via security flaws and information flooding. Another simple method is through the ADB partition (if Odin works for you, don't bother confusing yourself with the ADB method quite yet. It would help a lot to know your way around your device first).

This explains Odin a bit more to help fulfil your curiosities.
androidreborn . com/beginners-guide-to-odin

It's about an hour and 20 minutes after you posted, you probably finished an hour and 10 minutes ago (I bet it takes even a first-timer 10 minutes tops to root. the only long parts are reading and downloading if you have a slow connection), so you must be enjoying your phone's new capabilities.

a few more notes; I'm not sure if there is a method to remove the yellow triangle at the startup. I kinda like it, so I haven't tried, ChainFire has a method, but I'm not sure if it is kernel specific (it may or may not work, it might cause an issue). If anyone else knows or would like to chime-in on this, please do so :)

some things to consider after rooting;
change your boot animation

for improved battery life; consider installing Root App Delete or Root Uninstaller from the Play store to disable background processes and uninstall bloatware. And install facebook.com/LuckyPatcher to delete google ads that run in the background of apps that aren't even open/running (no, an ad-block app is not a substitute for this. even when blocked, the ads processes are still running. Lucky Patcher does its best to completey delete google ads from the app).

You're welcome

Cheers
-Robert
Sent from the laptop again

yes yes yes
all work well and smooth
nice very nice rooting, just now finished ^:^

im not in hurry thats why i make them one a time so that i make less mistakes or no (that was just me)
ok ill try to install lucky patcher, i thought it in google play, i searched and titanium backup is all im getting for the result

yup im now enjoying the rooted... i first take-out some koreans apps (bloatware)
then later on i will try some "freezing/disabling" for some apps that i think i dont need them for now
and yup i will check some animated booting/rebooting apps :D

:good::good::good: thanks again

i hope some got an idea (same as newbies as me) from my case
happy rooting...

IceRapture

Mar 5, 2013
Seoul
ok ill try to install lucky patcher, i thought it in google play, i searched and titanium backup is all im getting for the result

great to hear it worked well for you

Correct, Lucky Patcher is not in the Play store. I provided a link for lucky patcher, if you click on the words 'lucky patcher' in the previous post, it will take you to their facebook page, where they explain the app and have a download link.
But here's the link anyway: https://www.facebook.com/LuckyPatcher

Cheers!
-Robert
Sent yet again from my laptop, during my International Economics midterm test...

opusdeigner

Jul 26, 2012
Paranaque City
we r facing strange problem in our country...

i flashed many M250s/k to omega rom..they all woking fine...but within 1 or 2 weeks all mobiles which i flashed to omega or jellybam rom doesn't catch signals from 3 specific mobile networks and give error "mobile network not registered" and remaining 2 networks working perfectly...but when i flashed to original m250 rom...they start to pick signals from every network...can u help me in this matter plz

Try flashing other ROMs..Omega is AOKP and Samsung hybrid and The early release of Jellybean have issues with our phone until CM team fix the problem especially the first release,its either the phone doesnt boot or no signal..I dont know about Hybrid Roms but wait for next build for Omega to fixed the issue. the latest Omega Rom is based on Milestone 1 newest AOKP build is on 6..try other Roms like Jellybam, Pacman and Rootbox that are CM based..if your having problems with signal,try changing modem. LS6 and LS8 is a good modem..search here for Modems and flash on CWM, http://veyka.co.uk/sgs2/radios/..for ROMS, search on XDA..Search on Google for JellyBAM..

Last edited:

jhempelayo

Apr 20, 2013
great to hear it worked well for you

Correct, Lucky Patcher is not in the Play store. I provided a link for lucky patcher, if you click on the words 'lucky patcher' in the previous post, it will take you to their facebook page, where they explain the app and have a download link.
But here's the link anyway: facebook.com/LuckyPatcher

Cheers!
-Robert
Sent yet again from my laptop, during my International Economics midterm test...

thanks again for some apps you adviced
they really working

again, im getting curious now with "flashing rom"
im watching some videos on youtube and im amaze with their custom rom
is our M250L - capable of that?
if yes, what can you advice?

IceRapture

Mar 5, 2013
Seoul
thanks again for some apps you adviced
they really working
again, im getting curious now with "flashing rom"
im watching some videos on youtube and im amaze with their custom rom
is our M250L - capable of that?
if yes, what can you advice?

you're welcome

Im not experienced with ROMs.
yes, you can flash some ROMs to your phone, not sure which ones. I believe if you convert your M250L to the international version you will have more options available to you.
Other users in this thread can assist you better than I, but first, please read the previous posts. Most of the questions you have are likely to have already been asked and answered here.

Sent from my SHW-M250L using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

VajeenK

Jan 18, 2012
vibration

yeah i'm using an AOSP rom, SuperNexus 2.0 - I9100 - BUILD 4 to be exact and it is android 4.2.2 all right. but even if I increase vibration intensity in heptic like you said, it's still giving me weak vibration.most of the times i can't feel a thing when it'n in my pocket. hope there is a solution

It dont mind having weak vibrations,I can always change the intensity on settings.Just Go to Advanced, choose Haptic and change Vibration intensity..

My assessment on 4.2.2 Custom builds..
Tried PACman,Jellybam,Rootbox,CM10.1 (Dual booting)
Its been a week and loving 4.2.2..the only downside is the battery drain,which can drain your battery from 100% to 0 in less than 3 Hours..The problem lies with the wakelocks and autorun apps everytime you boot your phone..its not the Custom ROMS fault its Google's fault.4.2.2 is still not complete, AOKP just release milestone which have a lot of tweaks and bug fixes and CM team is updating weekly..Its your choice but I'll stick with 4.2.2..and this will be the last Android update for my beloved S2 so before I put her into retirement and move to XZ, I'll give her all the love that android has to offer to her. Peace!

opusdeigner

Jul 26, 2012
Paranaque City
yeah i'm using an AOSP rom, SuperNexus 2.0 - I9100 - BUILD 4 to be exact and it is android 4.2.2 all right. but even if I increase vibration intensity in heptic like you said, it's still giving me weak vibration.most of the times i can't feel a thing when it'n in my pocket. hope there is a solution

Try this..*#0*# in phone mode and do a vibration intensity test..and see if you have a faulty motor..the vibration should be strong and you should be able to hear it on the table..if its weaker than those on settings,you might have a faulty motor.

Agent3

Apr 3, 2011
Hi! My friend has the Korean galaxy model and she just added AT&T service; call and text. She can call me fine but I am not able to receive her text or anybody who has T-Mobile. Her other friends who have different carriers can receive the text just fine.

I don’t know much about this but I’m guessing it has something to do with the frequencies. Any fix to this? Thanks!

IceRapture

Mar 5, 2013
Seoul
Hi! My friend has the Korean galaxy model and she just added AT&T service; call and text. She can call me fine but I am not able to receive her text or anybody who has T-Mobile. Her other friends who have different carriers can receive the text just fine.

I don’t know much about this but I’m guessing it has something to do with the frequencies. Any fix to this? Thanks!

im not sure of a fix, but the Kakao Talk app is a great alternative.

second (possible, but not 100% sure) option is for the peorson not receiving the texts, to text to her email address. She'll then have the email address from that persons service provider, and replying to will (maybe) send messages as a text. Her next step would be to text to that email address instead of a phone number.

ChatOn is an other option similar to Kakao Talk.

~2 pages back, someone had an issue of not being able to read Korean texts from his Korean bank account. He found an app solution. I dont remember what the app was called, but read back a few pages to find out, and that might be her best solution if it works to fix her sending problem.

good luck!
Robert

Sent from my... Using...

Reactions: Agent3

Agent3

Apr 3, 2011
im not sure of a fix, but the Kakao Talk app is a great alternative.

second (possible, but not 100% sure) option is for the peorson not receiving the texts, to text to her email address. She'll then have the email address from that persons service provider, and replying to will (maybe) send messages as a text. Her next step would be to text to that email address instead of a phone number.

ChatOn is an other option similar to Kakao Talk.

~2 pages back, someone had an issue of not being able to read Korean texts from his Korean bank account. He found an app solution. I dont remember what the app was called, but read back a few pages to find out, and that might be her best solution if it works to fix her sending problem.

good luck!
Robert

Sent from my... Using...
We have been using Kakao Talk when she has Wi-Fi; no data. I like the second option. I will test it out. Thanks!!

BaCkkk

Sep 25, 2012
LAhore
guyzzz another strangest problem im facing...

first i flash i9100 4.o.4 rom on m250s ..two problems oocur
1: power button shutdown
2:strange words on home page like pda csc phone etc

i reflash my phone to official ics rom of m250s by giving m250k pit and m250s official tar file...after flshing these two problems which i describe above came again...i used keystr solution too but didnt work...

then i flashed official jb of m250s but same problem here...

i reflashed my phone again to i9100 rom but this time i use 2.3 rom of i9100..strangely not any problem i have here like power button and pda phone csc showing on home screen..

i was soooooo happy that these problem will never come again but unfortunatelly ater flashing original m250s file with m250k pit file again both problems came...i min d is about to burst..plz somebody give me any solution or any clue that what im doing wrong

Nov 1, 2010
Colombo
guyzzz another strangest problem im facing...

first i flash i9100 4.o.4 rom on m250s ..two problems oocur
1: power button shutdown
2:strange words on home page like pda csc phone etc

i reflash my phone to official ics rom of m250s by giving m250k pit and m250s official tar file...after flshing these two problems which i describe above came again...i used keystr solution too but didnt work...

then i flashed official jb of m250s but same problem here...

i reflashed my phone again to i9100 rom but this time i use 2.3 rom of i9100..strangely not any problem i have here like power button and pda phone csc showing on home screen..

i was soooooo happy that these problem will never come again but unfortunatelly ater flashing original m250s file with m250k pit file again both problems came...i min d is about to burst..plz somebody give me any solution or any clue that what im doing wrong

Here's the solution mate :)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=31662317&postcount=19

Rooting is required.

Why do you use 4.0.4 when 4.1.2 is out there?

Last edited:

sgtkeroro

Feb 18, 2013
Quezon City
Hey :) Just wanna ask if M250K/L/S can still use the MHL to HDMI TV-Out function even it's has been changed into a GT-I9100 and flashed with a stock samsung XWLSN JB Rom, i'm planning to use my s2 during presentations, so that I wouldn't need to bring a tablet or a laptop.

Last edited:

Kohison

Apr 28, 2013
Problem in converting

I have M250S to convert but im lil bit confused with your second step. So when i download ICS rom which one should i download? M250S or GT-i9100?

Thanks

ohadshaboody

Apr 21, 2013
help

hi all iam sorry for too much attention. but im looking for fixing my phone nearlly a month, i saw the guides of how to convert m250s to gti 9100 and i saw alot of diffrences between them, im afried to break my phone by adding wrong files to odin.
well i am ready to pay 30usd for someone who could solve my problem
i have m250s bought from korea running ics and its not working in israel so all i want to know is how to turn it to gti 9100, ill upload my phone details in pics that i made. as i said im ready to pay for it.
i know how to use odin.
big thanks ahead for the helpers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-24-10-27-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-24-10-27-36.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_2013-04-24-10-26-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-24-10-26-46.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Nov 1, 2010
Colombo
Hey :) Just wanna ask if M250K/L/S can still use the MHL to HDMI TV-Out function even it's has been changed into a GT-I9100 and flashed with a stock samsung XWLSN JB Rom, i'm planning to use my s2 during presentations, so that I wouldn't need to bring a tablet or a laptop.

I think it should. Because i9100 also supports MHL to HDMI.

I have M250S to convert but im lil bit confused with your second step. So when i download ICS rom which one should i download? M250S or GT-i9100?

Thanks

Download i9100 Jellybean ROM instead ICS and also the i9100 pit file :)
ROM : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1544487
PIT (at the end of the thread) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=30976988&postcount=1182

can i use i910o jellybean on m250s???

second is these problems com on offcial version of m250..thats my main point bro...i know we can solve these on i9100 ut why they r coming on official m250s rom

Believe me you can. Right now I'm running NeatROM Lite which is based on JB 4.1.2 which is an excellent ROM :)

I don't know about M250S. But same thing happened to me when I flashed i9100 ROM on M250. I got a hardware information box in the middle of the screen and lock screen was not working when I pressed the power button. It was solved after following the method I have given to you. But before that you need to root the phone.

hi all iam sorry for too much attention. but im looking for fixing my phone nearlly a month, i saw the guides of how to convert m250s to gti 9100 and i saw alot of diffrences between them, im afried to break my phone by adding wrong files to odin.
well i am ready to pay 30usd for someone who could solve my problem
i have m250s bought from korea running ics and its not working in israel so all i want to know is how to turn it to gti 9100, ill upload my phone details in pics that i made. as i said im ready to pay for it.
i know how to use odin.
big thanks ahead for the helpers.

Here's the tutorial. Download Jellybean ROM instead ICS ROM and proceed with the tutorial.
Tutorial : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=30976988&postcount=1182
Latest JB ROM : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1544487

Reactions: sgtkeroro

BaCkkk

Sep 25, 2012
LAhore
I think it should. Because i9100 also supports MHL to HDMI.

Download i9100 Jellybean ROM instead ICS and also the i9100 pit file :)
ROM : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1544487
PIT (at the end of the thread) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=30976988&postcount=1182

Believe me you can. Right now I'm running NeatROM Lite which is based on JB 4.1.2 which is an excellent ROM :)

I don't know about M250S. But same thing happened to me when I flashed i9100 ROM on M250. I got a hardware information box in the middle of the screen and lock screen was not working when I pressed the power button. It was solved after following the method I have given to you. But before that you need to root the phone.

Here's the tutorial. Download Jellybean ROM instead ICS ROM and proceed with the tutorial.
Tutorial : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=30976988&postcount=1182
Latest JB ROM : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1544487

but i think pit of jb of i9100 is different as compared to ics????so can i use ics pit in jb file????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I WON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU BRICKED YOU PHONE. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK
    Tested ONLY on M250S/K
    HOW TO CONVERT YOUR PHONE TO I9100

Follow these instructions carefully:
    1. Download Odin and extract(look for attachment)
    2. Download an ICS rom from http://goo.gl/n6u3
    3. Open Odin(run as administrator if using win7 or vista)
    4. Fill up only the PDA with the rom you got from sam firmware
    5. Fill the PIT using the I9100 pit from the attachment(check if re-partition is ticked)
    6. Reboot your phone to download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    7. Connect your phone to pc then check if Odin recognized the device(there should be a yellow signal). Something like 0:[COM3}
    It should look like this:
    Capture.jpg

8. Hit start and pray for luck
    9. Enjoy! (if you are experiencing some problems, just do a factory reset of your phone )
    10. In case you want to revert back to m250, just do the same as above but changing the PDA with a korean rom and the m250k pit given from the attachment.
    NOTE:If you are experiencing any problems, do a full wipe or factory reset. I recommend doing this because you're converting your phone into a different phone :D

LOCKSCREEN AND POWER BUTTON ISSUES(Need to be Rooted):
    For lockscreen and power options you can solve this prob by folllowing this
    1. Using a root browser navigate to /efs/imei
    2. Create file "keystr"
    3. Open it as text and write "ON"
    4. Set permissions to rwx rwx rwx
    5. Reboot
    Originally posted by Memorycontroller. Cheers to him :D
    If you are not yet rooted, read the next steps

CONS:
    1. Gyroscope not working or buggy(for others it is but for me it's fine. I can play asphalt with no difficulties)
    2. Weak Vibration
    3. Weak mobile signal or connection. Look for a diffirent modems. Try the one I attached at this post I9100_radio NELP2. Flash it using CWM. I'm currently using it and I don't experience any difficulties in mobile connection except of course if I'm on the comfort room or in mountains. LOL
    4. No NFC capabalities (there's a fix for it; search for in the forums)

PROS:
    1. You can now be at ease at the removal of the irritating 80sms character limitation
    2. Your phone is the same as the international I9100. It basically does almost the same.
    3. You can flash all I9100 roms and kernels(do at your own risk)
    4. No Korean bloatware apps. Like t-map,t-store and the like
    5. Rooting is a walk in the park.(easier and has more support)

If you can add more pros and cons, please leave a comment :D

ROOTING YOUR PHONE(I9100)
    1. Download kernels like Siyah kernel or CF Kernel. If you use the CF-Kernel, be sure that the kernel you download is compatible with the firmware you are currently using. Link for Siyah http://goo.gl/RVSp4 Link for CF-root http://goo.gl/ehSbJ
    2. Now go into download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    3. Connect your phone through a usb cable to your pc.
    4. Run ODIN(run as admin if using win7 or vista). Odin should read your device if there is a yellow signal on the upper right
    5. It should look something like this: DO NOT TICK THE REPARTION
    Capture2.png

6. Now hit start and pray for luck :D
    7. To check if you are successful, look for a supersu icon(the app with a pirate android) or just download the root checker in the play store.
    8. Enjoy :D
    NOTE: Flashing a custom kernel or rooting the device will result into a yellow warning sign when you boot your phone. This means you have flashed a kernel that is not officially made by samsung. Meaning you have void your warranty. I warn you.

ROOTING YOUR PHONE(SHW-M250*
    1. Go download a pre-rooted firmware at http://goo.gl/yDrx3. Use google chrome to translate the page to Enligsh. Look for the (routing version). Be sure to download the correct firmware for your carrier. If you're using SHW-M250S, download SKT and KT if SHW-m250K.
    2. Now go into download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    3. Connect your phone through a usb cable to your pc
    4. Run ODIN(run as admin if using win7 or vista). Check for the successful connection of ODIN to your phone buy checking the yellow SIGNAL at the upper right corner. Something like 0:[COM3}
    5. It should look something like this:
    Capture3.png

6. Hit start
    7. If successful, there should be an app that looks like an ndroid pirate. Click the first choice for root, Second for un-root, Third choice for restart. :D
    8. Enjoy

REVERTING BACK TO SHW-m250* FROM AN I9100
    1. Download the firmware from http://goo.gl/yDrx3. Be sure to download the correct firmware for you phone. SK for M250, and KT For M250K. Either choose the rooting version or the normal one.
    2. Download the pit attached from this post. Use the m250k_pit(can work on both m250k and m250s)
    3. Go to download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time] then click the Vol up to confirm to go to download mode. There should be big Android in the center of the screen.
    4. Run ODIN(run as admin if using win7 or vista) then connect your phone to you pc through a usb cable.
    5. Fill up the PDA using the Firmware you got. Fill up the pit using the m250k_pit I provided in the attached file.
    6. It should look something like this:
    Capture4.png

7. Hit start and pray for luck
    8. Rebooting would take quite some time. Enjoy :D
    I recently bought a SGS2 M250k running on android 2.3.3. I want to update it to ICS (preferably the international version, then install a custom rom). I have browsed this thread and I cant seem to find any detailed guide on how to do this. Im afraid that I might brick my phone since it is my first time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Follow these instructions carefully:
    1. Download Odin and extract(look for attachment)
    2. Download an ICS rom from http://goo.gl/n6u3
    3. Open Odin(run as administrator if using win7 or vista)
    4. Fill up only the PDA with the rom you got from sam firmware
    5. Fill the PIT using the I9100 pit from the attachment(check if re-partition is ticked)
    6. Reboot your phone to download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    7. Connect your phone to pc then check if Odin recognized the device(there should be a yellow signal)
    It should look like this:

Capture.jpg

8. Hit start and pray for luck
    9. Enjoy! (if you are experiencing some problems, just do a factory reset of your phone :))
    10. In case you want to revert back to m250, just do the same as above but changing the PDA with a korean rom and the m250k pit given from the attachment

I have a galaxy S2 M250K phone, and i have flashed XXLQ5 room 4.0.4 then i wipe factory this. now, I think it has birck, I try into Download mod anh CMW but not yes. Can you help me???
    Thanks for your help!!!

Can you enter download mode? If not, I think you might have potentially bricked your phone.
    Actually you can solve this problem:

1. Using a root browser navigate to /efs/imei
    2. Create file "keystr"
    3. Open it as text and write "ON"
    4. Set permissions to rwx rwx rwx
    5. Reboot
    6. Hit thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
    Steps to Flash Official Korean ICS through ODIN

Download the appropriate Firmware for your phone model.
    Open the page below and you will see a download link there.

M250K
    Rooted KT Firmware

M250L
    Rooted LGU+ Firmware

M250S
    Rooted SKT Firmware

Download ODIN Here

Optional:
    Download Samsung USB Drivers

The file you downloaded will be in a .tar file.
    Don't extract it.
    RootFirm.jpg

Run ODIN as administrator.
    Now you will see this screen:
    ODIN.jpg

Click on PDA and select the file you have downloaded.
    ODIN2.jpg

Turn OFF your phone.
    Enter ODIN Mode (Press On while holding the VOLUME DOWN and MENU BUTTON)
    (A Korean Text Warning will appear with an Exclamation triangle on the center bottom)
    (Press the Volume Up to proceed to ODIN Mode)

Plug your phone to your pc.
    You will see your ODIN interface change and will see that your phone is connected via 0:[COMXX]. Mine is on COM33
    NOTE: If you are still on Gingerbread Firmware, you will see 0:[COMXX] and 1:[COMXX]. This is normal.
    ODIN3.jpg

Make sure AUTO REBOOT is checked.
    Press Start.
    You will see the LOG on the lower left update.

<ID:0/033> Added!!
    <ID:0/033> Odin v.3 engine (ID:33)..
    <ID:0/033> File analysis..
    <ID:0/033> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/033> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/033> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/033> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/033> zImage
    <ID:0/033> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/033> modem.bin
    <ID:0/033> factoryfs.img
    <ID:0/033> Sbl.bin
    <ID:0/033> RQT_CLOSE !!
    <ID:0/033> RES OK !!
    <ID:0/033> Completed..
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
    <ID:0/041> Added!!

Once Completed the phone will restart. Go through all the introductory settings.
    Open your applications menu, and scroll through all the pages to find the app with SUPERUSER Logo;
    hi-256-0-34c0098fc95d50eef1ab7933f4d9efdd0da07b29

The text is in Korean.
    Open it and select the 2ND Option.
    After that your phone is now rooted.

Note: If ODIN failed flashing, try using another USB PORT or another USB Cable. As much as possible use the Original Samsung Micro USB Cable.
    I have tried to get rid of the damn roaming screen but it still pops up and it doesnt seem to recognize my number so I have to change sender whenever I want to SMS.

Can anyone please point me to a guide on how to install a custom/stock ROM.
    I want to get rid of this Korean bloatware.

I have a M250K
    After spending some time on the roaming issue, I finally found a way to disable this pop up. Turns out that it s quite easy:

1. Download the app Anycut
    2. Launch Anycut
    3. Select " Create New Shortcut"
    4. Select " Activity"
    5. Roll down until you find and select "Roaming Auto Dial"
    6. The new shortcut is created - exit Anycut.
    7. Launch your new shortcut and disable Roaming Auto Dial.

Hope this help.

Cheers
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone