yes,It works
can work cell phone,wifi,cell network,SD card.en only this

2013-6-15 SD card mount is ok

2013-7-19 power key run ok
this is the pictures
145708v316xvv3dh3g724c.jpg

oh this is the zImage. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9cbkmgr54wwb7q/zImage
how to :
use "Heimdall Suite" flash factory cache (from t759 odin pakage)
flash this zimage file

Last edited:

graycow9

Mar 10, 2012
West Warwick, RI
Curious

When you say port a GB Rom do you mean like official GB Android version? Or like a GB themed rom? Just curious. I noticed it said UVKJ2 in the picture for the build. Either way thank you tons :D I'm excited

djh

Feb 8, 2008
djhz.info
Wow, just opened this forum to see, if there's any new good firmware for Sidekick because mine started glitching here and there - and saw this! Great job windxixi.

1Chain

Dec 26, 2012
Thanks so much windxixi. I thought you gave up quite a few months back, but you came back full force! Please post download link?

G

GuestK0045

Bhuv is not available to do anything personal life
I would try with another member if team acid or someone in the Zhang forums sgs4g zamn autocorrect

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

ivoe

Bhuv is not available to do anything personal life
I would try with another member if team acid or someone in the Zhang forums sgs4g zamn autocorrect

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

Ohh well yea I mean this phone desperatly needs a update everything kinda sucks

Sent from my SGH-T839 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: theUsualSuspexx

shadowscott

Apr 29, 2011
just thought about it why not flash a pre assembled keybored from 2.2.1 to this?
although its probably not the issue its most likly some to do in the phones main framework

If windixi posts back about what the keyboard issue is, we should talk to Ric. He messed with a lot of framework things or maybe Sammuel. He did a lot of work with the keyboard as well.

ivoe

Agreed! A link to the files would be very nice.

Ric is mainly a themer not a dev (atleast he points tha out a lot) plus he is busy with life just like bduv

Then figuring that the sidekick is unique to the point that there are 2 leds a key board an the keypad / track pad this make an issue of being a 100 percent update as a lot of stuff may be missing or gone (play store will need to pick up the 2.3.3)
Its a lot of issues for noobs so to speak to use the rom which is why its not released for downloads cuz someone won't read an just update

Sent from my SGH-T839 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello guys
    I will port a gb rom from t759。
    port from t759 official Rom.
    THIS IS NOT THEMES LIKE GB.
    THIS IS TRUE GB
    yes,It works
    can work cell phone,wifi,cell network,SD card.en only this

2013-6-15 SD card mount is ok

2013-7-19 power key run ok
    this is the pictures
    145708v316xvv3dh3g724c.jpg

oh this is the zImage. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9cbkmgr54wwb7q/zImage
    how to :
    use "Heimdall Suite" flash factory cache (from t759 odin pakage)
    flash this zimage file
    source code uploaded
    f*ck gw filewall
    Thread cleaned of childish one up comments.

Users, please be reminded of posting rules requirements, courtesy is a mandate.

If you have nothing but trolling comments to make, do them on a social media site. XDA is not the place for that.
    Got it guys

Okay so I have been messing around and I have figured out how to flash the new kernel. Follow below.

First step -> Go into Download mode. (Pull battery. Boot holding the power button and pressing scroll-ball + vol-down same time while plugged into computer.)

Second step -> Use Original Heimdall package to flash the SK back to Original Stock UVKG2.

Third step -> Using the Heimdall Suite (I don't have a tut for installing this, sorry.) set the devices PIT by either using the one provided here:

(This is WolfV2's thread with many SK roms and tools) --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538576 --OR-- download your own, it's no big deal really they are the same. But if you don't know how to do that, use the pit file provided.

Fourth step -> Using the "factoryfs.rfs" and "dbdata.rfs" files and the new kernel "zImage" file provided by Windxixi and flash these ONLY to the device. The device will boot into the 2.3.3 from the Exhibit 4G.

""""Warning""""
    1- I am not responsible if you mess up your Sidekick. I have done this myself to verify, and the device can be flashed to Stock after you test this.
    2- As Windxixi has told us, no keys work. I learn now that he means NO KEYS at all. That means no flip-out keyboard, no front keys, no power keys. NADA. So if you go into a menu that doesn't have a back button, then you need to battery pull. If the screen shuts off, you can plug in your phone and open the lock-screen after the screen shuts off, when the screen turns on for charge.
    3- Obviously with such bugs, not a daily driver rom. Just do this to test or for some fun in the very least. ENJOY

This is a very early release but it is still PROGRESS :) I'll see if I can figure something out about the keys at all, screw around a bit.

THANK YOU WINDXIXI!!! ^~^

(Also, should this maybe be it's own thread?)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone