• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Sideload apps on Jio Giga fiber Set top box

Search This thread

ronaksworld

Nov 18, 2013
Auckland
I just don't understand jio as they always seem to patch any advanced settings as in the case of jio phone( ya I own one) and in the case of jio STB, they recently replaced the "com.android.settings" package with a version of their own settings app( The original settings app is still accessible but you have to install a different launcher to access it).pl. send me the telegram link. Its my pleasure to join

@JIOBox
Another catch is jio recently started to force push an update of 100kb which will reset your box to factory mode., Many of us lost the slideload apps due to this.

May 12, 2017
Kolkata
I got it for free ?(Blue Hybrid 4K STB)

Send from OnePlus 6T Thunder Purple (XDA Premium)

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

There is still a way to enter into factory mode using your remote control, on your screen remote you see Normal Mode once entered you can see Factory Mode and it has USB Debugging etc enabled.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Exactly option to add Bluetooth devices And Gamepad, is something I too was looking for, they might push some more updates for it.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Three Rubber Below remove it and there are screws below it, it's damm hard to pull out.

https://broadbandforum.co/t/197866/page-22

Don't waste time to open it as it's pointless now, until your good at hardware hacking.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

No it won't help.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Wished you had googled as I had posted on Indian Broadband Fourms, as there are people who have formed telegram group.

Can you explain how to get into factory mode with only remote control and enter Factory mode? Also does doing that bricking the device?

RealEngineer

Jun 29, 2021
Guys I have made a thread to enable ADB and sideload apps on the updated box. Requesting help from any developer for porting twrp and making the stock firmware stable.

Otus9051

Jun 3, 2021
http://localhost:9051
Guys I have made a thread to enable ADB and sideload apps on the updated box. Requesting help from any developer for porting twrp and making the stock firmware stable.
Where is the actual stock firmware? Helps to make the rom as starting from scratch is pain.

RealEngineer

Jun 29, 2021
Where is the actual stock firmware? Helps to make the rom as starting from scratch is pain.
Have a look at this:- https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...hread-mi-box-mdz-16-ab-and-mdz-22-ab.4241475/

And this:- https://mega.nz/file/kX51iI4Q#eW0QC5JjejJcH9Y4h_skB9FwtI8R5EswW27gwjXwnvk

These are mi box stock firmware, the system.img's of these worked on jio stb due to treble. By stock I meant this.

If you want Stock firmware of jio stb then dm me once.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today, i was able to get in to recovery console.

Mine was the Blue Hybrid STB . I Flip the box and could see the bottom. There is a small arrow pointing to one of the holes. Thats the location of the reset button.

With the box powered off. Press and hold the button. Used a needle. Then power on the box. you should see jio boot logo first. Then the recovery options. Then release the reset button. And the recovery menu it can be navigated with a usb keyboard.

Now, if we get the stock ROM or OS, using the above method. it can be easily downgraded to older version to install the necessary apps.
    Jio is providing android 9 set top box. But app installer has been removed after 1st feb update. Please suggest how to sideload apps like thop tv on this jio set top box.
    Jio is providing android 9 set top box. But app installer has been removed after 1st feb update. Please suggest how to sideload apps like thop tv on this jio set top box.

even i'm searching for the same, it seems like they have restricted various android functionalities. Also settop box doesn't have any reset button, so we can't boot it into recovery mode as well. I tried different things to install app, wasn't successful. Right now i'm trying to root this box so that we can use this set top box with any network other than jio and we can install any apps of our choice.
    Hey guys, please help!
    Same concern, please act fast

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

even i'm searching for the same, it seems like they have restricted various android functionalities. Also settop box doesn't have any reset button, so we can't boot it into recovery mode as well. I tried different things to install app, wasn't successful. Right now i'm trying to root this box so that we can use this set top box with any network other than jio and we can install any apps of our choice.

I am using my Jio set top box on ACT network, without doing anything, and still I can access JioTV , YOUTUBE,run non-HD channels on Hotstar, and everything that is free, except I cannot open Jio Store, Jio Call.
    Initially, I made a request to terminate my connection and take back their items and give me security deposit, but no one came, then I tried and it worked on Act network, So I think this set top box is a good deal for 1500 (I have a 55" 8 year old, non-Smart Plasma TV).
    Now I want to sideload it with oreo TV, but they have removed app installer!

Please ,if there is any way, let me know.
    I have managed to open the Jio Set Top Box , i am also att a picture .
    Can someone please tell how to hard reset the box to enbale sideloading.

dont connect to the internet and update the stb, once updated to latest firmware app installer is disabled and you cannot install any apks
    1. If the Jio STB is new do not connect to internet.
    2. Download APK's of Total Commander, Shareit and other apps onto usb drive
    3. Install APK using APP Installer in settings>apps. Search apps on usb drive
    4. Once Total Commander is installed. Open Total Commander and try to install other apps, allow total commander permission apps in settings>security
    5. Now that total commander has permissions, you do not need app installer anymore.
    6. Give Shareit permission to install apps.
    7. test by installing other apps.

Once everything is confirmed working, you can connect to internet and jio software will update.