Question Sideloaded Android 13 and no backup found? Any solution?

Search This thread

MarkAnthony121

Sep 1, 2014
I've had backups going on my Pixel 2XL for 4 years and Pixel 6 Pro for the past year. I've done so many factory resets and it always showed a backup under my account. Today I sideloaded A13. Worked perfectly. I factory reset maybe even 4 months ago. I decided to do a factory reset for a clean start. And bam, no backup found under my account. Was this user error? I can manually restore it but it sucks losing my text threads and I'm scared this might happen again. I'm in contact with Google support but they are useless.

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

skymera

Mar 28, 2010
Adding my 0.02 here.

I've used Google backup and restore many times over the years and frequently SMS & Calls Logs have not been backed up and/or restored properly.
There used to be a way to trigger the restore UI via ADB but that appears to be patched.

I now rely on Google backup for my apps / contacts
And SMS Backup and Restore running daily taking a copy of my SMS & Call Logs.

Check for a backup from your PC. Go to Google Drive > Sotrage > Backups
That will list them all, if you have any.

MarkAnthony121

Sep 1, 2014
open Google drive app. click menu, backups. should be a backup listed. if not, it's been deleted.
Yea it's gone. Had the phone backed up for 5 years and now upgrade to A13, factory reset and it's gone. I want to fully love google but this is one of those insane moments where I absolutely hate them. A reason I always backup everything manually and don't rely on them. Even now with my fresh perfect smooth installation, the phone still hasn't backup up automatically overnight when idle like it says it's supposed to.

• Wow

MarkAnthony121

Sep 1, 2014
Adding my 0.02 here.

I've used Google backup and restore many times over the years and frequently SMS & Calls Logs have not been backed up and/or restored properly.
There used to be a way to trigger the restore UI via ADB but that appears to be patched.

Yea it's gone. NOOO idea why. At one point my lower tier Drive ran out of storage so I upgraded to Google One 2TB and wondering if I changed a setting or something causing it to delete the backup. I'm trying to recreate one from scratch now

• Wow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Adding my 0.02 here.

open Google drive app. click menu, backups. should be a backup listed. if not, it's been deleted.