Signatures

Search This thread

carbonize

Oct 16, 2010
Bristol
At present XDA has no rules governing signatures except where the are offensive but I personally feel some signatures are just far too long/tall. I have a 1600 x 900 resolution monitor and have just seen a post where the post was only two lines but the signature then took up nearly all of the rest of the monitors vertical space. I know I can hide signatures when I am viewing the forum but I'd rather not since some contain useful links such as to other roms or kernels I may want to try.

Would some mild restrictions be asking to much?

Reactions: Obey138

mikef

Retired Senior Moderator
At present XDA has no rules governing signatures except where the are offensive but I personally feel some signatures are just far too long/tall. I have a 1600 x 900 resolution monitor and have just seen a post where the post was only two lines but the signature then took up nearly all of the rest of the monitors vertical space. I know I can hide signatures when I am viewing the forum but I'd rather not since some contain useful links such as to other roms or kernels I may want to try.

We already have restrictions of 1000 characters, of which 500 can be nonBB chars. If you see a specific one that you would like to report, feel free to click on the little triangle in the upper right hand corner of the post and a mod will look into it. Also, there are other rules such as promoting other sites, or selling stuff are not allowed.

juzz86

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 1, 2009
Australia
If I can jump in here for a second, there is an excellent option regarding signatures here on the Forum.

Use the Unofficial XDA Toolbar. It's a browser plugin that allows you to set all images in posts to a maximum size, toggle all signatures on or off, and jump back to the top of a page. Please throw a 'thanks' to FSM 'Archer' when you see him around, as this is his work.

The toolbar also allows you to use a toggle setting, to hide individual obscene/oversized signatures on a user-by-user basis, so you don't have to hide them all - just the annoying ones.

TBH this has improved my XDA experience 1000-fold. Just the 'jump to top' button alone is worth having. If you use XDA a lot and your browser doesn't support it, it's worth a browser upgrade. Believe me :)

Hope this helps you out!

Last edited:
Reactions: a.cid and roofrider

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
If you see a huuuge sig then pm a mod and we will consider asking the person to resize it.

Sent From My Fingers To Your Face.....

W

weeo

Talking about ridiculously long signatures... I will change this :D

Edit. Have made it shorter than usual... 6 phones less :D

Last edited:

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com

I get what you mean, but as a users signature is limited to 1000 characters.

HOWEVER if they have a really big image, then i agree with you, as that is annoying having to scroll down so much just to see the next post. So i think they should be restricted to a certain image size in there sig.

So i totally agree with you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If I can jump in here for a second, there is an excellent option regarding signatures here on the Forum.

Use the Unofficial XDA Toolbar. It's a browser plugin that allows you to set all images in posts to a maximum size, toggle all signatures on or off, and jump back to the top of a page. Please throw a 'thanks' to FSM 'Archer' when you see him around, as this is his work.

The toolbar also allows you to use a toggle setting, to hide individual obscene/oversized signatures on a user-by-user basis, so you don't have to hide them all - just the annoying ones.

TBH this has improved my XDA experience 1000-fold. Just the 'jump to top' button alone is worth having. If you use XDA a lot and your browser doesn't support it, it's worth a browser upgrade. Believe me :)

Hope this helps you out!