• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Signing made easy.... [ Updated July/2009 ]

Search This thread

Stericson

Retired Senior Mod / Retired Senior RD
Nov 10, 2008
Note, this will not work if your SDK or the path that you place this in has any spaces in the dir name!
An Example of this is c:\users\Nikki and Stephen\sdk\tools
Try to put the SDK and the contents of the zip in a dir where the names are all together and not like the one above.

Ok, so I have made a batch file that will automate the entire process of setting up to use the signing tool made by JF. This batch file will set the CLASSPATH, set the PATH, install the registries, let you sign the files manually, and let you push/pull files to the phone.

In order to use this you should have downloaded the sdk already. Simply extract all of the files into the tools dir of your sdk, and run autosign.bat follow the instructions and go through the options one by one, starting with 1 working through 4. You can however, put the contents of this zip anywhere on your computer and it will work. It is just better to put them into the tools dir of your SDK. Especially for the consideration of future versions.

Enjoy,
Stericson

Autosign .zip: http://www.DroidBin.com/Androidstuff/signing.zip

Last edited:
K

korndub

awesome sir! looking foward to using this great tool....in a virtual machine...with windows xp.....on my mac.....ha ha

Stericson

Nov 10, 2008
Please let me know how it works. It works for me, but there are so many different computer configurations. This is also only tested and expected to work for xp and vista....I don't know if it will work for other o/s versions.

Stericson

Reactions: Snafoo and imakul8

jdwme

Apr 4, 2008
Houston
Doesn't work for me on vista, running a 64bit machine, I think it has something to do with how my computer is set up though because of the error message I get

brandenk

Aug 11, 2007
San Diego
This is badass! Ive been playing with it this morning and all I can say is........

thank_you_4.gif

Now no one has an excuse to not be able to create their own theme! :D

tinpusher1

Jan 4, 2009
Thanks for the autosign batch. It seems like it would make things easier. Now if I could just get it to work....

Here is the error I am getting when running it. (Either via right click or manually through the bat file)

Signing File!

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

I have it installed in my c:\and_sdk\tools\ folder

Any ideas?

EDIT: Updating Java to most recent version fixed the problem.

Thanks!

Last edited:

yellow heel

Feb 8, 2009
Thanks for the autosign batch. It seems like it would make things easier. Now if I could just get it to work....

Here is the error I am getting when running it. (Either via right click or manually through the bat file)

Signing File!

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

I have it installed in my c:\and_sdk\tools\ folder

Any ideas?

EDIT: Updating Java to most recent version fixed the problem.

Thanks!

I downloaded j2re-1_4_2_19-windows-i586-p.exe but still gives me error...

------------------------------
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: testsign (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

File signed successfully if no Errors above.
-------------------------------

Anyone have any idea?

JackD3ath

Jan 4, 2009
Satellite Beach, Florida
Awesome work! Thank You! I got this to work the first time, and I can finally start to make a theme now. At least I had time to come up with some ideas.

I just want to mention that it was brandenk's thread that got me to look into this. Thanks to all that put in the hard work. Thank you Stericson.

derfolo

Jan 15, 2009
Mac OS X?

Hi all,

There are a few Mac OS X users on this site that would like to do this as well. Obviously we can't use BAT and EXE files in our native environment, but we can use a UNIX-based approach. Does anyone have an intelligible or pre-packaged version of how to do this in UNIX? (I say intelligible because the Google document on this is pretty unintelligible.)

CBowley

Feb 7, 2009
I would love to be able to sign my new theme in Ubuntu 9.04.. Anyone know how?

p.s have been searching/reading until 2:30 am am and since 8 am this morning. Driving me nuts.

bethel03

Jan 7, 2008
problem flashing update.zip

I am having some issues flashing my update.zip files. I am getting an error of not being able to find the update path. I am trying to flash a font that I found online. I noticed after signing the zip with the .bat file provided that there is a new folder titled "META-INF". From downloading other signed fonts this looks correct but the ones I have downloaded contain another tree of folders within META-INF that eventually lead to a file titled "update-script". I am assuming that is what is missing from my signed file. What am I doing wrong?

Stericson

Nov 10, 2008
hmmm should be other files inside of the meta folder yes.....just do this, copy the folders from those other font upddates, assuming they are only font updates, and put them in your current meta folder. the update script should be the same.....

if any other problems just post your update.zip...one of us will take a look at it.

Stericson

Reactions: imakul8

g1junky

Feb 3, 2009
Dolton, IL
im on vista and i keep getting an error saying

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

can anyone help me with this?

Top Liked Posts