Silicone case that doesn't lift tempered glass screen protector

Search This thread

BuDDaH

Nov 13, 2005
Leiden
Hi All,

My preferred phone protection is to have a tempered glass screen protector and silicone case. Saved my old phone from bad damage a couple times while bouncing on the street.
Now... the challenge I have with the P9000 is that the silicone case that came with the phone doesn't go 'over' the edges of the tempered glass protector and pushes it off.

rather annoying!

Ordered some other silicone cases on Aliexpress but the same problem.

Anybody found a nice case that does the trick? Tried 'heat stretching' the case a bit for a better fit but no luck so far.

thanks!

skeleton1911

May 4, 2012
münster
Hi All,

My preferred phone protection is to have a tempered glass screen protector and silicone case. Saved my old phone from bad damage a couple times while bouncing on the street.
Now... the challenge I have with the P9000 is that the silicone case that came with the phone doesn't go 'over' the edges of the tempered glass protector and pushes it off.

rather annoying!

Anybody found a nice case that does the trick? Tried 'heat stretching' the case a bit for a better fit but no luck so far.

thanks!

yup same problem. i cut the case a bit and now it dont look nice . but it works.

vsrookie

Feb 10, 2011
Hi.

My problem was that one corner of the glass doesn't stick to the LCD. After I applied the silikoncase it fits.
I have the case that come with the phone.

I stretched it a little bit over the corners of the phones without heat.

Greetings

Reactions: skeleton1911

DaBountyHunter

Apr 22, 2009
London
Hi.

My problem was that one corner of the glass doesn't stick to the LCD. After I applied the silikoncase it fits.

Greetings

Had the same issue what you need to do is force phone by slotting it into case then pull the lip over the screen protector. Do this to all corners and you'll have no issues.

BuDDaH

Nov 13, 2005
Leiden
Hi.

Greetings

Congrats on having it fixed without any drastic measures! I went the 'cutting route' for now since I had to replace the screen protector and didn't want to risk another one.
But I've got another set of silicone cases coming from aliexpress to check if they are a bit better!

I've got 2 P9000's (one for me one for my girlfriend) so actually I already wrecked 2 screen protectors.

mixterz

Mar 14, 2011
i bought the official flip case and tempered glass.
tried the case first which fit but found the buttons a bit hard to press.
if you fold the case front behind the phone the camera is blocked also.
could view the on screen clock and notifications through the case screen window.
once applied the tempered glass the phone wouldn't recognize the flip case, so when i closed it over the screen remained on and the case window became useless.
this company do nothing right do they.

miliob

May 18, 2016
Had to struggle the same problem, but now i could fix it.
Just make sure the glass is positioned in centre on the screen. When putting on the case, make sure the case slips properly over the first 3 corners. For the last one, you can use any tool (i a used knife, but be careful :D ) to overlap the edge of the silicon case with the tempered glass.

TechiumDog

Jun 6, 2016
I have the same issue (sometimes) with matte film protectors and the standard case.
Always on the top right corner for me - where I've got fractionally less unprotected screen , so maybe very precise alignment of the screen protector would help you?

sluiz

Dec 20, 2014
Cut the flip in the flip-case.

Hi All,

rather annoying!

thanks!

Cut the flip in the flip-case. Just kepping the hard back. This way you can use the glass and have back protection. I did this and works fine.

peteramd

Feb 7, 2012
Cut the flip in the flip-case. Just kepping the hard back. This way you can use the glass and have back protection. I did this and works fine.
The hard back in the flip case is useless. Too fragile, corners and button covers break easily, my P9000 fell just once not too hard and the screen left upper corner broke. Silicone cover is better protection

waqas.T

Jan 8, 2020
u can use scotch tape on the bottom corners of the glass to stop it from lifting, funny idea but works, if u want to save a new case cost.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.

Greetings
    Same problem here. Original case and aliexpress case. No luck.:(
    No matter what I did, it wouldn't do it without lifting the glass

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk