Silly question, does it matter if I have the Tmobile sim in phone when I update?

Search This thread

Raistlin1

Oct 1, 2010
So I just got my Moto X pure edition that ships with a tmobile sim, I connected to wifi and I am downloading the OTA update but I left the tmobile sim in. I am going to be using this phone on AT&T though, so that is why I am asking. I notice in some of the baseband and other labels I see the letters TMO which to me means tmobile but it may be unrelated.

Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question.

Last edited:

shamelin73

Jul 27, 2010
Dallas
It is the pure it will work on AT&T fine. It supports both networks just fine. The baseband does have the TMO name in it but does not matter. Just keeps it different from the AT&T version.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Raistlin1

Raistlin1

Oct 1, 2010
It is the pure it will work on AT&T fine. It supports both networks just fine. The baseband does have the TMO name in it but does not matter. Just keeps it different from the AT&T version.

Thanks, I figured as much but just wanted to be sure.

xnifex

Jul 4, 2006
Phoenix
keep that tmobile sim. AT&T hasn't even released Lollipop yet, so if you throw that tmobile SIM when everyone else is starting to get updates, you should get the update too. If you try to update with the AT&T SIM in, you're going to be waiting quite a while.

shamelin73

Jul 27, 2010
Dallas
keep that tmobile sim. AT&T hasn't even released Lollipop yet, so if you throw that tmobile SIM when everyone else is starting to get updates, you should get the update too. If you try to update with the AT&T SIM in, you're going to be waiting quite a while.
With the pure edition it does not matter what Sim you have in the phone. You get your updates from Motorola not the carrier.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With the pure edition it does not matter what Sim you have in the phone. You get your updates from Motorola not the carrier.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone