Question Sim 2 slot disappeared

Search This thread

Evo400

May 19, 2022
Just randomly I noticed my 2nd sim slot isn't showing any longer. I use 2 sim card in my phone and just randomly I can longer enable it, as if the phone was never a dual sim? the Option in the settings have changed too. I have installed nor updated the phone. Restart or reboot don't help. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-12-08-57-44-687_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-12-08-57-44-687_com.android.settings.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 18

Evo400

May 19, 2022
Further more the phone no longer shows any association with SIM 2, no imei, no phone 2 data, etc.As if the phone was a single sim only. Removing, reinstalling, doesn't help the case. Advice welcome please

NOSS8

Evo400

May 19, 2022
Is there a possibility to update via fastboot? I dont want to TWRP unless I have to? I tought TWRP wasnt possible on A12? Sorry to bother you but have you any links on TWRP how to?

NOSS8

Reactions: Evo400

Evo400

May 19, 2022
Last question, it seems like magisk no longer works as some people have described and root is hard to achieve via TWRP.

Is your phone rooted on the lastest version of xiaomi eu for 12 Pro? thanks

Evo400

May 19, 2022
Im not worried about playstore, latest safetynet works fine with all banking and playstore.

Root for me cause of privacy, adaway is a big one, having zero ads on android is a game changer, plus being in full control via xposed is what attracts me to androids.

Evo400

May 19, 2022
I just reset the phone settings, try swapping cards into my 11T peo ( which works fine) cleared all data , cache and still dont have the dual sim option. What ever has happend as if the phone is a single sim only. And all settings, IMEI, etc only show single slot. The phone hasnt been updated either so its very strange event that lead to removal of the dual SIM.
Unless phone pushed some carrier settings update in the background, I dont know. I will flash again the same 13.0.36 fastboot and see if that helps and then go via twrp option.

Will update here

Evo400

May 19, 2022
Update:

TWRP installed and I updated to latest 12 PRO version of 13.0.37

Everything went smooth, but DUAL SIM still not working. The phone is still listing one Sim 1 as if its a single sim phone?
Im speechless

NOSS8

Evo400

May 19, 2022
Update:
I did a complete wipe and reinstall of the Xiaomi EU rom and the Dual sim is back working now. Just pain trying to backup and restore, but all working now.
Quite possible a bug in the Xiaomi eu Rom.

Reactions: murakh

NOSS8

Update:
I did a complete wipe and reinstall of the Xiaomi EU rom and the Dual sim is back working now. Just pain trying to backup and restore, but all working now.
Quite possible a bug in the Xiaomi eu Rom.
A bug that you will be the only one to have, moreover no one answered you on Xiaomi eu rom.
By formatting the data everything was cleaned and possibly recreated a partition.
Root +Magisk modules or xposed,etc.. may be the cause.

Reactions: Evo400

Top Liked Posts