SIM activated and working, but account informations won't show it

Search This thread

tomasel

Aug 14, 2020
Hi all,
I'm trying to unlock my Redmi Note 7 following the lineageos installation guide (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/lavender/install), I get stuck at point 7 of "Unlocking the bootloader" section.

So, I haven't been able to unlock the phone yet because the Mi Unlock app fails at 99% reporting a generic error "Could not unlock device".
While I was repeating the procedure I noticed that, even though my sim is perfectly working (I have been using it for a couple of years now) and I have already connected it to my account, it shows that it is not activated. So I think, since it is a requirement for unlocking the phone, that this could be the problem.

I could not find anything useful online, since all problems related to the sim activation actually refers to a not working sim or detection problem, while I have a perfectly functioning connection (both data and sms) and the phone obviously detects it.

Any help?

Thanks

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 10

tomasel

Aug 14, 2020
Yes, and it does it succesfully. Even though I can keep doing it and it keeps saying something like "account is now connected to this device", but the button is still there and I can *add it* again (I guess there is no check).