SIM Card isn't Supported [Verizon]

Search This thread

legbuh

Jan 23, 2011
I bought the phone directly from Google. Unlocked. They sent another one... same issue. It is a google problem. The link I posted shows someone talked to Google and they are aware of it. The swapping phones is just buying time.

I am in the US. I have used Google phones since the first original nexus. This is the first one where inserting the sim didn't work. The sim still works in my pixel 1, 2, 3 and even my older nexus 5x that takes the micro sim and works.

Pixel 4, doesn't work. It tells me to contact xfinity. I have ATT services. The phone won't even allow the scanning of an ATT e-sim. Only Xfinity.

It's a google problem. I think you're going to see more of these posts in the coming weeks/months.. mainly for unlocked phones.

kd4k8Wlm.png

Last edited:

legbuh

Jan 23, 2011
Just worked with Google support for a few days, determined the phones are indeed locked to a carrier. So probably someone stacking the wrong phones in the unlocked section of the warehouse (to be simplistic).

Just got my 3rd Pixel 4 and things are great. Thanks Google for working with me to fix this.

Last edited:

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Just worked with Google support for a few days, determined the phones are indeed locked to a carrier. So probably someone stacking the wrong phones in the unlocked section of the warehouse (to be simplistic).

Just got my 3rd Pixel 4 and things are great. Thanks Google for working with me to fix this.

You were 100% correct and I'm glad you got it fixed. It's a known problem and popping up in a lot of places. You might have been one of the first few that got an incorrect version.

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro
The issue that @legbuh is experiencing is different from the OP's issue. I mean they are both locked SIM card issues, but the Xfinity SIM card issue is a known issue with a set of phone recently released by Google. The OPs phone being SIM locked is not due to this issue, but something else.

I agree with everyone else that I would go through EBay to return it. If the phone was listed as a SIM card unlocked phone and it is not, then it is a fraud issue and you should get your money back.

elegalll

Oct 7, 2009
Santo Domingo
The issue that @legbuh is experiencing is different from the OP's issue. I mean they are both locked SIM card issues, but the Xfinity SIM card issue is a known issue with a set of phone recently released by Google. The OPs phone being SIM locked is not due to this issue, but something else.

I agree with everyone else that I would go through EBay to return it. If the phone was listed as a SIM card unlocked phone and it is not, then it is a fraud issue and you should get your money back.

Wrong, it was an issue with my phone, Google Support helped and fix it.

BelLFesT

May 8, 2016
Wrong, it was an issue with my phone, Google Support helped and fix it.
Hey,
Unfortunately I have the same issue. The most confusing is that Verizon says it's unlocked in their system, but Google Support said it's still under Verizon network lock.
Can you please let me know what exactly Support have done for you?

elegalll

Oct 7, 2009
Santo Domingo
Hey,
Unfortunately I have the same issue. The most confusing is that Verizon says it's unlocked in their system, but Google Support said it's still under Verizon network lock.

I've posted the process in the pixel community forum: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/23287873?hl=en

but now is gone, is like google deleted it or something.

But let me explain: when i talked with the support guy, he did something in his end, and then he asked my to reset my wifi, bluetooth, and cellular settings. After that, i entered my sim and worked.

BelLFesT

May 8, 2016
I've posted the process in the pixel community forum

but now is gone, is like google deleted it or something.

But let me explain: when i talked with the support guy, he did something in his end, and then he asked my to reset my wifi, bluetooth, and cellular settings. After that, i entered my sim and worked.

Google Support said they can't do anything about it since it is still locked to Verizon and there is no way they can remove this lock.
I tried to reset the network settings and performed a factory reset, but none of these didn't work for me.
That's why i was wondering if you have any idea on what exactly has to be done with the Google Support team

chuckychux

Mar 16, 2013
Lagos
I'm having a serious issue here too, I have a pixel 3a which I got unlocked. Once I put a different sim that isn't Verizon it works, but when I connect it to the internet via mobile data or WiFi, it says SIM card isn't supported. Please house what could be the problem

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Hey,
Get on the phone with Google and have their support team call Verizon support while you remain on the phone. They have the phone number. You can't play he said she said it'll get you nowhere.

jack lamters

Jul 1, 2021
Rabat
grouphowto.com
If you're using a Verizon phone and you see the "SIM card isn't supported" error, it means your phone is not compatible with the Verizon network. This error can occur for a number of reasons, including:

-Your phone is not designed for use on the Verizon network.
-Your phone is not compatible with the Verizon SIM card.
-The Verizon SIM card is not properly inserted into your phone.

If you see this error, you'll need to contact Verizon to resolve the issue. More info about the error https://grouphowto.com/verizon-sim-card-not-working/

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
If you're using a Verizon phone and you see the "SIM card isn't supported" error, it means your phone is not compatible with the Verizon network. This error can occur for a number of reasons, including:

-Your phone is not designed for use on the Verizon network.
-Your phone is not compatible with the Verizon SIM card.
-The Verizon SIM card is not properly inserted into your phone.

If you see this error, you'll need to contact Verizon to resolve the issue. More info about the error https://grouphowto.com/verizon-sim-card-not-working/
Pixels will work with all carriers unless they are sim locked down by the carrier because they have not been paid off yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So what can I do in that case?
    Open a case with PayPal and eBay and get your money back. It's either a phone that hasn't been paid off yet, or a stolen phone.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    If the device wasn't paid off then it's fraud and they will make good. There was / is a thread here about selling a device that wasn't paid off in full. Well this is what happens if you do sell or buy one in that state. Maybe you can call the carrier and ask if it's paid off. If it is they will unlock it for you.