Question SIM Card Manager

Search This thread

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
As @wr3cckl3ss1 have noted in his research, if you change your CSC to GCF and disable cidmanager, you get the rest of the world SIM manager back.

Screenshot_20220828-201800_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20220826-212841_Call_settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220826-213208_Settings.jpg

Thanks, I'm here as a user of N20 Ultra. I don't see cidmanager on mine -- Also @wr3cckl3ss1 is using a beta software, so that could be a difference.
As far as using Beta 2.....I've been able to disable cidmanager since AVDC.....since I'm stuck on rev. 2...can't go earlier to see but I'm pretty sure it's there.

Reactions: Shanghai.Knight

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Thanks, I'm here as a user of N20 Ultra. I don't see cidmanager on mine -- Also @wr3cckl3ss1 is using a beta software, so that could be a difference.
The screenshots are from my device on the latest stable firmware, not beta. If you put in a SIM card and got a message to reboot, you definitely have cidmanager unless you uninstalled it manually via ADB.

Reactions: wr3cckl3ss1

nocomp

Feb 3, 2007
argonay
hi,
sorry it s a bit off topic, but is it possible to have 2 physical sim card + 1 esim?
best regards

hi,
sorry it s a bit off topic, but is it possible to have 2 physical sim card + 1 esim?
best regards
To my knowledge....why not? Your only problem is finding a third IMEI....you can have that setup but I think two will work at the same time while one had to stay dormant. I could be completely wrong.though. I'm only basing this off the fact that my S908U has 2 IMEIs....one for sim and one for ESIM. Search around and find out. Because if it's possible....even i would do it.

This maybe a little off topic but I thought I would share to maybe help someone out or save them a little bit of time. I figured out that when you do switch your CSC to GCF. You can almost completely avoid messing with the bands altogether. I tested and retested between the beta firmware and the new firmware from this month which is AVHB. Try this......
Take any firmware... it could be this month or last month's or the betas and whatever your CSC is....change it to GCF. Now what you want to do is reflash that firmware that you're on right now. Let everything finish and boot up to the welcome screen. At the welcome screen....you're going to have to be quick on the app and phone. This is where it may or may not prompt you to change your service provider... if it does jump into ADB and disabled te CID manager....if it doesn't then double check to see if it's really disabled. If everything is good and disabled now you want to reboot your phone... But don't touch the notification of the service provider at all....See pics attached for the following....after you're all booted up....go to Band Selection using the dialer code...Now what you want to see is where it says Sim 1 or if you're dual sim like me.....then both have to say GCF.... If it doesn't say gtf then you miss the steps somewhere or you didn't follow everything correct but it has to say GCF on either SIM 1 or SIM 2..... From here don't do anything else now I've added pictures so that you can see what's inside the band selection but I didn't click anything else going forward... only to take the screenshots.... For context I'll let you know...my SIM 1 provider is T-Mobile and my SiIM 2 provider is Verizon. On a good day I can only get three to four bars for T-Mobile.l and Verizon each. Since doing this.....I stay at pretty much full bars for both networks. The proof is in the pictures. Now because I noticed this that's why I haven't really gone in to see what bands are enabled for each provider but from what I can tell it looks like it's a whole lot more for these provider than I had before. I haven't tested call quality and I haven't tested data speed but walking around all day with full bars on each provider is pretty much worth it for me. And I've done this only on the U variant of the S22 Ultra. I'll eventually test it on the u1 firmware but either way they are both the same phone so if it works on one....it should work on the other..... HAVE FUN EVERYONE!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220901-034819_Service mode RIL.jpg
    Screenshot_20220901-034819_Service mode RIL.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_20220901-034828_Service mode RIL.jpg
    Screenshot_20220901-034828_Service mode RIL.jpg
    709.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_20220901-034842_Service mode RIL.jpg
    Screenshot_20220901-034842_Service mode RIL.jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: PapaDocta

Shanghai.Knight

Feb 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Be aware that you might not be getting any more signal strength. Various carriers handle displaying bars differently. Changing CSC and everything is gonna mess with that.

I'm curious though...

1. If you have NO cellular service with SIM1, can you use SIM2 "data", to send mms messages from the number associated with SIM1?
2. If you have NO cellular service with SIM1, can you make a wifi calling, call with the number associated with SIM 1, (using data from SIM 2)?
3. How does that work with RCS? I'm guessing RCS is still horribly messed up in this scenario.

Be aware that you might not be getting any more signal strength. Various carriers handle displaying bars differently. Changing CSC and everything is gonna mess with that.

I'm curious though...

1. If you have NO cellular service with SIM1, can you use SIM2 "data", to send mms messages from the number associated with SIM1?
2. If you have NO cellular service with SIM1, can you make a wifi calling, call with the number associated with SIM 1, (using data from SIM 2)?
3. How does that work with RCS? I'm guessing RCS is still horribly messed up in this scenario.
Yes your right about that one. That's one thing i forgot to add in my post. But I can add that whatever it did, it gave me better service in parts i know for a fact, I had trouble or poor service in. Call performance also improved. The only thing left I would try is Data speeds. Im still clueless as to how it all works and what's enabled or disabled. But it's good enough for me. As far as RCS....i have

1. Used SIM 2 (VZW) TXT with Data enabled on SIM 1 (TMB).....No RCS
2. SIM 1 (TMB) TXT with Data enabled on SIM 2 (VZW)......this one was interesting.....it was hit and miss for some reason. So it would send out as RCS but every response I get back would come in as SMS and then as soon as I sent out another text it would go out as RCS....alot of back and forth. But I would never get a message back without it going to SMS....

This is just in my situation....As i only have TMB and VZW. It's possible that it could be different with other providers. I'm hoping to get a cheap ATT sim and plan this weekend and do more testing. I also plan on maybe getting a USC sim and plan. But I think VZW and USC are close...if not...the same. Just need to take a peek at the file.

Any idea where to look?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220902-081932_Root Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220902-081932_Root Explorer.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20220902-082145_Root Explorer.jpg
    Screenshot_20220902-082145_Root Explorer.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: Shanghai.Knight

Shanghai.Knight

Feb 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Any thoughts on this? I'm planning on using a data only esim overseas with my att esim.

I'm planning on using a data only esim for the data while overseas. The att esim won't have data. Can I send rcs messages using the data only esim, but using my att number (wifi calling) ?

This didn't work with a esim that had another number. Messages wouldn't send, according to the above posts...

All you need is an app like setedit to find the default sim card settings and edit the build properties of your device for example on the global properties table : multi_sim_data_call 5, multi_sim_sms_slot 0, multi_sim_voice_call_slot0,sim1_onoff_state1,or other random sim settings :esim_phone_on_1 0,phone1_on1,phone2_on1,psim_phone_on_2 0,volte_call_waiting_slot21

Etc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The s22 is different to my prior s21 in this way too. Before you could independently choose which sim did voice, data and SMS. Now it's one sim or the other for all three.
    I think I managed to separate the data from the voice/text by using adb.

adb shell settings get global multi_sim_data_call

reveals which sim is set to data

adb shell settings put global multi_sim_data_call

assigns it to whatever number you give it at the end of that line

So I did "settings put global multi_sim_data_call 2" and it switched data to eSim.

Initially the phone still had the physical sim as primary even while eSim data was on, but I decided to test if it would survive a reboot. After reboot the phone shows eSim as primary, which is not what I wanted to see. However, upon checking the phone app, the phone app still shows the physical sim as default. So basically the settings app decides to show eSim as primary based on the eSim having data, but the phone app still considers the physical sim as default. Which means internally voice and texting are indeed set to one sim (in this case the physical sim) and data to the other sim (in this case, the eSim).

Presumably you could go further and use adb to separate voice and texting. Essentially recreating the full version of Sim Card Manager in the form of adb commands.

adb shell settings put global multi_sim_voice_call

adb shell settings put global multi_sim_sms

Adding the desired subID at the end of each line.
    As @wr3cckl3ss1 have noted in his research, if you change your CSC to GCF and disable cidmanager, you get the rest of the world SIM manager back.

Screenshot_20220828-201800_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20220826-212841_Call_settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220826-213208_Settings.jpg
    Darn. The SIM Toolkit app won't install as it says the Package is invalid,and the SIMMobilityKit one just wouldn't install.

If someone with an S22 Ultra Snapdragon unit outside of North America could try, maybe that'll work
    Anyone with a non-North American Snapdragon Galaxy S22 able to extract the SIM Manager app? Don't feel comfortable flashing a foreign ROM in case I brick ny phone or trip Knox
    FWIW there's pretty much no chance of tripping knox by flashing a signed fw and not unlocking the bootloader (not like you can anyways)

I am also curious at this and probably won't get to try flashing until my 2nd S22U arrives
    I am convinced Samsung is doing this in the Americas due to some backdoor deals with the carriers. The carriers do not want us to be able to use different sims for different things. They want you to have to purchase one expensive plan from them. This is the most compelling thing pushing me back towards the Pixel 6 Pro. Glad I still have it.

To overcome the MMS on the non-primary sim, I had to install a third-party messaging app. Pulsesms. I would rather use google messages.

For the phone calls, I just installed google dialer which lets you select the primary calling account (sim).

I have half a mind to file a complaint with my state's consumer protection board. It doesn't seem right that they can place these kinds of restrictions on US handsets, even if you buy it unlocked.