Question SIM Manager Restricted Selections

Search This thread

icashootnstar

Jun 8, 2023
My apologies if this is posted somewhere else. I’ve searched and could not find it, but I may be using the wrong words!

In the SIM Manager, some phones (International, maybe?) there is the option to assign services to each SIM. In mine there is not. It’s one SIM or the other at a time for everything. It’s a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra configured for Spectrum (CHA).

Is this function disabling coming from Samsung’s programming? Spectrum’s? (I've gotten an inkling from what I've found so far it has to do with the CSC.) And of course the big question- Is there any way to change it without risking a phone’s stability? I just want to be able to use my home SIM to be available for calls/texts to my home number and a separate eSIM for data simultaneously while traveling in Europe. Is that too much to ask?

I’ve no experience flashing phone firmware and it’s a brand new phone, so I’m terrified of bricking it.

nguyenlucky

Jan 30, 2013
danang
You can try a workaround. Worked on my friend's S918U1
IMG_20230611_144524.jpg

icashootnstar

Jun 8, 2023
Shoots. Looks like Samsung worked around the work-around. But I'll be watching for an update. Looks like a lot of people are.

EtherealRemnant

You can try a workaround. Worked on my friend's S918U1
View attachment 5930237
Thank you! That worked!

It's definitely glitched. It doesn't show the names of the networks on the eSIMs. Tapping on the one that said Active though and then tapping the SMS preference and choosing the option with a blank label worked.

Screenshot_20230612_154950_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20230612_154955_Settings.jpg

Now when I send SMS messages I won't have to remember to flip the stupid toggle to avoid texting from my Boost number.

Too bad it didn't also change the RCS number from Boost to Tello but I can live without RCS.

EtherealRemnant

Good to know. But I have one SIM, and the second would be an eSIM. I tried and then removed one when my attempts didn't work. If I see a possible solution, it's worth buying another to test.
The workaround works. Are you sure you hit the more network settings button? I successfully was able to select defaults for my pSIM and eSIM.

Top Liked Posts