• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

SIM/Network Unlock TMobile S7+

Search This thread

teflon79

May 8, 2011
McAllen, TX
Has anyone had any luck at network unlocking their TMobile Tab S7+ ? I purchased from Samsung but they didn't have an "unlocked" version. Bought the TMobile one but it appears to be Network Locked

Yes, I paid off my device then it automatically sent me a notification to unlock. I went to Settings>connections>more connection settings and clicked the unlock button. Now it shows that my tablet is network unlocked.

Reactions: Dvalin21

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Yes, I paid off my device then it automatically sent me a notification to unlock. I went to Settings>connections>more connection settings and clicked the unlock button. Now it shows that my tablet is network unlocked.
That's great news. My device is paid off in that I bought it from Samsung ..... Should I just call TMobile? Since it obviously can be unlocked

Mike1256

May 24, 2016
I just got the Jan security update from T-Mobile. When I run it now it tells me my tablet doesn't meet the requirements. The support page says it must be active for 40 days, which I haven't quite cleared yet.

Reactions: jcrompton

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Not the end of the world but I can piggyback on to my existing ATT plan for $10 a month. The t-mobile plan is 50 unless there's a better option?
I'm still on the October Security patch .... wonder if it would be worth the time for 2 factory resets lol??

Mike1256

May 24, 2016
I got a plan for my tablet with T-Mobile that was originally $60. But they offer a discount since I have a phone line and a couple of dollars for autopay. I get unlimited data on my tablet for $20 a month. Can't really complain!

R.da

Apr 7, 2021
Has anyone had any luck at network unlocking their TMobile Tab S7+ ? I purchased from Samsung but they didn't have an "unlocked" version. Bought the TMobile one but it appears to be Network Locked
Have you unlocked your device? if yes, can you please tell me how
I bought S7 plus T-mobile, and it's locked.
I called Samsung and told me to call T-mobile <<< I called T-mobile and told me to call Samsung >>>>

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Have you unlocked your device? if yes, can you please tell me how
I bought S7 plus T-mobile, and it's locked.
I called Samsung and told me to call T-mobile <<< I called T-mobile and told me to call Samsung >>>>
I've posted a couple of places but I think the easiest and best way is to temporarily activate the TMO SIM. I then contacted TMO Twitter support ...... They know what's going on, the phone support doesn't. Tell them you have a Samsung device that's paid for. Can they please network unlock the device. Within 48 hrs I was able to unlock my device in the settings

briand92

Oct 18, 2009
Yes. Initially I tried their online chat, then called in and then went to a store. No luck with any of them. They directed me to Samsung, who then directed me back to T-Mobile. I messaged them on Facebook and Twitter. The Twitter attempt went nowhere. However, they engaged with me on Facebook Messenger quickly and were able to get my S7+ T-Mobile tablets unlocked. I gave them the IMEI numbers and they submitted a request to Samsung who then (somehow) whitelisted my IMEIs. This process took a couple days. Then I was able to successfully use "Permanent Unlock" under Settings - Connections - More Connection Settings - Network Unlock.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to make this thing work on AT&T...

LBKRAIDER

Sep 21, 2021
Yes. Initially I tried their online chat, then called in and then went to a store. No luck with any of them. They directed me to Samsung, who then directed me back to T-Mobile. I messaged them on Facebook and Twitter. The Twitter attempt went nowhere. However, they engaged with me on Facebook Messenger quickly and were able to get my S7+ T-Mobile tablets unlocked. I gave them the IMEI numbers and they submitted a request to Samsung who then (somehow) whitelisted my IMEIs. This process took a couple days. Then I was able to successfully use "Permanent Unlock" under Settings - Connections - More Connection Settings - Network Unlock.

I bought a t mobile with hopes of activation to att after my 60days. Turns out from my business att rep that the s7+ isn't compatible on att. It's isn't compatible with Verizon either but I put my son's sim in it and worked like a champ.
Today I took my buddies att sim and it worked like a champ. I took a new att sim activated for another device and popped it into the tmobile tablet and it never registered. Not sure why my buddies iPhone sim worked but not the new att activated one or how a Verizon sim worked.

I bought a t mobile with hopes of activation to att after my 60days. Turns out from my business att rep that the s7+ isn't compatible on att. It's isn't compatible with Verizon either but I put my son's sim in it and worked like a champ.
Today I took my buddies att sim and it worked like a champ. I took a new att sim activated for another device and popped it into the tmobile tablet and it never registered. Not sure why my buddies iPhone sim worked but not the new att activated one or how a Verizon sim worked.
Sounds like possibly att is putting restrictions on their network.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found this on Reddit the other day. It didnt work for me but might work for you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyTab/comments/l53b1p

I just got the Jan security update from T-Mobile. When I run it now it tells me my tablet doesn't meet the requirements. The support page says it must be active for 40 days, which I haven't quite cleared yet.
    I got a plan for my tablet with T-Mobile that was originally $60. But they offer a discount since I have a phone line and a couple of dollars for autopay. I get unlimited data on my tablet for $20 a month. Can't really complain!